HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree446Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #7156

since you all here frequent MY, do u all get a prepaid sim? Any recommendations? Am looking for the cheapest one and preferably has a long expiry date. Just gonna use it for googlemap/waze and maybe the occasional call to a MY number.
Old 29-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #7157

since you all here frequent MY, do u all get a prepaid sim? Any recommendations? Am looking for the cheapest one and preferably has a long expiry date. Just gonna use it for googlemap/waze and maybe the occasional call to a MY number.

Go here bro

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/malaysia-269/malaysia-prepaid-card-1984062-498.html
funky05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #7158
Great Supremacy Member

any mega car accessories shop in JB near KSL to recommend ??

Need to have many options on handphone holder, wash car equipments, accessories, decorations etc
You get around KSL area, prepare to kena chop carrot head.
x3dnd3x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #7159

Just went CarClick on the weekend to check my car as replaced valve cover gasket at 150K KM few months back at CarClick.

Told Jospeh to check if still got any leaks at mileage 155K Km. Proceeded to hoist vehicle up and found some old stains and at the same area as before and oil pan area also abit damped with oil.

He diagnosed say might need to reseal oil pan silicon and the valve timing cover which will be good to perform on next servicing.

Next check valve cover gasket okay, but took out all 4 ignition coil,
Cylinder 1 was wet with EO and coil 1 was wet also. The rest was dry.

He say valve cover spoil again, must change again.
No choice never bring spare gasket so took from them and he help suck out oil from cylinder 1 then proceed to change gasket and wash cover.

Asked him got put silicon anot, he say last time got put now also will put.
Not sure how come after 5K Km gasket will leak again.

Charged me 125RM for the gasket labour 40RM.
Then told him to perform balancing for front so 10RM

Then point out my front brakes pads left 20% so pass him my new brakes pads and labour was 20RM for each side.

Total spend was 215RM. About 70 SGD.

Now CarClick accept credit card already but got surcharge 3%, and they have build a new waiting room for customer.

Saw their office outside, they carry some aftermarket parts like Tien, D2c engineering works, etc.

Now they have the obd computer to help scan for error codes.
Is the big tablet kind. So seems like they have upgraded thier shop.

I still wondering why the valve cover so fast leak, he quoted me 300RM TO reseal valve cover timing and oil pan. But is 6 hours job.
SuperSprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #7160
Master Member

Just went CarClick on the weekend to check my car as replaced valve cover gasket at 150K KM few months back at CarClick.

Told Jospeh to check if still got any leaks at mileage 155K Km. Proceeded to hoist vehicle up and found some old stains and at the same area as before and oil pan area also abit damped with oil.

He diagnosed say might need to reseal oil pan silicon and the valve timing cover which will be good to perform on next servicing.

Next check valve cover gasket okay, but took out all 4 ignition coil,
Cylinder 1 was wet with EO and coil 1 was wet also. The rest was dry.

He say valve cover spoil again, must change again.
No choice never bring spare gasket so took from them and he help suck out oil from cylinder 1 then proceed to change gasket and wash cover.

Asked him got put silicon anot, he say last time got put now also will put.
Not sure how come after 5K Km gasket will leak again.

Charged me 125RM for the gasket labour 40RM.
Then told him to perform balancing for front so 10RM

Then point out my front brakes pads left 20% so pass him my new brakes pads and labour was 20RM for each side.

Total spend was 215RM. About 70 SGD.

Now CarClick accept credit card already but got surcharge 3%, and they have build a new waiting room for customer.

Saw their office outside, they carry some aftermarket parts like Tien, D2c engineering works, etc.

Now they have the obd computer to help scan for error codes.
Is the big tablet kind. So seems like they have upgraded thier shop.

I still wondering why the valve cover so fast leak, he quoted me 300RM TO reseal valve cover timing and oil pan. But is 6 hours job.
Personally, the price is good. You won't get this price in sg.
Again some dude may suggest can get cheaper elsewhere for sure... Lets wait and see...
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #7161

hi guys, may I know where to go in JB for servicing / change parts for Honda Stream? thank you very much
LuckyGoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #7162
Master Member

hi guys, may I know where to go in JB for servicing / change parts for Honda Stream? thank you very much
1. Carclick - Popular here. Read the reviews too. Haven use before. Can find them on FB.

2. L-Ten Pro-
This one i always use. @ Permas Jaya. Not far away from this workshop have parts shop, i always buy there then go fix at the workshop. Sometime, i drove there to let the boss check first, the boss will tell me go buy parts and come in for him to fix. Like this save time, he can help source for parts but overall time will be longer. Appt is preferred.
There is a Aeon shopping mall which is 5mins walk away.
Ah Chen@ +6012-794-2588
23, Jalan Permas 9/9, Bandar Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor.

