HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree464Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #7726

sorry bro..not sure myself..maybe can facebook pm them

Do you know if Zen has transitional solar film these days?
rbth x 0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:09 AM   #7727

just bought a 2010 Honda City. Wonder any bro can share some good workshops in Sg and JB(this must wait until can go) for servicing and repair works? Maybe can arrange a trip together? Thanks!
wormworm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:06 AM   #7728
Arch-Supremacy Member

just bought a 2010 Honda City. Wonder any bro can share some good workshops in Sg and JB(this must wait until can go) for servicing and repair works? Maybe can arrange a trip together? Thanks!
Try driving first with just engine oil change. Doesn’t mean you need to replace any parts just because it’s a 2010 car.
liquidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #7729
Master Member

As mentioned by others, drive now till its open for us to head in JB. Fix/ service those safety area first.
JB huh? Look forward to early next year, then i assumed can head in without added travel restrictions.

Recent tried workshop in Kaki Bukit, send my 12yo ride for servicing. Boss meticulous. OMO type.

Whitesnail Performance/ Servicing Center. Find them on FB.

Last edited by myviowner; 10-09-2020 at 10:41 AM..
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #7730

As mentioned by others, drive now till its open for us to head in JB. Fix/ service those safety area first.
JB huh? Look forward to early next year, then i assumed can head in without added travel restrictions.

Recent tried workshop in Kaki Bukit, send my 12yo ride for servicing. Boss meticulous. OMO type.

Whitesnail Performance/ Servicing Center. Find them on FB.
Thank you!
Old 10-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #7731

Try driving first with just engine oil change. Doesn’t mean you need to replace any parts just because it’s a 2010 car.
Thanks for the advice. Was check if dealer has changed engine oil. Was told tyres confirmed changed...
Old 10-09-2020, 03:45 PM   #7732
Master Member

Thanks for the advice. Was check if dealer has changed engine oil. Was told tyres confirmed changed...
Most of the time when owners wants to sell their rides, they will not bother to maintain it.

Take it as a no, have an oil change asap. That's the 1st thing I did when I've collected my ride recently. Why not go for one that provides XX-points check and let them tell you what parts needs to be changed (of course take note that you're not obliged to proceed if price is not right).

Tires are changed, did you check the year of manufacture?
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:04 PM   #7733
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tires look at the threads and the DOM.

First things I would change is the engine oil and ATF.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:26 PM   #7734

Tires look at the threads and the DOM.

First things I would change is the engine oil and ATF.
The acronyms are quite new to me. May i know what is DOM (date of manufacture?) and ATF?

Didnt know can find date of manufacture, please advise where can it be found on the tires. And max age of tires being manufactured such that i should change them even though they are new?
Old 10-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #7735

Most of the time when owners wants to sell their rides, they will not bother to maintain it.

Take it as a no, have an oil change asap. That's the 1st thing I did when I've collected my ride recently. Why not go for one that provides XX-points check and let them tell you what parts needs to be changed (of course take note that you're not obliged to proceed if price is not right).

Tires are changed, did you check the year of manufacture?
i was told a sticker at the driver sun shade flap showed the car travelled 2000km after owner has sent for servicing, should be able to run for another 1-2000 km before changing?
Old 10-09-2020, 08:45 PM   #7736
Master Member

i was told a sticker at the driver sun shade flap showed the car travelled 2000km after owner has sent for servicing, should be able to run for another 1-2000 km before changing?
Personally, i will get it change again for a peace of mind.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #7737
Arch-Supremacy Member

The acronyms are quite new to me. May i know what is DOM (date of manufacture?) and ATF?

Didnt know can find date of manufacture, please advise where can it be found on the tires. And max age of tires being manufactured such that i should change them even though they are new?
DOM - date of manufacture. You look ar the tire wall for 4 digits (eg 2717 means week 27 of 2017).

ATF - Automatic transmission fluid.

Tires - Depends on tire wear (but recommended to change no later than 6 years anyway - and if not constantly parked under the sun)
ATF - There is no such nonsense as “lifetime” fluid. Change every 40k km at the very least.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:45 PM   #7738
Master Member

You can actually gauge by looking at the dip stick. Low level, go. Gunk, go. I personally felt the engine was running rough, thus I wasted no time and went ahead.

Considering that oil change these days are pretty affordable at around $5x, I would still recommend to go for a peace of mind.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:48 PM   #7739
High Supremacy Member

any place to spray the whole car? i no need to crazy fancy one... just a normal car need to restore the paint and also do up those dents....

I AM FROM THE 30.1%, EMPOWERED TO COMPLAIN
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:51 PM   #7740

How does that sticker work? Does it show the next mileage point for oil servicing? If thats the case then it seems fine. then again, I changed mine within a month of purchase even though i could go another 5 to 6k
Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.