HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree417Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2019, 05:58 AM   #6631

But I’d not pay SG price for work done in My.

This, I strongly agree.
funky05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #6632
Arch-Supremacy Member

Rm2800 same colour exterior only avante, reasonable ?
Not even SGD$1K but in sg you know what kind of quality you will be getting.

BTS was highly recommended by many forumers. I would rather pay BTS than to do it in sg.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 10:01 AM   #6633

Finally went to Syarikat Fuji to get a diagnosis on my aircon.

Worst case scenario of leaking from cooling coil. New parts not worth changing since left 6mths, and they do not keep old cooling coils as odds of getting a defective one can be high-ish. Also installing a new cooling coil takes 1.5days.

Took their advice to top up the refrigerant and PRAY it lasts for the last 6mths.

Overall a good experience with the staff at Syarikat Fuji, they know their stuff. 80rm damage to top up refrigerant.

Happy wife = happy hubby
defunctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #6634
Master Member

Top up gas..... Next go for car shopping.... lolz
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #6635

Need some help from the Bros here. Going to buy a used Kia Cerato Forte and just got it assessed at a local workshop. Attaching an image of the repairs needed and costs below. Does it make sense to do the repairs with Ah Yuan in JB or in Singapore? What parts should I buy from stockists to bring in? Or should I just get Ah Yuan to buy and change for me?

Last edited by braveheart7172; 22-05-2019 at 04:48 PM..
braveheart7172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #6636

Need some help from the Bros here. Going to buy a used Kia Cerato Forte and just got it assessed at a local workshop. Attaching an image of the repairs needed and costs below. Does it make sense to do the repairs with Ah Yuan in JB or in Singapore? What parts should I buy from stockists to bring in? Or should I just get Ah Yuan to buy and change for me?

Wah... Don't make sense to buy the car leh... Unless your dealer charge you a very low price.

Feel free to send a Facebook chat to Ah Yuan.. he can do the quote.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #6637

Cannot see your pic leh.
Best Buy from stockist bring in JB pay labour.

JB parts sometimes cmi thou is cheaper for the parts.
SuperSprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #6638
Arch-Supremacy Member

So much issues still buy????
stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #6639
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sounds like a lot of wear and tear that haven't been addressed, and may even contain some other hidden issues. Are they giving you a good price such that you don't mind paying for the repairs? Else you should look around for another one.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 08:27 AM   #6640

Sounds like a lot of wear and tear that haven't been addressed, and may even contain some other hidden issues. Are they giving you a good price such that you don't mind paying for the repairs? Else you should look around for another one.
Yes, they are all wear and tear issues. It's a 7 year old car, so it's normal. My mechanic also told me it's a good car to buy. It comes with brand new tyres and is accident free. I am migrating in 2 years time so this car will only drive for 2 years.

As for the price, suffice to say that it's very enticing. I am looking at a 7k depre per year. I am coming from a VW Jetta so it's a lot cheaper to go with this car...
braveheart7172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 08:52 AM   #6641

any lobang to repair side mirror like this?

sg garage don't carry this

funky05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #6642
High Supremacy Member

any lobang to repair side mirror like this?

sg garage don't carry this

may be try stockist? else go scrap yard to check? else just buy online?
koolaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #6643
Supremacy Member

If you like, just go for it. In fact just drive till you need to replace stuff. I think KIA Forte on timing chain right? If so just make sure water pump and radiator components aren’t leaking and just drive on.

Yes, they are all wear and tear issues. It's a 7 year old car, so it's normal. My mechanic also told me it's a good car to buy. It comes with brand new tyres and is accident free. I am migrating in 2 years time so this car will only drive for 2 years.

As for the price, suffice to say that it's very enticing. I am looking at a 7k depre per year. I am coming from a VW Jetta so it's a lot cheaper to go with this car...
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #6644
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then technically you could buy the parts from a stockist and head in to JB to get it done. Expect to shave a minimum of 30% from those listed prices if you spend your own time to do it instead of simply heading in to a workshop. If it's enticing enough for you, and since it's only for 2 years, factor in the "worst case basis" and if that still works out for you, just go for it. It's a common enough car to not have to worry about availability of parts or possibility that any regular workshop can't settle it.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #6645
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, I intend to do aircon servicing and wanna ask anyone recently done it at fuji? Roughly how much does it cost so I know how much to prepare and won't kanna chop?
luv_boa is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.