HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 05:57 AM   #7201

U all go to ah yuan shop is it? Where is ah yuan shop or is there any other shop recommended? My car change throttle body from scrapyard cost me 1700 ringgit on top of the fact it didn't solve the issue of the problem

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT
marxism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #7202

Any undiscovered gems?
Apart from the usual ws, so far recently I have try 2 ws nearby Rambo ws area.
Visit them for simple jobs like change headlight bulbs and alignment.

Was unsure of this ws so did not want them to touch my engine bay much.

Try this ws call S&D Tyre and service near dato Sulaiman for balancing and alignment And change light bulbs. All labour as I bring own bulbs.

Text the boss told me this price, but reach there told me additional 15RM.
So told him I did WhatsApp before come, then his face change already and say okay stick to the price.

The boss tall fat guy skin head, he got 3 workers under him.
He help to change the bulbs, after change no test also weather got install properly before ask his workers take out tyres do balancing.

Then I check myself got one side not working ask his work redo.
Then while do balancing talk to his workers. Young chap just join 3 mths, another guy join 2 years.

After alignment, paid and drove off, alignment was not properly done.
Avoid at all cost this shop

Then next day went another shop toyo tires near to dlux car wash.
Before dlux u will see This shop.

Went for alignment , 45RM, boss did a proper job, and even test drive the car 2 times before pass me the key. This time round alignment was down correctly.

Boss was friendly and humble and also put back my window shades before pass me the key.

Will KIV this shop for future use.
SuperSprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #7203

Apart from the usual ws, so far recently I have try 2 ws nearby Rambo ws area.
Visit them for simple jobs like change headlight bulbs and alignment.

Was unsure of this ws so did not want them to touch my engine bay much.

Try this ws call S&D Tyre and service near dato Sulaiman for balancing and alignment And change light bulbs. All labour as I bring own bulbs.

Text the boss told me this price, but reach there told me additional 15RM.
So told him I did WhatsApp before come, then his face change already and say okay stick to the price.

The boss tall fat guy skin head, he got 3 workers under him.
He help to change the bulbs, after change no test also weather got install properly before ask his workers take out tyres do balancing.

Then I check myself got one side not working ask his work redo.
Then while do balancing talk to his workers. Young chap just join 3 mths, another guy join 2 years.

After alignment, paid and drove off, alignment was not properly done.
Avoid at all cost this shop

Then next day went another shop toyo tires near to dlux car wash.
Before dlux u will see This shop.

Went for alignment , 45RM, boss did a proper job, and even test drive the car 2 times before pass me the key. This time round alignment was down correctly.

Boss was friendly and humble and also put back my window shades before pass me the key.

Will KIV this shop for future use.
hi.. u have the shop name for tyre alignment.?
LuckyGoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #7204

hi.. u have the shop name for tyre alignment.?
Google map search

Toyo Tires

47, Jalan Serampang, Taman Sri Tebrau, 80050 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-333 3337
https://goo.gl/maps/Faya3TvRzfV74JsL6
LuckyGoHappy likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #7205
High Supremacy Member

Hi can anyone recommend aircon workshops in JB? My car has a leak behind the dashboard, probably the evaporator or near there.

was quoted sgd360 for labour to fix leak. total sgd500 if new evaporator. Is this normal pricing here in sinkieland? paiseh, 1st time noob in aircon problems...
Old 10-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #7206

Hi can anyone recommend aircon workshops in JB? My car has a leak behind the dashboard, probably the evaporator or near there.

was quoted sgd360 for labour to fix leak. total sgd500 if new evaporator. Is this normal pricing here in sinkieland? paiseh, 1st time noob in aircon problems...
Dashboard usually expensive cos need take out.
Can try ask for second opinion. Before repair.

I found another air con shop in JB. Lots of good review.
From google mostly sg cars go there.

They only do aircon and. Nothing else.
Can drop by.

Fresh Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
No. 13, Jalan Yahya Awal, Kampung Mahmoddiah, 80100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-207 2677
https://goo.gl/maps/Ag8RPBGmZSWvw1UG9
savoirex likes this.

Last edited by SuperSprint; 10-10-2019 at 05:37 PM..
Old 10-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #7207
High Supremacy Member

Dashboard usually expensive cos need take out.
Can try ask for second opinion. Before repair.

