HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree463Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2020, 08:46 PM   #7531
Banned

Just to share, my 11 year old Stream typically averaged 9+km/l with about 30% regular and 70% highway (by distance) when I got it less than 2 years ago. I changed my O2 and MAF sensors about 2 months ago, and now am better off by about 10-15% over the last few refills. No faulty lights doesn't mean they are performing optimally though.
Ya...a couple of hundreds things may still work but not good...sometimes symptoms show up but it is a combination of many many issues..so difficult to catch...old cars can have really high cost of upkeep. For those who don want all the hassle..best is to go for cars under 7 yrs old. After the 7th yr..it can be nightmarish.
Sammychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #7532

Anyone have any workshops to recommend for checking fuel issues? my car’s fuel consumption is very bad. I have replaced igniter, fuel injectors, cleaned converter and spark plugs still the same.

Any workshops able to check if my MAF sensors/ ECU faulty? No faulty light though

U driving civic ?
funky05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:04 AM   #7533
Great Supremacy Member

Bo chia liao.

My daddy say give me budget $50k, ownself go get 1 2nd hand car and learn how to maintain. After that all is I pay liao.
x3dnd3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #7534
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to share, my 11 year old Stream typically averaged 9+km/l with about 30% regular and 70% highway (by distance) when I got it less than 2 years ago. I changed my O2 and MAF sensors about 2 months ago, and now am better off by about 10-15% over the last few refills. No faulty lights doesn't mean they are performing optimally though.
Ok, will check sensors. Thanks for sharing!
stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #7535
Arch-Supremacy Member

what car you driving and the ratio of city:expressway?
Maybe around 50/50 cause I travel around to sites. Some different routes daily
Old 11-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #7536
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is your ride? How low is low? You must had spent a fortune for such a simple symptom. Looks like you have one that is not easy to catch.

Have you changed fuel filter? Fuel pump? Check fuel line? Sensors there are many...but affect consumption..i am not sure if it will directly...any other symptoms? You can try oxygen sensor. There are 2. One below at the cat, another in engine bay. Other sensors are..Airflow sensor..camshaft sensor...control valve sensor..but i really doubt is sensors. Does your engine eat oil? Any workshop recommended u got top overhaul? Did u go for test to check pressure of each individual piston? Do u maintain your gearbox? Got change filter of atf? If there are no fault shown on your dash..it wont show up on our diagnostic also.
My drive only 5-6km per L. I saw online usually for my car should be 10-12km per L. I am like only half.. 300km plus with 53L petrol for 2L car.

That time workshop checked have misfire. Replaced spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors. Last service need a gear box oil replacement.

I also washed my cat converter, very dirty I suspect engine running too lean.

Got slight jerking when idle sometime at traffic light. Vibration when stationary and D, but normal at N. Replaced engine mounting still the same.

Last edited by stam; 11-02-2020 at 06:31 PM..
Old 11-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #7537
Arch-Supremacy Member

U driving civic ?
no, I driving Discovery sport 2L
Old 11-02-2020, 07:17 PM   #7538

My drive only 5-6km per L. I saw online usually for my car should be 10-12km per L. I am like only half.. 300km plus with 53L petrol for 2L car.

That time workshop checked have misfire. Replaced spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors. Last service need a gear box oil replacement.

Got slight jerking when idle sometime at traffic light. Vibration when stationary and D, but normal at N. Replaced engine mounting still the same.

Leaking fuel tank?

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT
earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:26 PM   #7539
Arch-Supremacy Member

Leaking fuel tank?

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT
I Nv notice any petrol leaking on the floor after parking
Old 11-02-2020, 11:10 PM   #7540

Hi guys, bought a renew coe Toyota Allion, any recommended WS for checking and changing like Engine oil and stuff? Kinda noob about car only know change engine oil is needed and does ws in jb does Allion? From what I know they don’t have Allion in Malaysia.
I was a noob too and have learnt lots from the sharing here. Engine oil servicing is fairly basic, I got mine done for under $60. You can search a few pages back for some discussion on that. Otherwise, you can also purchase cheap shell engine oil at Giant for $30 and head over to jb for a ~RM25 oil change.
Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:55 AM   #7541
Banned

Very low. Major issue. At first glance i would say your gearbox is going. Misfire usually will change spark plugs first because it is cheapest($40 if you buy yourself), ignition coil is usually the issue though...good workshop will test each individual coil to see which one gone and change just that one. Lazy/greedy workshop change all one short without testing. Injectors actually rarely spoil, just need to clean using ultrasonic method.

May i ask how do you wash your cat? Usually cat at this age is gone...if clearing carbon just need to run NSH. The other area u can clean for carbon is throttlebody.

Jerk at idle is gearbox issue. That i would say also is the cause for vibration at D. Engine mounting usually vibrates thru steering.

What is your rpm? If rpm is low or inconsistent..then it has nothing to do with mounting..but engine. Does your engine run rough? Touch the seats at stationary..do you feel slight vibration?
Old 12-02-2020, 02:57 AM   #7542
Banned

I was a noob too and have learnt lots from the sharing here. Engine oil servicing is fairly basic, I got mine done for under $60. You can search a few pages back for some discussion on that. Otherwise, you can also purchase cheap shell engine oil at Giant for $30 and head over to jb for a ~RM25 oil change.
No need so troublesome go until jb change engine oil....many workshop in singapore will gladfully charge labour for you at $20..$30 with filter.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:45 AM   #7543
Arch-Supremacy Member

How old and what mileage?

no, I driving Discovery sport 2L
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:15 PM   #7544
Arch-Supremacy Member

How old and what mileage?
4th year 65k mileage
Old 12-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #7545
Arch-Supremacy Member

Very low. Major issue. At first glance i would say your gearbox is going. Misfire usually will change spark plugs first because it is cheapest($40 if you buy yourself), ignition coil is usually the issue though...good workshop will test each individual coil to see which one gone and change just that one. Lazy/greedy workshop change all one short without testing. Injectors actually rarely spoil, just need to clean using ultrasonic method.

May i ask how do you wash your cat? Usually cat at this age is gone...if clearing carbon just need to run NSH. The other area u can clean for carbon is throttlebody.

Jerk at idle is gearbox issue. That i would say also is the cause for vibration at D. Engine mounting usually vibrates thru steering.

What is your rpm? If rpm is low or inconsistent..then it has nothing to do with mounting..but engine. Does your engine run rough? Touch the seats at stationary..do you feel slight vibration?
Bro, drop you a PM. Thanks.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.