HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree446Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #7231
Arch-Supremacy Member

search trapo mats on carousell. on the same set since 2 years back. easy to clean and maintain. abit ex though. but no regrets for me.
also dun have my car model..and have to go melaka to custom make or pay $50 in sg for customization...give up..
Old 19-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #7232

also dun have my car model..and have to go melaka to custom make or pay $50 in sg for customization...give up..
I did mine last year for about rm800. Front, rear and trunk. Fully custom made. The sides of the mat are raised, makes it easier to maintain. The bottom has some anti slip material.

I believe it could be slightly cheaper for sedan. Google ottoman n check with them. Their factory is somewhere near bt indah area.

Only problem is the wait time. Roughly 2 to 3 weeks if I remember correctly.
ekardo likes this.
aspenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #7233

Angry

I visit this shop yesterday, after I messed up my central lock while trying to DIY an additional gadget on my alarm and I accidentally done a wrong connection which haywire my remote lock and cant open my hood. I suspected I blown some of my fuse that is related to my lock unlock doors.

I know that KSL shops there like Ah Wee , is not recommended base on what I read from here and one time I tried to ask for some gadget installation and price skyrocket high thats why I know. But I read from here regarding RAMBO, so I just want to try as its the nearest from Woodlands.

And I find it workmanship, attitude and determination is good. It is recommended. I ask the name of the mechanic so next time I can ask him to install for me whatever I need to repair or install on my ride. The lady is the owner , but I dont her name. I talk to her also that i will post my experience in this website. Take note Im not related to this shop. I've visited previously, Carclick, Sheng Auto Accs, LCH Brothers based on the recommendation here. Its best to try different shops to know which one is worth to service and install on our rides. At least we have different alternatives . Enjoy and Safe Drive Bros.
I just want to do a follow update regarding my experience in engaging the service of this shop RAMBO Car Aircond & Accessories. After I messed up my remote lock/unlock system, I've waited for my another online gadget that cost S$20 from Aliexpress to arrive and I come back last Saturday to install it at Rambo at JB , I need to wait for around 45mins to install my newly bought gadget i.e. keyless system. Then the technician ask me what to install so I showed it to them with 2 relays that need to be installed also to convert from positive to negative using the relay. In short it was installed after 30 minutes. So I tested it and it works as what I expected basically. I didn't asked how much it will cost me to install it. Then I asked how much is the charge? I was surprised when the boss tell me RM50, I asked for my wife RM100 just in case before she go for shopping at KSL. I know its quite complicated especially installing with a relay, anyway I brought my own relay (2 pcs). What I mean is that they really give a reasonable pricing on their services. I think they are fair even you are from Singapore or local JB resident. As for this S$ 20.00 gadget , I ask quotation from Sheng Auto Aircon & Accs. they quote me RM250 vs RM 50 from RAMBO. I know from the quotation its not worth installing if from SHENG Auto. From a gadget that is worth S$20 install it at RM 250 is not worth right.
Old 21-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #7234
Supremacy Member

I just want to do a follow update regarding my experience in engaging the service of this shop RAMBO Car Aircond & Accessories. After I messed up my remote lock/unlock system, I've waited for my another online gadget that cost S$20 from Aliexpress to arrive and I come back last Saturday to install it at Rambo at JB , I need to wait for around 45mins to install my newly bought gadget i.e. keyless system. Then the technician ask me what to install so I showed it to them with 2 relays that need to be installed also to convert from positive to negative using the relay. In short it was installed after 30 minutes. So I tested it and it works as what I expected basically. I didn't asked how much it will cost me to install it. Then I asked how much is the charge? I was surprised when the boss tell me RM50, I asked for my wife RM100 just in case before she go for shopping at KSL. I know its quite complicated especially installing with a relay, anyway I brought my own relay (2 pcs). What I mean is that they really give a reasonable pricing on their services. I think they are fair even you are from Singapore or local JB resident. As for this S$ 20.00 gadget , I ask quotation from Sheng Auto Aircon & Accs. they quote me RM250 vs RM 50 from RAMBO. I know from the quotation its not worth installing if from SHENG Auto. From a gadget that is worth S$20 install it at RM 250 is not worth right.
Yes they are good and price reasonable. I did all my installations there. I'm a regular there, bought my own gadget and installed there. The boss charged me only 30MYR as I'm a regular customer there.
Old 21-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #7235
Great Supremacy Member

Yes they are good and price reasonable. I did all my installations there. I'm a regular there, bought my own gadget and installed there. The boss charged me only 30MYR as I'm a regular customer there.
Orh that shop. I did EO change there once when i was lazy to go to Ah Yuan.

