HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree425Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #6811

mr DIY sell alot of cheap bulbs. should go store up bulb like white signal and reverse bulb. 1 pair for 3+rm

Good lobang!
funky05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #6812
Master Member

Hi, useful post. Thanks all.

Anyone know of reliable JB workshop that can change sidemirror for Subaru Impreza? Got quote from MotorImage, wanted to charge me $600+ just for a cracked mirror housing!
You may want to consider asking Subaru AD in JB region to ask on pricing.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #6813

Really? I see if u r AA member they give 2 yrs warranty for car battery so a bit confused now

If due to change and you are frequent visitor to the North and car can still run, then is worth.

Else, like others mentioned, just replace it in SG....
chiusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #6814
Master Member

Really? I see if u r AA member they give 2 yrs warranty for car battery so a bit confused now
Battery warranty for 2 years, yes and most workshop will give. Again, please understand that 2 years warranty only covers manufacturer's defects.....
Meaning, even you AA members, the most they give you free towing services i think.
Old 24-06-2019, 12:54 AM   #6815

Buying an aftermarket bumper, which needs to be spray painted (colour to be matched with existing car colour) and installed.

And to repair a 2 inch long scratch which has rusted (that section of the car also to be spray painted).

Any workshop in JB to recommend please?
aErOpLaNe911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #6816
Arch-Supremacy Member

Buying an aftermarket bumper, which needs to be spray painted (colour to be matched with existing car colour) and installed.

And to repair a 2 inch long scratch which has rusted (that section of the car also to be spray painted).

Any workshop in JB to recommend please?
BTS spray paint at Bukit indah
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #6817

For those people who are tending to repair Aircon and doing air-con services in Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler. The address is at 15, Jalan Perang, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, 80400, Johor Bahru, Johor, 80400, Malaysia

I have to write this as I saw many people review this aircon workshop and I myself had been overcharged so much by this shop. The price of this shop is even more expensive than Singapore.

My experience is that I brought my Mercedes E200 here on a Saturday morning to fix my air-con. My aircon had no wind for the past few days and I, really rush to fix it. The problem was found out by the shop's uncle which is told by him that my AC Blower was screwed. The uncle in this shop charged me 1500 RM for this AC Blower. I was rush to fix the AC and I somehow accept the price. The problem was fixed.

Later after coming back to Singapore, I asked my friend who selling mercedes-benz parts in Singapore for the quotation of the AC BLower and the price for OEM AC Blower is 185 SGD which a lot cheaper than the shop's uncle charged me. You guys can blame me for my stupidity that I did not ask my friend right-away after receiving the quotation from the uncle. I don't know why but I always tend to believe other people's recommendations and also the uncle in this shop seems to be nice

I have no problem with paying 1500 RM = 500 SGD if the price was right. Anw, at least my problem was fixed

I don't know why so many people give good advice for this shop. I was so disappointed with this shop, feel like being cheated when I was overcharged so much
VincentNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #6818
Master Member

For those people who are tending to repair Aircon and doing air-con services in Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler. The address is at 15, Jalan Perang, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, 80400, Johor Bahru, Johor, 80400, Malaysia

I have to write this as I saw many people review this aircon workshop and I myself had been overcharged so much by this shop. The price of this shop is even more expensive than Singapore.

My experience is that I brought my Mercedes E200 here on a Saturday morning to fix my air-con. My aircon had no wind for the past few days and I, really rush to fix it. The problem was found out by the shop's uncle which is told by him that my AC Blower was screwed. The uncle in this shop charged me 1500 RM for this AC Blower. I was rush to fix the AC and I somehow accept the price. The problem was fixed.

Later after coming back to Singapore, I asked my friend who selling mercedes-benz parts in Singapore for the quotation of the AC BLower and the price for OEM AC Blower is 185 SGD which a lot cheaper than the shop's uncle charged me. You guys can blame me for my stupidity that I did not ask my friend right-away after receiving the quotation from the uncle. I don't know why but I always tend to believe other people's recommendations and also the uncle in this shop seems to be nice

I have no problem with paying 1500 RM = 500 SGD if the price was right. Anw, at least my problem was fixed

I don't know why so many people give good advice for this shop. I was so disappointed with this shop, feel like being cheated when I was overcharged so much
For a start, MB parts are not cheap in JB. Thats for sure... Most likely you no come in here and ask brudders here?
This shop and another shop Sheng Auto, solved my air con.
BTW, i drove a boleh land car...
Old 25-06-2019, 09:55 PM   #6819
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any good workshops for landrovers?
stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #6820
Great Supremacy Member

Imo, its very typical for a Msian to increase his price once he notice his shop or services has name to Singaporeans. I encountered really quite a lot. Once shop or services become famous through Singaporeans, price automatically increase.

That's why for me, i appreciate Ah Yuan. He might be the rarer kind of boss that wants the customer to keep coming back instead of just uping his price for profits just because his shop got famous and mostly Singaporeans. Ah Yuan to me is just like saying, a prostitue that wants the customer to keep coming back to her instead of just wanting quick profits.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #6821

Frankly , there are many workshops that charges much lesser than the recommended ones here.. I've been to random workshops in tampoi, permas jaya, and one more near the mydin mall. Their prices were good. I don't go back to the same workshop cos after a while, they develop the 'he can wait la, he will accept the price quoted la' mentality

Some people feel price quoted rm500 is cheap when they were quoted $300 in SG but actual price might be only rm250, WS up price to rm500 cos 1:3, sinkies will still go ahead.

Different folks, different strokes.

I once had a serious air con issue with my car. Fuji air cooler couldn't find out the problem. A few workshops in SG also couldn't. I went mark cool twice but ah huat wasn't there. I went to a random workshop in tampoi, got it settled at 9pm for rm40. For that price , I would say it's Malaysian price.
funky05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #6822
Supremacy Member

Tsk. People charge reasonably and gets called a “prostitute”. Singaporeans tsk.

Imo, its very typical for a Msian to increase his price once he notice his shop or services has name to Singaporeans. I encountered really quite a lot. Once shop or services become famous through Singaporeans, price automatically increase.

That's why for me, i appreciate Ah Yuan. He might be the rarer kind of boss that wants the customer to keep coming back instead of just uping his price for profits just because his shop got famous and mostly Singaporeans. Ah Yuan to me is just like saying, a prostitue that wants the customer to keep coming back to her instead of just wanting quick profits.
liquidh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #6823
Great Supremacy Member

Tsk. People charge reasonably and gets called a “prostitute”. Singaporeans tsk.
Don't misunderstood. I'm laying out a way of saying he wants customer to keep coming back to him instead of just quick profits.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 06:46 AM   #6824
Supremacy Member

I know.

Don't misunderstood. I'm laying out a way of saying he wants customer to keep coming back to him instead of just quick profits.
liquidh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #6825
High Supremacy Member

still, it should have been better worded.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.