HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree464Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2020, 09:52 PM   #7636

Hi All,
Can anyone care to share any honest workshop that familiar with Korean Cars?
Mine is Hyundai Avante. Year 2011.
Left 11mths to go. But, high chance might renew Coe.
Thus, thing of changing all suspensions. And my rear power windows not working well. Sld be faulty already.
Will be staying over ag KSL for a weekend next week etc.
thurs, thinking of doing it in JB If can save a lot.
Hope for some sincere advises and recommendations.
Thanks a lot.
FYI, i renew my coe too for Avante and bought shock absorber, shock mounting, bushing, stabilizer links & dust cover for front & rear to replace in the north. Please note, only the rear stabilizer link needs replacement after 90,000+ km for me. Surprisingly, all the rest dun need replacement yet! Also, try swapping your big suspension springs, swap left with right side at the same time.
Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #7637
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which workshop did you go to?

FYI, i renew my coe too for Avante and bought shock absorber, shock mounting, bushing, stabilizer links & dust cover for front & rear to replace in the north. Please note, only the rear stabilizer link needs replacement after 90,000+ km for me. Surprisingly, all the rest dun need replacement yet! Also, try swapping your big suspension springs, swap left with right side at the same time.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:17 AM   #7638

Wow.
Thanks for sharing.
Yes. Care to share which workshop n how much? And also the down time they took etc?
Thanks!
Gerald1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #7639

Wow.
Thanks for sharing.
Yes. Care to share which workshop n how much? And also the down time they took etc?
Thanks!
So suggest u check your parts first before replacement. Maybe some are still good. Get a mechanic or go YouTube learn how to check

Now can only remember it's in Jalan Seroja area, dun have exact address. I replaced the rear shock system first then the front, each time about 100rm labor and takes less than half a day so total like 200rm plus. Go ask around workshops in Dedap, Seroja, Rosmerah areas and avoid those too near the custom. If they quote u around that price, can liao.

Last edited by Catboy; 03-03-2020 at 10:26 AM..
Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:45 PM   #7640

Hi, does anyone know which workshops in JB specializes in Mazda cars servicing? TIA
Old 03-03-2020, 10:11 PM   #7641
Master Member

Hi, does anyone know which workshops in JB specializes in Mazda cars servicing? TIA

If you are asking for normal EO and filter replacement, almost all shops can deal with it.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:21 PM   #7642

it's not just changing EO and that's it, there's a list of other stuffs to check for every 10k servicing, like change a/c filter, check coolant, check suspension etc.

Going back Mazda TEK for these is too ex nowadays, just want to know other alternatives out there.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:27 PM   #7643
Master Member

If you had that expectation that workshops in the north follows what is practicing here in sg, then personally i suggest you visit sg workshop instead.

Over in the north, they would conduct the usual points checks (lubricant checks, air filter removed and air blow and under carriage.) Then perform road test. They don't have a check list on clicp board while going around checking the ride.
If you read couple of comments posted earlier, you would know how workshops in the north carry out their job.
Got leak/ faulty then change. Anything related to safety, change. Can tahan till next servicing, then change on next servicing.

Last edited by myviowner; 04-03-2020 at 09:36 AM..
Old 04-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #7644

So suggest u check your parts first before replacement. Maybe some are still good. Get a mechanic or go YouTube learn how to check

Now can only remember it's in Jalan Seroja area, dun have exact address. I replaced the rear shock system first then the front, each time about 100rm labor and takes less than half a day so total like 200rm plus. Go ask around workshops in Dedap, Seroja, Rosmerah areas and avoid those too near the custom. If they quote u around that price, can liao.
Ok thanks.
Gerald1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:04 PM   #7645

any recommended workshop that does normal servicing and spray paint server? need to respray front bumper.. quoted 100+ to spray half and 300+ for full in sg
RayOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #7646
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just go Hup Seng at Sin Ming. Old uncle very reasonable.

any recommended workshop that does normal servicing and spray paint server? need to respray front bumper.. quoted 100+ to spray half and 300+ for full in sg
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:21 PM   #7647

thanks for sharing bro.

i recently bought a 2009 avante, want to install reverse cam, and android player to replace the Pioneer player.

Any recommendation? any recommendation in JB that also sell these so one shot can settle?
myviowner likes this.
dps_code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #7648
Master Member

thanks for sharing bro.

i recently bought a 2009 avante, want to install reverse cam, and android player to replace the Pioneer player.

Any recommendation? any recommendation in JB that also sell these so one shot can settle?
Sheng Auto, is popular in this thread. Find them in FB. Contact Jackson @ +60167035250, about your intention and ask him for a quote.
Make a booking before go down.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #7649

awesome, will do that now. thank you!
dps_code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #7650
Master Member

Read thru earlier posts. There are few alternatives mentioned. For me, i still stick to Sheng Auto. Also Jackson can do air con related repairs.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.