HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree437Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2019, 11:55 AM   #7081

2008 Toyota Allion Autotransmission Fluid Change

Hello,

any Allion owners here have experience on the above ?
chirpydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #7082
Supremacy Member

They also human. Everyday need to entertain ppl also very hard to work. Sometimes also wants to be appreciated, if people buy thing for them they also will be happy ma.

Can't be go there pay 25rm for oil change and expect $150 worth of service. On this note I am sure Singapore has $150 service and gives you 25rm standard.

I think in life there are more to just paying for a service and stops there.

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT
problem with them i encounter is i ask nicely and all but still kanna black face with lousy attitude + chop carrot price but that because maybe they don't like my face and i drive a conti car. The work i ask them to do is just a simple oil change labour, change oil filter labour + change spark plug labour 85rm which i feel is over price by jb standard. I still went ahead because is already late like 5+pm when i reach there. By giving black face still need me to buy them drink + food is confirm a big no no.
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #7083
Supremacy Member

Where's a good place in JB to purchase tyres? Looking to try Michelin Ps4 16 inch
zul99z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #7084

Where's a good place in JB to purchase tyres? Looking to try Michelin Ps4 16 inch
Can try Hawk Tyre. Quite me cheaper than in Singapore. But I didn't get from them before, 16in 395rm.

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT
earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 07:05 PM   #7085
Arch-Supremacy Member

Carclick is a good place for troubleshooting?
I still feel vibration when stationary, already replaced engine mounting few weeks back
stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #7086
Supremacy Member

Depending on your conti model, it may be a pain to change spark plugs as compared to a straight four cylinder engine.

problem with them i encounter is i ask nicely and all but still kanna black face with lousy attitude + chop carrot price but that because maybe they don't like my face and i drive a conti car. The work i ask them to do is just a simple oil change labour, change oil filter labour + change spark plug labour 85rm which i feel is over price by jb standard. I still went ahead because is already late like 5+pm when i reach there. By giving black face still need me to buy them drink + food is confirm a big no no.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #7087
Supremacy Member

Ok. Don’t expect everyone to agree. But that’s just my point of view. Want to do business, better know how to PR unless the skillset you have is something not many possess.

For example, John Wick.

Don't quite agree with that, but to each his own. I'm paying for skills and tools I don't have, I don't need a smiling owner or a fancy workshop or fancy waiting area. And It's great to know that the money I pay goes directly to the one doing the work, not some owner's pocket who did nothing to earn it.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #7088
Master Member

Don't quite agree with that, but to each his own. I'm paying for skills and tools I don't have, I don't need a smiling owner or a fancy workshop or fancy waiting area. And It's great to know that the money I pay goes directly to the one doing the work, not some owner's pocket who did nothing to earn it.
Then donít start a business. Business is about personal relationship. Just stay an employee and let the boss worry about appeasing clients.

And often we donít need them to smile to us like like they are silly. Just need to answer questions fully and properly like you would - as a decent human being - to a stranger. Really not expecting Lexus-Borneo Motors standard really.
Just move on to that one can fix the problem and we as the pay master pay oredi also song type lor.
The primary target must fix the problem and meet the excepted service requested by the pay master...

Other like smiling face/ black face/ chio chio cashier gals/ air con guest waiting room with free wifi/ tons of amenities nearby... etc All these good to have lor but not a must.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #7089

Other than sheng auto, any good ws to recommend to do bonnet/roof wrap?
Justahelpdesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #7090
Arch-Supremacy Member

I stick around this thread quite long, really appreciate the recommendations that fellow members have contributed.

for accessories shop, i must say again, Sheng Auto have gotten way too popular among SG cars, their prices is no longer cheap as way before too.
not to mention the waiting time is crazy.
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #7091
Master Member

I stick around this thread quite long, really appreciate the recommendations that fellow members have contributed.

for accessories shop, i must say again, Sheng Auto have gotten way too popular among SG cars, their prices is no longer cheap as way before too.
not to mention the waiting time is crazy.
Which ws you can recommend and tried before, price and workmanship is better and waiting time is shorter? please share hor..

Well, things are getting more expensive. I usually do a price check in sg vs jb. Plus nego abit, than make decision.
Am a frequent visitor to jb, so even cheaper by SGD$50, i also will do it in JB
Old 02-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #7092
Master Member

I dont see Sheng Auto doing wrap for cars, maybe have but very few. Sheng Auto for accessories such as ICE, car cams, alarm and car air con.

For wrap, can try KC Tint. My friend did de-chrome and feedback workmanship is acceptable.

I have been following wrapzone for awhile, have not decided to go with them.

Am not related to any of the above.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #7093
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which ws you can recommend and tried before, price and workmanship is better and waiting time is shorter? please share hor..

Well, things are getting more expensive. I usually do a price check in sg vs jb. Plus nego abit, than make decision.
Am a frequent visitor to jb, so even cheaper by SGD$50, i also will do it in JB
Sheng do wraps for cars.
well I also freq JB quite often, once a week, every week. can let Sheng Auto do if you are first to arrive when they open shop, confirm fast.

middle of day sua, if u take car, you dont see night time, you consider lucky
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #7094

Recently I did dechrome for my front grill and window trim at sheng auto. Tbh the workmanship for it is quite bad. Some parts they didnt cut the vinyl tape properly, then used black marker to cover it up. Front grill tape came off after 2 days. Was charged 260rm.

But the boss also steady la. Ask me come back redo after I complained to him about it. It looks much better after they redo it.

Perhaps it's better to go for a wrap shop for such services.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
iamnotshawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #7095

Recommended to redo upholstery in jb? I assume can't settle in 1 visit on the spot right?
gnooliew is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.