HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Like Tree302Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #76

i wanna send my suzuki alto for my 100K servicing to jet.
but i dunno what parts to buy to bring in for servicing.
can anyone advise?
Old 19-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #77

i wanna send my suzuki alto for my 100K servicing to jet.
but i dunno what parts to buy to bring in for servicing.
can anyone advise?
Check your car 100k service interval chart whether it's a major or minor service so you know roughly.

Get those necessary parts accordingly from your Suzuki stockist (usually oil, cooling, rubber related parts).

Rest of the items get Jet to inspect and replace as necessary, he will advise you.

He should be able to supply those parts you don't have as well, or you can do a 2nd trip to his WS.
pointman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 02:43 AM   #78

Check your car 100k service interval chart whether it's a major or minor service so you know roughly.

Get those necessary parts accordingly from your Suzuki stockist (usually oil, cooling, rubber related parts).

Rest of the items get Jet to inspect and replace as necessary, he will advise you.

He should be able to supply those parts you don't have as well, or you can do a 2nd trip to his WS.
i think the jialet part about getting this new ride is that, there is not much info and interval chart online too. i tried contacting the previous owner. she changed phone number.
i was thinking whether jet can do suzuki cars a not, maybe pop by tomorrow to let him check my ride out.

anyways i just brought EO, BO, coolant + oil filter. just change out the basic stuff out. just in case the previous owner never change them out.
Old 20-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #79
Master Member

Since its a new second hand car, just change out all the fluids, engine oil, atf, coolant, brake, steering ( unless electrical steering). Filters, air filter, Aircon filter, fuel filter (up to you to decide), spark plugs . these are just the basics. Take a look at the tires as well. How old is this car? Any weird noise, vibration. I think your car should be fairly simple and most mechs should be able to handle, if not I have a mech in Skudai area that I frequent. His workmanship is good and quick and moot importantly, fairly priced. Pm me if you need the contact .
yanbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 03:45 PM   #80

managed to go to JET AUTO.
initial thought when i saw the place. omg... so rundown. no proper gear... siao liao la.
travel 20mins from KSL to this legendary place, see the garage sian half.

when i reached and park. only a old uncle was there, he was squatting in front of a car spraying i assume chemical into the bonnet area. i asked if i need to wait long for my turn to check on my newold ride, seeing so many japanese car was there. 3SG plates, and even KL plate was there too. perhaps Jet is that good ? Uncles says 45-60mins wait. okay~ i just took my seat as i brought my laptop there to clear some work.

ard 15mins into waiting, old uncle says he's available to check on my car.
a little about my car. i just brought a good looking condition Suzuki Alto, i cant trust what the ex owner say about she had/have maintain and went servicing and etc. so i went on to buy EO,BO,ATF, Filters and etc and brought over to Jet to fix it up.

Jet was very frank and upfront with me, which i fully appreciate, he told me he have not tried fixing my type of car before, but more and less its a JDM. everything should be aga aga the same. so fiixing starts with uncle and jet comes in here and there to help put and advise.

Things done @ Jet Auto
Flush Engine oil + top up with new EO
Flush ATF, top up with new ATF
Flush + Bleed Brake oil, top new BO
De-carb throttle body
chemical wash aircon "condenser" or cooler
drain coolant + top up new coolant.

all for 650 ringgit.

verdict. its all worth it!
car feels smooth and more powerful (butt feel)
gear changing now is not jerky at all~~~ butter smooth!

thumbs up!

Last edited by mrkerpalz; 23-04-2015 at 05:26 AM..
mrkerpalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #81
Master Member

I'm not sure how much he charges to do chemical wash on conderser but i feel for 650, its overcharged. Did he give you breakdown? Mind sharing?
Old 23-04-2015, 05:25 AM   #82

i forget to take receipt.
but he did breakdown for me.
still ex?
Old 23-04-2015, 07:13 AM   #83

still ex?
so rm650 is almost just workmanship + coolent?
My ws charge me labour rm 10 for engine oil chance but no flushing. My own eo n filter.
kweeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 08:17 AM   #84
Master Member

still ex?
If you can post a rough breakdown, then can determine. It might be the coolant that's ex in the first place. So if you have a rough breakdown, I can roughly give a gauge on what's overpriced.
Old 23-04-2015, 08:18 AM   #85
Master Member

so rm650 is almost just workmanship + coolent?
My ws charge me labour rm 10 for engine oil chance but no flushing. My own eo n filter.
10rm is cheap. Which WS?
Old 24-04-2015, 02:50 AM   #86

Things done @ Jet Auto
Flush Engine (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) + top up with new EO. (my own EO)
Flush ATF (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) , top up with new ATF (3 cans of suzuki 3317)
Flush Their Product+drain out the old oil with a small machine+ Bleed Brake oil, top new BO (my own oil)
De-carbon throttle body with a "funny looking" gadget with a de-carb spray can thing.
drain coolant + top up new coolant. (my own coolant)
Old 24-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #87

My jb servicing comparison Which I felt was abit ex.

Engine oil, my own oil and filter
Drain and top up coolant, my coolant
Adjust timing belt, was misaligned by previous workshop
Change thermostat, my part
Change water pump, my part
Change radiator tubing, my part
Change radiator cap,their part
Wheel alignment and balancing
Rm 450

I believe ur de-carbon thing is close to 200rm as I enquired about it at another jb shop. How is ur aircon, better after the servicing?
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #88

Things done @ Jet Auto
Flush Engine (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) + top up with new EO. (my own EO)
Flush ATF (Their Product+drain out the old oil with a big machine) , top up with new ATF (3 cans of suzuki 3317)
Flush Their Product+drain out the old oil with a small machine+ Bleed Brake oil, top new BO (my own oil)
De-carbon throttle body with a "funny looking" gadget with a de-carb spray can thing.
drain coolant + top up new coolant. (my own coolant)
Is the gearbox oil use yours or theirs? I think your gb oil could be the one which is exp.
Solidus_GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #89
Master Member

my guess is the flushing items are actually by themselves RM300 around there right?

but hey, just bought 2nd hand car... for that price is quite worth it.

if you walked into a workshop in Singapore and earnestly say you just bought this car, i'm sure your bill will be much higher with all the things that they want to do to your car. so take stride in that.
sinicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #90

Agree on the Singapore workshop. I initially went to one workshop in sg. Few days later noticed the engine temperature is not going up. Went to the same workshop and he say maybe leaking radiator. How can the radiator be leaking when the coolant level never go down and it should be overheating. Quoted me sg400 to do check flush radiator and does not included any repair or parts.

I checked forums and YouTube only to find out that it might be the thermostat or sensor. Changed the thermostat and all is well. The rm400+ I paid for soo many items in jb is not even half of wat he quoted for dismantle and inspect. Also changed the engine oil after 3k since I didn't trust this fellow already. And he misaligned my timing belt due to the vibration which I felt after the belt change.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.