I still remember their boss will inspect your car before returning it back to you.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #7236

Did oil and coolant change at lch Bros today
Labour rm50, brought own oil
Spark plug rm 240 for 4 Denso iridium for Toyota from Indonesia
ATF oil change rm 140 (they supply)

All in fair price I think. Any comments ?
zizou18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #7237
Supremacy Member

Labour for oil change $20 in sg.
Spark plug iridium denso $10 each in sg. Labour $20 to change 4.
ATF $50 labour. If with fluid $100.
Sammychan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #7238
Supremacy Member

not much saving and if you drive jap/korea car, just go for singapore workshop change their house pour with oil filter for 38-48 is cheaper. spark plug for normal jap/kor car should be maybe 5-10 bucks per plug.

seems like labour for changing oil in jb is not cheap anymore
xiaozhi86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #7239
Supremacy Member

not much saving and if you drive jap/korea car, just go for singapore workshop change their house pour with oil filter for 38-48 is cheaper. spark plug for normal jap/kor car should be maybe 5-10 bucks per plug.

seems like labour for changing oil in jb is not cheap anymore
Definitely can save alot if one just throw car to workshop type in singapore. But if one already buy this buy that ownself then the labour is already very small cost...

Plus..those workshop you guys mentioned....are actually double charge you guys...i saw a few of the prices mentioned...they already treated you sinkies like caishenye then you all kept promoting them lol. The rambo and another shop...famous for ketok sinkies...

There are cheap workshops..but unknown ones....just randomly walk into one those kind..for eg...aircon topup gas...rm20...wheel alignment..rm20...all wheels balancing ...rm20.....these shops you guys go are already charging you guys in the region of something like rm50.
Old 23-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #7240
Supremacy Member

Hi can anyone recommend aircon workshops in JB? My car has a leak behind the dashboard, probably the evaporator or near there.

was quoted sgd360 for labour to fix leak. total sgd500 if new evaporator. Is this normal pricing here in sinkieland? paiseh, 1st time noob in aircon problems...
New one i can do for $360. Come my workshop. Lol
Old 23-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #7241
Master Member

Stream RN6 just did change both front brake disc and brake pad and EO at JB. Local quote me OEM parts and labour s$460 nett include EO and filter.

I got know a fren who did in JB then he hook up me with this WS 8mins drive from custom. Bring in my own EO and did all the above at rm500 nett all in! Very good workmanship and many cars queue up for them to service. Luckily I was the first one and pre-order the parts.

Last edited by gentoro; 23-10-2019 at 04:41 PM..
gentoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #7242
Supremacy Member

Stream RN6 just did change both front brake disc and brake pad and EO at JB. Local quote me OEM parts and labour s$460 nett include EO and filter.

I got know a fren who did in JB then he hook up me with this WS 8mins drive from custom. Bring in my own EO and did all the above at rm500 nett all in! Very good workmanship and many cars queue up for them to service. Luckily I was the first one and pre-order the parts.
Your post is not clear...did you bring in all parts?

Front disc oem around $120 a pair. Front oem brakepad around $50 for a pair.
Labour is around $50 for both side.
Engine oil change is $20.
This is what one can do in sg.
Old 23-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #7243
Supremacy Member

Your post is not clear...did you bring in all parts?

Front disc oem around $120 a pair. Front oem brakepad around $50 for a pair.
Labour is around $50 for both side.
Engine oil change is $20.
This is what one can do in sg.
One advice..brakepad...better go for original or ceramic. The cheap ones..usually have metal fragment inside...noisy...dusty...
Old 24-10-2019, 08:50 AM   #7244
Supremacy Member

One advice..brakepad...better go for original or ceramic. The cheap ones..usually have metal fragment inside...noisy...dusty...
@Sammychan.. Check PM please..
messi1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 09:56 PM   #7245
Master Member

You own shop? Free marketing here... lolz.. ooops
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.