HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree464Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #7171
Arch-Supremacy Member

Head gasket leak? See if you have whitish exhaust fumes.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #7172

in regards to changing of new tyres, u guys normally change tyre in JB or SG?
any recommend tyre shop in JB or SG?

btw, if tyre thread still good, what is the lifespan of a tyre typically that you must change? 3yrs? or 5yrs?

Last edited by LuckyGoHappy; 01-10-2019 at 03:19 PM..
LuckyGoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #7173

Head gasket leak? See if you have whitish exhaust fumes.
I tried cold start my car . Initially when warming can see some faint white smoke , later on can see exhaust discharging drips of water. But after warm up no more occurrence. Should be normal
hanabeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:27 PM   #7174

17' and above do in SG, 3 yrs change

btw, if tyre thread still good, what is the lifespan of a tyre typically that you must change? 3yrs? or 5yrs?
LuckyGoHappy likes this.
chiusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #7175

For those people who are tending to repair Aircon and doing air-con services in Syarikat Fuji Car Cooler. The address is at 15, Jalan Perang, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, 80400, Johor Bahru, Johor, 80400, Malaysia

I have to write this as I saw many people review this aircon workshop and I myself had been overcharged so much by this shop. The price of this shop is even more expensive than Singapore.

My experience is that I brought my Mercedes E200 here on a Saturday morning to fix my air-con. My aircon had no wind for the past few days and I, really rush to fix it. The problem was found out by the shop's uncle which is told by him that my AC Blower was screwed. The uncle in this shop charged me 1500 RM for this AC Blower. I was rush to fix the AC and I somehow accept the price. The problem was fixed.

Later after coming back to Singapore, I asked my friend who selling mercedes-benz parts in Singapore for the quotation of the AC BLower and the price for OEM AC Blower is 185 SGD which a lot cheaper than the shop's uncle charged me. You guys can blame me for my stupidity that I did not ask my friend right-away after receiving the quotation from the uncle. I don't know why but I always tend to believe other people's recommendations and also the uncle in this shop seems to be nice

I have no problem with paying 1500 RM = 500 SGD if the price was right. Anw, at least my problem was fixed

I don't know why so many people give good advice for this shop. I was so disappointed with this shop, feel like being cheated when I was overcharged so much
Hi! Any recommendation to repair my c250 c204 coupe? Just cosmetics issues. Fromt bumper wracked..
Zhiyuan19981998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:16 AM   #7176

Hi all, my car when free gear not moving pedal gas, the engine got delay for a second, and when I let go the gas pedal, then engine also got delay (the rpm still up for a second before coming down).
So I wash the throttle body, pedal gas is a lot better with no delay, but let go gas pedal still the same has delay. Anyone know what’s wrong? (Just wanna know before I send to workshop to check) thanks
weelit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #7177

Hi all, my car when free gear not moving pedal gas, the engine got delay for a second, and when I let go the gas pedal, then engine also got delay (the rpm still up for a second before coming down).
So I wash the throttle body, pedal gas is a lot better with no delay, but let go gas pedal still the same has delay. Anyone know what’s wrong? (Just wanna know before I send to workshop to check) thanks
Go tighten your throttle cable at ws.
10mins job.
SuperSprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #7178

I tried cold start my car . Initially when warming can see some faint white smoke , later on can see exhaust discharging drips of water. But after warm up no more occurrence. Should be normal
Just an update . After 1 week of dryer , check my expansion tank and water level at low. Appreciate if you guys have any recommendation on workshop specialize in missing coolant.

Thanks in advanced
Old 05-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #7179

Just an update . After 1 week of dryer , check my expansion tank and water level at low. Appreciate if you guys have any recommendation on workshop specialize in missing coolant.

Thanks in advanced
Sorry I meaning driving
Old 05-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #7180

Thanks in advanced
Maybe u should join your car's fb or Whatsapp. They may know who can solve your problem effectively rather then randomly going to different workshop for different opinions.

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT
earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:00 AM   #7181

Thanks in advanced
Suzuki? Dropping coolant level is normal. Check the spare tank cap and rubber seal. I've changed the rubber seal and now coolant doesn't disappear that quickly.
TSmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:58 AM   #7182

1st time to JB

Hi all
some pals sent me this site.
read thro about 30 pages: got tired.
decided to just ask!

12 year old Honda just bought.
Suspect issues:
. Fan coil or A/C compressor
. Fuel pump
. Fly wheel
. front metal grill of honda car (mine is black: prefer shiny metal)
. some honda accessories

Going in a few days.
Appreciate if some bros cd give a few recommendations.

Thank you
winwater123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #7183

Suzuki? Dropping coolant level is normal. Check the spare tank cap and rubber seal. I've changed the rubber seal and now coolant doesn't disappear that quickly.
Thanks TSmonster, will replace the expansion tank as recommend.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #7184
Master Member

Using 15", got my Toyo TR1 from U Tyre. Price is reasonable.
LuckyGoHappy likes this.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #7185
Master Member

Hi all
some pals sent me this site.
read thro about 30 pages: got tired.
decided to just ask!

12 year old Honda just bought.
Suspect issues:
. Fan coil or A/C compressor
. Fuel pump
. Fly wheel
. front metal grill of honda car (mine is black: prefer shiny metal)
. some honda accessories

Going in a few days.
Appreciate if some bros cd give a few recommendations.

Thank you
Grill? Could be previous owner paid for plastidip. You can check if other owners want to do a 1-1 swap.

AC better let WS diagnose. Book an appt with Sheng Auto.

Fuel pump. What symptoms? You can bring to CarClick to diagnose.

Honda accessories... Best if you know what you want. If not, you can drop by Super Power @ Larkin to have a look. Park with Caution, you can kenna saman there.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.