HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #7216

https://imgur.com/gallery/8huboPg

Hi there, would like to seek recommendations for repair/replacement of my Mazda 3 aircon plastic. As per the attached photos, the plastic part of the aircon vent is somewhat messed up. The swirls are hard and can’t seem to be scratched/removed. Thanks in advance!
xGaikoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #7217

my driver side carmat is time for change after 3 years...

brand was "elephant" and it was a semi customize car mat from JB..cost around 250rm.

any shop or newer carmat to recommend?

funny is Msia dun even have 3M or 3A...
Just buy from Carousell , 30-40 dollars and exact fit.

Got different thickness also.
SuperSprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #7218
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don’t have my car model else I wouldn’t have gotten 3m liao. Have to look for those semi customized one.
ekardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #7219

Don’t have my car model else I wouldn’t have gotten 3m liao. Have to look for those semi customized one.
What model.

Maserati ah ?
Old 15-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #7220

for those driving honda shuttle, do jb workshop have its spare parts, do u guys service there? dont think msia have shuttle right?
Old 15-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #7221
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shuttle is = Jazz/Fit doing squats with the butt protruding at maximum. I believe the internals are the same.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #7222
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which workshop good for troubleshooting engine issues?
stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #7223

https://imgur.com/gallery/8huboPg

Hi there, would like to seek recommendations for repair/replacement of my Mazda 3 aircon plastic. As per the attached photos, the plastic part of the aircon vent is somewhat messed up. The swirls are hard and can’t seem to be scratched/removed. Thanks in advance!
Sand down and respray or wrap. Looks like those air refreshener spilt damaged..
weeza77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #7224

search trapo mats on carousell. on the same set since 2 years back. easy to clean and maintain. abit ex though. but no regrets for me.
Supersen likes this.
heroblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #7225

Has anyone change ac magnetic clutch before? Would like to know the estimated cost for replacing magnetic clutch. Both in sg and bolehland.
Dxlim12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #7226

Has anyone change ac magnetic clutch before? Would like to know the estimated cost for replacing magnetic clutch. Both in sg and bolehland.
Now hardly people change that part already. Usually change full compressor.

Better
Old 17-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #7227

Hi guys, noticed Hawk tayar seems to be the go to place for tyres for most people here.

Just wanted to seek your opinion on a suzuki swift with about 1year plus COE left, rear tyres require replacing. Not intending to renew COE.

Should I just change to a second hand 15" tyre in SG or would the prices at Hawk tayar still be more worth it? And if Hawk tayar is the more cost effective option, whats the ball park price for a pair of 15" tyres at Hawk tayar?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob here.
mokkie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #7228
Arch-Supremacy Member

Personally, if it was me, 1 year+ left and since I don't drive 0-100 in 5 seconds, I would just look for 2nd hand tyres on Carousell.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #7229
Master Member

Hi guys, noticed Hawk tayar seems to be the go to place for tyres for most people here.

Just wanted to seek your opinion on a suzuki swift with about 1year plus COE left, rear tyres require replacing. Not intending to renew COE.

Should I just change to a second hand 15" tyre in SG or would the prices at Hawk tayar still be more worth it? And if Hawk tayar is the more cost effective option, whats the ball park price for a pair of 15" tyres at Hawk tayar?

My opinion is to go for 2nd hand. I’d look out for the following

1) make sure tyres are still kinda “fresh” in terms of manufacturing date and also there are sufficient depth to last for 1 year.
2) what is the kind of front tyres u r using. Try to find matching kind. For example if front tyres r sports tyres but back tyres r comfort tyres, it won’t gel well.

Once you use different tyres, you will need to be aware of the limitations. Hence always follow the 2 second rule and avoid cornering hard especially on rainy days.
Tyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #7230
Master Member

I could head for a safer side, go for new ones rather than 2nd hand. 15" type would cost you not more than $300/4pcs.
First you have to firm up the brand and budget.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.