I found another air con shop in JB. Lots of good review.
From google mostly sg cars go there.

They only do aircon and. Nothing else.
Can drop by.

Fresh Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
No. 13, Jalan Yahya Awal, Kampung Mahmoddiah, 80100 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-207 2677
https://goo.gl/maps/Ag8RPBGmZSWvw1UG9
Thanks a lot. The workshop looks promising indeed. Concern about how long it takes to repair as I will not want to leave my car there overnight. I guess I will just have to reach there early in the morning...

regarding 2nd opinion, I went to mark cool and was quoted similarly $350 range. I was rather taken aback by the labour cost. was expecting max $200 but
Old 10-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #7208
Master Member

Thanks a lot. The workshop looks promising indeed. Concern about how long it takes to repair as I will not want to leave my car there overnight. I guess I will just have to reach there early in the morning...

regarding 2nd opinion, I went to mark cool and was quoted similarly $350 range. I was rather taken aback by the labour cost. was expecting max $200 but
Contact Yigo air conditioning at ubi. for price comparison. Search them on FB.
Yeah, big job if need change evaporator coil as almost all car makes, evaporator hide behind dash board.
savoirex likes this.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #7209
High Supremacy Member

Contact Yigo air conditioning at ubi. for price comparison. Search them on FB.
Yeah, big job if need change evaporator coil as almost all car makes, evaporator hide behind dash board.
wow their fb reviews are all really positive. Thanks for recommending. Will check w them 1st thing tmrw...
Old 10-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #7210

Just to share, I also had the same situation as you. My Honda Freed 2009 aircon got problem as it was not blowing cold anymore. So I send it to Sheng Auto Aircond & Accs shop in JB which is recommended here in this forum. They checked and suspected that cooling coil got problem. So they dismantled it and found out that theres leak on it, they put in some air and show me wheres the leak to confirm. Im satisfied on how they repaired my aircon. Cost is as follows. Denso Cooling Coil RM 580, Labour Charge RM 200, Gas 134A RM 40, Total: RM 820 = S$ 270. So you can decide where to repair your aircon in SG or JB?

savoirex likes this.
mcferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #7211
High Supremacy Member

Just to share, I also had the same situation as you. My Honda Freed 2009 aircon got problem as it was not blowing cold anymore. So I send it to Sheng Auto Aircond & Accs shop in JB which is recommended here in this forum. They checked and suspected that cooling coil got problem. So they dismantled it and found out that theres leak on it, they put in some air and show me wheres the leak to confirm. Im satisfied on how they repaired my aircon. Cost is as follows. Denso Cooling Coil RM 580, Labour Charge RM 200, Gas 134A RM 40, Total: RM 820 = S$ 270. So you can decide where to repair your aircon in SG or JB?
thanks so much for sharing...the stark difference in the labour cost is really astonishing i went to sheng auto recently too and it is really popular. but I did find that their pricing is gradually creeping up due to increased popularity...
Old 10-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #7212
Master Member

thanks so much for sharing...the stark difference in the labour cost is really astonishing i went to sheng auto recently too and it is really popular. but I did find that their pricing is gradually creeping up due to increased popularity...
Personally, as long is cheaper than repairing it in sg, i would still heads in JB to get it fixed. This is the primary objective.
Cheaper by how much is very subjective and let individual decide.

Everything is getting pricier in sg, likewise price would also creep up in the north.
savoirex likes this.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #7213
Arch-Supremacy Member

my driver side carmat is time for change after 3 years...

brand was "elephant" and it was a semi customize car mat from JB..cost around 250rm.

any shop or newer carmat to recommend?

funny is Msia dun even have 3M or 3A...
Old 12-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #7214
Great Supremacy Member

my driver side carmat is time for change after 3 years...

brand was "elephant" and it was a semi customize car mat from JB..cost around 250rm.

any shop or newer carmat to recommend?

funny is Msia dun even have 3M or 3A...
For me, car mat i just hoot cheap cheap from Mr DIY.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #7215
Arch-Supremacy Member

For me, car mat i just hoot cheap cheap from Mr DIY.
ya..I saw that for like 50RM...but dunno if it will fit my car...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.