Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM30 for alignment is using computer system~? 😲
Yes. I asked a few tire shops, all using machines to do alignment. Non-conti rides, for 2 points front wheel alignments start from 30 -200. Yesterday was at Tmn Perling area.
For a Toyota car, RM45. If need to add and adjust rear, add another RM5.

KYLee

Reaction score
Personally i like to seek clarification before heading down, to avoid any disputes.

More importantly whether can be done on that day itself bah.

I managed to find a workshop at Jalan Ros Merah there, boss quite friendly and so far never chop carrot.

Alignment RM$30
Install and Balance tyre RM$20/tyre

Motul 8100 Engine Oil
Oil Filter
Engine Flush
Engine treatment below RM$300

Actually that area alot of workshop, but havent tried the rest.
Can you PM me the workshop?

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the common knocking sound upon steering. How much does it usually cost to fix it?

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes dirt cheap, but is using those knock off china "hunter" equivalent alignment system.

I also bought Malaysian Brand "Gab" HE Coilovers, RM$1550 with installation.

Feels ok qutie similar to BC V1/BR equivalent, but the drawback is Hi Low Bodyshift without damper adjustment. But truthfully speaking, majority won't go and adjust anyways.

Only question is reliability, but it's dirty cheap cannot "hiam" already😅 Labour for Lowering Springs/Coilovers already RM300-400
oh where did you go for the coilovers?

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
Hawk Tayar @ Pelangi outlet is charging $106 MYR for wheel balancing rotation and alignment.

atanbh91

Reaction score
A bit of silly question, and also applies to non-AD workshops in SG. I'm pretty sure they aren't referring to the appropriate manual for oil change, so how does the techs know the correct quantity of engine oil to fill up?

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
I did these but the mechanic didn't update after the check. I'm guessing it's all acceptable lol
Then should be good. Some other dealers might ask you change this change that.

I went to change my tyre and saw the price list. So just took the photo. Gotten
free alignment for changing 4 tyres

hopefully they manage to solve my alignment issue. Will see how after 10k.

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah if that's the case, they are honest.

I read somewhere changing tires in Malaysia for a certain size is more expensive than Singapore

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler

15, Jalan Perang, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Air con workshop
Any other recommended workshops in JB for air con servicing? I suspect my cooling coil or compressor maybe gonna ki chia liao.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.