HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree437Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #7141
Master Member

I didn't. I was gonna head in anyway since I was near Woodlands so I just decided to let them do it. I was expecting one blue note to settle, but the amount I was told caught me off guard. Like I said, I might explore another workshop soon, since I have more 2 sensors to replace the next round when I change EO.
Share here if you able to get cheaper than RM80.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 05:42 PM   #7142

Can get cheaper in SG?
Why must use sg to compare? If everything use sgd to compare, there is nothing to compare.
The cost of living in JB is pretty similar to sg. They earn 4kmyr on average so the labour fees will be quite similar to SG if u exclude exchange rate.
So excluding parts and price solely on labour, it will be 80sg vs 80myr.
Confirm msia cheaper liao, Still need to compare for what.
If SG can charge 80/3 = 27 sgd, this thread will not be around. Everyone just do in Singapore.
The main comparison is with other msia workshops which they are charging on the higher side.
Whatís point of comparing msia workshop and spore workshop rates?
xhlee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #7143

just very puzzled.. car still shows temperature very high when idling or stuck in JB jam..

already changed thermostat , water pump , radiator and all pipes..
mynameishp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #7144
Supremacy Member

Why must use sg to compare? If everything use sgd to compare, there is nothing to compare.
The cost of living in JB is pretty similar to sg. They earn 4kmyr on average so the labour fees will be quite similar to SG if u exclude exchange rate.
If SG can charge 80/3 = 27 sgd, this thread will not be around. Everyone just do in Singapore.
The main comparison is with other msia workshops which they are charging on the higher side.
yup, totally agree but i think there is some hardcore supporter of carclick or maybe they support alot till fren fren so charge good price. i drive conti just go for simple oil change and spark plug change labour fee tio black face somemore like own them million dollar charge me 85rm which i feel is not cheap at all. some say oil change labour only 20-40rm although i still not yet found another cheaper workshop
xiaozhi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #7145
Master Member

What’s point of comparing msia workshop and spore workshop rates?
Thats why i ask did he compare it with sg then come here compliant too expensive to change sensors at RM80 leh?
Drivers head north to search for cheaper alternatives than in SG.
Thats the primary goal. It will be a bonus if can find a cheapest source among jb workshop.
Things are getting more expensive as days goes by.

Last edited by myviowner; 25-09-2019 at 04:07 PM..
Old 23-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #7146
Master Member

yup, totally agree but i think there is some hardcore supporter of carclick or maybe they support alot till fren fren so charge good price. i drive conti just go for simple oil change and spark plug change labour fee tio black face somemore like own them million dollar charge me 85rm which i feel is not cheap at all. some say oil change labour only 20-40rm although i still not yet found another cheaper workshop
I haven tried carclick since it was mentioned here first time.

And i won't be their customer for near future with reviews written here.

Conti rides always been charged higher as compared to other Asian rides. You drove conti you know the market price for a oil change. Be it in JB or sg.
The usual workshop i used before, their price for conti is around RM80+ too for simple oil change, with all the xx point checks and service reset.

Oil change for conti drives, labour only RM20-RM40?
This price for non-conti, i believed.

Last edited by myviowner; 23-09-2019 at 10:47 AM..
Old 24-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #7147

If malaysia workshop about the same price as singapore workshop, they would not travel to malaysia and struck in traffic jam. Sometime, the price maybe similar.
I just fixed a few dents in Singapore workshop because the price is similar as Malaysia workshop.
iphone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #7148
Master Member

If malaysia workshop about the same price as singapore workshop, they would not travel to malaysia and struck in traffic jam. Sometime, the price maybe similar.
I just fixed a few dents in Singapore workshop because the price is similar as Malaysia workshop.
Yeah, gonna check and compare before head north. For your case, i would do the same.
While for instance, myself a frequent visitor to the north, may either get it done over there while am there.
Old 26-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #7149

Any one can recommend ws to replace engine mounts? Or carclick. But one of those you walk in near woodlands and I provided good service without chopping carrot kind. Thanks!
naulium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #7150

