HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree451Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #7411
Banned

And in addition, my bearing was spoilt and he claimed that had no issue at all but the sound was so obvious that it’s spoilt and he refused to change as he deem that it’s perfectly fine, proceeding to change shock absorbers which is refund so end up the third workshop I went also have to replace the bearings. But now when going through hump there’s still sound, might be like what you’ve said, the lower arm bar
What sound? Usually if bearing spoil..very easy to check..jack up and turn the wheel using hand...the side spoilt will have a grinding noise.

Anyway all these issues...is part and parcel. Its shark infested water when you are looking for someone to fix your issues randomly(without knowing them). All out to suck your blood. Very few would want to help you to troubleshoot(since you may just be using them to find out more and walk away to elsewhere for repair). So it is up to you...to up your game...play it smarter...wiser...or pay school fees.
Sammychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #7412
Banned

My car just hit 4 years old. But question is that the shock absorbers is not relevant to the sound issue so I don’t think there’s a need to change unless. My primary concern are the sound that coming out from the rear right undercarriage
Need or not is subjective. Some drive until spoil then change. Some drive until totally cannot move then change. Some can drive means ok. Some got noise also cannot.

For me as someone in the industry..i look at time the part has been in used. I will never let a part gone to worst state. Maintenance is crucial. Fix early and you save other things. Just for eg..servicing..is it necessary to service often? Keep to schedule? Use good oil? Etc..the answer is...your decisions to all those...determines the condition and lifespan of your engine. Keep it well..spend a bit more for better oil...it runs forever....cheapo...use lousy oil...8 yrs..here leak there leak..soon top overhaul needed..

For parts..all have lifespan....for eg.. fuel filter...every yr once...atf every 80k...shocks can last between 4 to 7 yrs...sparkplugs..40k...ignition coil..100k..problem is if u don fix...still can drive...it will just take its toll one day.....
Old 06-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #7413

What sound? Usually if bearing spoil..very easy to check..jack up and turn the wheel using hand...the side spoilt will have a grinding noise.

Anyway all these issues...is part and parcel. Its shark infested water when you are looking for someone to fix your issues randomly(without knowing them). All out to suck your blood. Very few would want to help you to troubleshoot(since you may just be using them to find out more and walk away to elsewhere for repair). So it is up to you...to up your game...play it smarter...wiser...or pay school fees.
When going on expressway the sound is pretty obvious like buzzer sound. Yup itís like adverse selection when we do not have knowledge on issue like these as we're not repairer and going to a few workshops all claiming different stuffs so end up you donít know which to trust and youíll have to chose one and see if youíre lucky
Johnny0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #7414

Need or not is subjective. Some drive until spoil then change. Some drive until totally cannot move then change. Some can drive means ok. Some got noise also cannot.

For me as someone in the industry..i look at time the part has been in used. I will never let a part gone to worst state. Maintenance is crucial. Fix early and you save other things. Just for eg..servicing..is it necessary to service often? Keep to schedule? Use good oil? Etc..the answer is...your decisions to all those...determines the condition and lifespan of your engine. Keep it well..spend a bit more for better oil...it runs forever....cheapo...use lousy oil...8 yrs..here leak there leak..soon top overhaul needed..

For parts..all have lifespan....for eg.. fuel filter...every yr once...atf every 80k...shocks can last between 4 to 7 yrs...sparkplugs..40k...ignition coil..100k..problem is if u don fix...still can drive...it will just take its toll one day.....
I always change my parts earlier and did my servicing regularly. Did not save on stuffs like these but Iíve already mentioned as above that my primary issue is the cause of the sound, not something unrelated to the sound as that can be done afterwards as I donít think thereís anything wrong with the shock absorbers as I will feel if itís deteriorating during the daily drive
Johnny0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #7415
Banned

When going on expressway the sound is pretty obvious like buzzer sound. Yup it’s like adverse selection when we do not have knowledge on issue like these as we're not repairer and going to a few workshops all claiming different stuffs so end up you don’t know which to trust and you’ll have to chose one and see if you’re lucky
If it is very obvious then no need worry...many workshop will be happy to perform the change for u lol. The type of symptoms we most scared are customer tell us yet cannot demonstrate to us...intermittent symptoms.

Like i say..you sounded innocent. It is all part and parcel. Just like if you are sick...you go to 10 doctors..all will give you different opinion.

Or..if you invite 10 food expert to sit down for a 10 course meal...all will tell you different dish is nice..because their tastebud is different.

For car repair here..main thing is the culture. There is no culture of charging for diagnostic here so very few people are trained to fix it as cheaply as possible. For eg..many things actually..just the bushes(rubber) spoilt..but there is no culture here to just swap the bushes...bushes only $3...how to make? Also take into consideration..labour...say steering bushes..need to dismantle entire bottom to access...labour will be pricey....paying $200 labour for a $3..is really not economical in the long run..next time..tie rod end spoil how?...pay another $200 for tie rod end fix? In the long run labour cost will very quickly outrun the cost of....just replacing the entire steering rack..which can last for a long time.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #7416
Banned

I always change my parts earlier and did my servicing regularly. Did not save on stuffs like these but I’ve already mentioned as above that my primary issue is the cause of the sound, not something unrelated to the sound as that can be done afterwards as I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the shock absorbers as I will feel if it’s deteriorating during the daily drive
I know. But since changed..just take it as a small school fee paid...and also 4 yrs..abt time for shocks replacement. That is the positive side of things. You didnt really waste your money.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #7417
Arch-Supremacy Member

wait...autobacs opp ikea?? oh in Malaysia! Haha
lol yeah. thats the real authentic autobacs.
the fake one is in taman sentosa there
Old 09-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #7418
High Supremacy Member

How much for mid-range 15" tyres in JB? Was quoted $90- $110 in Sin. Some yrs back it was $70 in Sin and (around S$55 in JB), prices have jumped?
matrix05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:15 PM   #7419
Master Member

Better you ask specific brand.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #7420

For those who drive to JB or furthur up north quite often, do u have any emergency contact when vehicle breakdown or accident etc? Can share these contacts?
Thanks in advance
Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #7421
Master Member

For those who drive to JB or furthur up north quite often, do u have any emergency contact when vehicle breakdown or accident etc? Can share these contacts?
Thanks in advance
Consider sign up with Yellow Ranger Singapore. Find them in FB.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #7422
Master Member

Any JB workshop to recommend for Sienta Hybrid servicing? Thanks!
xavier_xw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #7423
Master Member

Any JB workshop to recommend for Sienta Hybrid servicing? Thanks!
Normal EO and filter change, any workshop can do in JB.
If wana touch the hybrid batteries, i have yet to come across one in JB.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #7424
Arch-Supremacy Member

Please guys, do take note of these, Carclick garage is overrated and services is very very poor and lousy. If you guys are going for a normal servicing bring your own EO and filters itís definitely worth it. Other wise please do not go there, gentle reminder to all. I think really overrated when last week I went to check the knocking sound came from my rear undercarriage, yuan claimed that sound came from absorbers and replace the rear 2 after which the sound is even louder and he say was because the absorbers was new and the rubber was old. So I did not respond to it and after a few days went to another workshop to check and the sound actually came from exhaust pipes because it was loosen. And also thereís something very wrong with the alignment. At the r the alignment my steering wheel tend to tilt to the left side when going straight road. Do your own due diligence before heading there

Ah Yuan is black face even since he is at LCH. maybe not black face, but should say straight face.

their biz good, also is another factor they will tend to be more impatient.
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #7425
Master Member

Can recommend coating? Did mine in SG last year... Seems like wear off already

Sent from My CPF Account using GAGT
Seah.tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.