Spare Part shop nearby:
Hup Heng Auto Parts (Automotive Spare Parts)
No. 9, Jalan Permas 4/4, Taman Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-388 9682
mcferrari and LuckyGoHappy like this.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #7163

Get the OneXoX their SIM expiry abt 2.5 years, I replace it with a new number when expired. Cheap price too
uniquely_ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #7164

TPG is your best bet! Its free and usable. Using this using Whatsapp, Messenger, SPOTIFY, Google Maps, Waze but slow to use Netflix.
Old 30-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #7165

GREAT RECOMMENDATION!!
Good place and very GOOOOOD PRICE ya.....
Service also got standard too

I visit this shop yesterday, after I messed up my central lock while trying to DIY an additional gadget on my alarm and I accidentally done a wrong connection which haywire my remote lock and cant open my hood. I suspected I blown some of my fuse that is related to my lock unlock doors.

I know that KSL shops there like Ah Wee , is not recommended base on what I read from here and one time I tried to ask for some gadget installation and price skyrocket high thats why I know. But I read from here regarding RAMBO, so I just want to try as its the nearest from Woodlands.

And I find it workmanship, attitude and determination is good. It is recommended. I ask the name of the mechanic so next time I can ask him to install for me whatever I need to repair or install on my ride. The lady is the owner , but I dont her name. I talk to her also that i will post my experience in this website. Take note Im not related to this shop. I've visited previously, Carclick, Sheng Auto Accs, LCH Brothers based on the recommendation here. Its best to try different shops to know which one is worth to service and install on our rides. At least we have different alternatives . Enjoy and Safe Drive Bros.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #7166
Supremacy Member

I visit this shop yesterday, after I messed up my central lock while trying to DIY an additional gadget on my alarm and I accidentally done a wrong connection which haywire my remote lock and cant open my hood. I suspected I blown some of my fuse that is related to my lock unlock doors.

I know that KSL shops there like Ah Wee , is not recommended base on what I read from here and one time I tried to ask for some gadget installation and price skyrocket high thats why I know. But I read from here regarding RAMBO, so I just want to try as its the nearest from Woodlands.

And I find it workmanship, attitude and determination is good. It is recommended. I ask the name of the mechanic so next time I can ask him to install for me whatever I need to repair or install on my ride. The lady is the owner , but I dont her name. I talk to her also that i will post my experience in this website. Take note Im not related to this shop. I've visited previously, Carclick, Sheng Auto Accs, LCH Brothers based on the recommendation here. Its best to try different shops to know which one is worth to service and install on our rides. At least we have different alternatives . Enjoy and Safe Drive Bros.
I'm their regular customer. His supervisor is Ah Siong and their customer service is good. I did my car accessories installation and servicing there. Recommended for their after service.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #7167
High Supremacy Member

Much appreciated, getting one from direct seller who gotten it less than a month from AML due to relocation. Am sending to mechanic in SG for a check first and taking up add on warranty from elsewhere to cover engine and gearbox since will be using for part time grab. Engine oil seems a bit black.

Is there any price gauge for servicing? And sheng auto or car click for servicing? Got any other workshop? Thanks so much. Time to study..

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT
do part time grab better declare to insurance. high premium but will cover. if u nv declare u lang ga = policy not covered = own pocket = eat grass for months
Old 01-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #7168

1. Carclick - Popular here. Read the reviews too. Haven use before. Can find them on FB.

2. L-Ten Pro-
This one i always use. @ Permas Jaya. Not far away from this workshop have parts shop, i always buy there then go fix at the workshop. Sometime, i drove there to let the boss check first, the boss will tell me go buy parts and come in for him to fix. Like this save time, he can help source for parts but overall time will be longer. Appt is preferred.
There is a Aeon shopping mall which is 5mins walk away.
Ah Chen@ +6012-794-2588
23, Jalan Permas 9/9, Bandar Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor.

Spare Part shop nearby:
Hup Heng Auto Parts (Automotive Spare Parts)
No. 9, Jalan Permas 4/4, Taman Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-388 9682
thank you very much!
LuckyGoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #7169

do part time grab better declare to insurance. high premium but will cover. if u nv declare u lang ga = policy not covered = own pocket = eat grass for months
Noted on this. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT
logan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #7170

With all those parts replaced, your car is as good as having a completely new cooling system. But the problem of losing coolant still persist. Very very strange.

How much coolant is your car losing per week roughly?

Do you still see coolant on the floor or in your engine compartment, ie red or green fluid?

Have u checked the condition of your engine oil recently? Does it look murky?

Most experienced car mechs should be able to pinpoint n solve this type of problem using pressure kit or those uv dye kit.
Hi Koolaid, thanks for your reply.
Usually the coolant went from High to low level between 2-3 weeks. I have top up the expansion tank 3 days ago and inspect everyday so far no leakage.hopefully is just air trap.l

Carclick did check on the coolant and there was no milky compounds. However , I remember around 8 months ago, I have encounter numerous time of rusty coolant and have done radiator flushing twice but it just keep coming back. I have replaced my radiator just last week and so far no rust found. People in car click top up my coolant with only water and dye usually but still could not find the leakage.
hanabeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.