Unsolvable coolant leaked

Hi guys

Need your help to recommend an experienced workshop that is specialized in coolant leak.
Iím driving a Suzuki SX4 ( just renew my Coe in March) and Iím having problems with leaking coolant. Below are the things that I have done previously :

1. Replace head gasket at rambo ( next to ksl)
2. Replace top gasket at lch( previously Ah yuan workshop)
3. Replace 3 radiator cap at different workshop
4. Replace water hose gasket ( car click)
5. Replace water hose clamp ( car click)
6. Replace radiator (car click)
7. Overhaul engine ( car click)

I have been to other workshops locally but none is able to solve my problem.
I donít mind paying a little more to have my problem diagnosed properly but Iím sick of trial and error methods.

Appreciate if the experts here can recommend me a proper workshop .
Thanks in advanced
hanabeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 11:57 PM   #7151

Hi guys

Need your help to recommend an experienced workshop that is specialized in coolant leak.
Iím driving a Suzuki SX4 ( just renew my Coe in March) and Iím having problems with leaking coolant. Below are the things that I have done previously :

1. Replace head gasket at rambo ( next to ksl)
2. Replace top gasket at lch( previously Ah yuan workshop)
3. Replace 3 radiator cap at different workshop
4. Replace water hose gasket ( car click)
5. Replace water hose clamp ( car click)
6. Replace radiator (car click)
7. Overhaul engine ( car click)

I have been to other workshops locally but none is able to solve my problem.
I donít mind paying a little more to have my problem diagnosed properly but Iím sick of trial and error methods.

Appreciate if the experts here can recommend me a proper workshop .
Thanks in advanced
check your overflow tank. the plastic container might be the culprit.

water pump with gasket change yet?

dun understand why must overhaul when is coolant leak
have u done a pressure test from WS
SuperSprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #7152

check your overflow tank. the plastic container might be the culprit.

water pump with gasket change yet?

dun understand why must overhaul when is coolant leak
have u done a pressure test from WS

The water pump was replace together with the head gasket at Rambo. However, I went to autosaver and they mention the water pump look used. Nevertheless , will take a look at the container and the pump.

Reason for overhaul is because I went back to champions motor and they didnít even open up the bonnet and insists require overhaul. I tried at pandan and Bukit Batok side. Quoted me $8k.

Pressure test I done at a workshop in amk. Couldnít trace any leak.
hanabeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #7153
Master Member

Any one can recommend ws to replace engine mounts? Or carclick. But one of those you walk in near woodlands and I provided good service without chopping carrot kind. Thanks!

Worried kenna chopped, suggest you do check price here in sg vs jb.
Then you consider whether to get it fix in sg or jb. If price is not much diff and you are not frequent visitor to the north, maybe do it in sg.

Some dude mentioned carclick aren't cheap anymore and sometime see boss's black face.
For me, as long is cheaper than in sg, i saved oredi.
Old 28-09-2019, 03:41 PM   #7154
High Supremacy Member

The water pump was replace together with the head gasket at Rambo. However, I went to autosaver and they mention the water pump look used. Nevertheless , will take a look at the container and the pump.

Reason for overhaul is because I went back to champions motor and they didnít even open up the bonnet and insists require overhaul. I tried at pandan and Bukit Batok side. Quoted me $8k.

Pressure test I done at a workshop in amk. Couldnít trace any leak.

With all those parts replaced, your car is as good as having a completely new cooling system. But the problem of losing coolant still persist. Very very strange.

How much coolant is your car losing per week roughly?

Do you still see coolant on the floor or in your engine compartment, ie red or green fluid?

Have u checked the condition of your engine oil recently? Does it look murky?

Most experienced car mechs should be able to pinpoint n solve this type of problem using pressure kit or those uv dye kit.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #7155

any mega car accessories shop in JB near KSL to recommend ??

Need to have many options on handphone holder, wash car equipments, accessories, decorations etc
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.