HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree464Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #7501
Master Member

Ehh check with you all arh. My car EO already due for 10km servicing but 3 more weeks gonna sell car.

Possible to tahan right?
Just get it changed lor. It won't cost you a leg/arm dude. lolz
Mine was over due gao gao i also haven changed.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #7502
Arch-Supremacy Member

No need to change lah, 3 weeks only.
YorYor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #7503
Banned

Ehh check with you all arh. My car EO already due for 10km servicing but 3 more weeks gonna sell car.

Possible to tahan right?
If buyer ask then change. If not you are wasting your money. On a side note, all car buyers...please request for a foc engine oil change regardless of whether it is due because it cost them very little. (Lets hope your buyer is not reading this)
Sammychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:12 PM   #7504
Banned

Try Auto Champion Star - have been using them for several years now - the boss is Ling and he's honest and reliable - prices very reasonable so much so i've never had to bargain. Highly Recommended. Great mechanics too!!

If you don't have the parts, he is able to get most parts from stockist in JB. I normally bring my own engine oil purchased from Giant [Shell Helix].

Whilst servicing, go get a Grab car and go to the mall to shop and eat.

Auto Champion Star
No 2 Jalan Titiwangsa 4
Taman Tampoi Indah, 81200

HP: 012-711 3758
Not advisable to leave your car out of your sight especially in Johor. In Singapore I wont even advise you to. Especially if you have a couple of major things to do. Stay around to make sure bad parts/components get swapped for brand new parts. Just saying. Up to you to heed my advice.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #7505

Other than bts spray workshop, any other spray workshop to recommend in JB or SG?
funky05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:09 PM   #7506
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not advisable to leave your car out of your sight especially in Johor. In Singapore I wont even advise you to. Especially if you have a couple of major things to do. Stay around to make sure bad parts/components get swapped for brand new parts. Just saying. Up to you to heed my advice.
If repair job need a few days how?
stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #7507
Master Member

I suppose in this case, your ride is with your trusted workshop. Make sure at the end of the day, your ride is inside the workshop not parked outside.

Take all your valuables with you. End of the day, you must be comfortable.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #7508
Master Member

You experienced this? Then better change workshop liao. Or you heresay de... lolz

So far the workshop i been using these few years come clean and honest. Almost all parts i buy and bring there.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:26 AM   #7509
Banned

You experienced this? Then better change workshop liao. Or you heresay de... lolz

So far the workshop i been using these few years come clean and honest. Almost all parts i buy and bring there.
I am in the industry. I am just giving advice to avoid Murphy's Law for consumer like you. Clean and honest because you are not there to witness everything and you assumed it as you expected.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:29 AM   #7510
Banned

Then you can find another workshop. What kind of repair work? There is nothing my workshop can't do it in a day. Of course my workers would dilly dally at times because they don't get paid more for doing faster yo. If anything they will have more things to do if they do faster. If i am at the workshop my priority will be to clear the queue asap.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:33 AM   #7511
Banned

I suppose in this case, your ride is with your trusted workshop. Make sure at the end of the day, your ride is inside the workshop not parked outside.

Take all your valuables with you. End of the day, you must be comfortable.
It is not so much about the valuables but workers being human, will cut corners if they can. No big deal about it. Some workshop can also swap brand new parts you brought in for used parts they have. There are just too many stories. For simple work its ok but if you are going to have any major work done..definitely good to hang around and see for yourself the bad parts are out..and new parts in.
myviowner likes this.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #7512
Master Member

I am in the industry. I am just giving advice to avoid Murphy's Law for consumer like you. Clean and honest because you are not there to witness everything and you assumed it as you expected.
Thanks.
Yes, i agreed that there are black sheep in every trade. This is business, we can't 100% stop that.

I went thru alot of time counter checks between each workshops before i can pass my keys to them and left the workshop.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:15 AM   #7513
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thus I like the workshops to work on my car while I watch. I have some basic knowledge about cars. So it helps.

Thanks.
Yes, i agreed that there are black sheep in every trade. This is business, we can't 100% stop that.

I went thru alot of time counter checks between each workshops before i can pass my keys to them and left the workshop.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #7514
Banned

Thanks.

If the owner is your father or your sister's husband then good.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #7515
Master Member

If the owner is your father or your sister's husband then good.
Bo bianz... non of them in this trade.
Have to built up good relation and trust with them all these years.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.