Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

laksafan

Reaction score
i got no luck on taobao also i bought those inside car accessories few was ok like boot mat but the door and boot side plates was NOT so good, boot jam after that hahaha cos when it reached me it was bent ... bought to ezbuy.. suck thumb ahaha.. now i learn, my next car i will buy a popular jap car like a Toyota Wish or something... Accessories and parts easier to find than my cars

I think you bought the "wrong" stuffs from taobao. Those that I bought from taobao compare with Sheng auto's - mine were way superior than theirs + cheaper. You need to know how to search for the best items in taobao, same item got at least 2-3 grades all selling at different prices but from the pic all looks the same.

Infact I did tell Jackson - he need to change his suppliers, the stuffs he got from his suppliers are way too expensive.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Last edited:

laksafan

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing on the starter cos my car 9+ years old, 220k mileage, just want to ensure it is all in working condition before scrap in case i wanna keep tho i bought a new car already but just to be sure of the symptoms. appreciate it

Toyota MPV.

Correction
Engine mounting now I remember is SGD$900+ not SGD$1200 but still cheaper to change at LCH RM1850.

Starter
2 times within 2 weeks when I turn the key, no sound at all, not even that slight "coughing"sound. Moreover even when starting the engine is successful, the sound is weird to me.

ah yuan remove it and show me the whole spiral thing already loose(not supposed to) will uplorry anytime.

Usually when charges like this - around RM300+, I won't even bother to cross check the pricing in sg. Cos in sg SGD$100+ can't change anything.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing on the starter cos my car 9+ years old, 220k mileage, just want to ensure it is all in working condition before scrap in case i wanna keep tho i bought a new car already but just to be sure of the symptoms. appreciate it

I am rather particular to the starting sound of the engine. The rhythm should be consistent.
A slight "coughing" sound could mean either starter or battery/alternator.
And when this time round there is totally no sound at all - got to be the starter liao

As taobao car accessories, need to look at the China car market. Almost everybody wants a SUV, Audi, BMW.etc

Last edited:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you bought the "wrong" stuffs from taobao. Those that I bought from taobao compare with Sheng auto's - mine were way superior than theirs + cheaper. You need to know how to search for the best items in taobao, same item got at least 2-3 grades all selling at different prices but from the pic all looks the same.

Infact I did tell Jackson - he need to change his suppliers, the stuffs he got from his suppliers are way too expensive.

haha yea i believe i bought the wrong "grade" :s13:

i think his worry is that later ship in items that are defective, can't exchange or refund.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha yea i believe i bought the wrong "grade" :s13:

i think his worry is that later ship in items that are defective, can't exchange or refund.

Some of my leds are so high grade that even sg/my/Thai cannot find.
Eg. Brake lights - one bulb got 130+ high power 80 watts LEDs, flashes 5 times then lights up when stepping on brakes. Costs me only around SGD$12 each, used for more than a year + Liao no problems

dariuscai

Reaction score
Definitely quality plays a part so must be careful, honestly i try not to buy car parts from taobao cos i cant see the quality until it reaches i ever bought car accessories then realise the quality abit jialiat lol, suay lor and for me 99% of the time i ask ws buy and use only original parts unless cannot get then i will buy and bring in. Some of the things the price difference is very big so i will get from stockist to bring in for him because Msia he can't get the parts anyway and if he gets, he buy from my stockist ship to him and then charge me so he says its higher.

(can ask Ah Yuan about me, i use original parts hahahaa) but if buy from stockist for me its buy original parts hahaha stockist got sell oem one ah? unfortunately for my car no oem for most things so most of the time i will get from ws but certain things ah yuan doesnt have (not all conti brands he can get)

But i guess for Nissan Latio mounting, if Sg workshop, stockist and ah yuan using original parts and the price difference or stockist is 220, sg workshop i think he said is 400+ let say its oem and ah yuan 500+ lets say it's also oem then maybe have to see what our brother wants lor. I agree for him he have to also check whether the workshop gives oem or original parts... for me for mounting i only use original, used oem once, after one year kinda shaky didnt like it so change out, quite waste money

I am not good in car parts, not sure if its orginal or oem. I went to ERA auto today and Kelvin told me that my mountngs are indeed harden thus vibrates. And he also mentioned another issue was my fan belt which caused the engine rough sound when driving off.

I didnt know that my regular ws installed oem fan belt for me though. No wonder when i collected my car and drove off the engine sound is diff. Then i went back to ask the next day he just said is engine mounting fault.

laksafan

Reaction score
I am too hahahaha so thats why i ask you so that i know what to look out for. cos wanna be prepared as my hearing of sound saved me a few times from dying battery or alternator

Everytime got abit of sound or what i will know and i will send to Ah Yuan.

Thats why sometimes they see me at YS last time they scared cos i can hear sounds they cant until ah chen says i paranoid feel like smacking him when he does cos always later true enough my drive shaft was failing or absorber or bearing making sounds lol.

I am rather particular to the starting sound of the engine. The rhythm should be consistent.
A slight "coughing" sound could mean either starter or battery/alternator.
And when this time round there is totally no sound at all - got to be the starter liao

As taobao car accessories, need to look at the China car market. Almost everybody wants a SUV, Audi, BMW.etc

totoro78

Reaction score
You got it slightly wrong.

The first number describes viscosity at low temperatures. The second number refers to viscosity at normal engine operating temperatures.

Cheers

You do know that the number infront

example 5 in 5w20 is temperature, the last two numbers after w is the thickness.

5w40 is thicker than 5w30, unless your car is old or has high mileage or its turbo, don't use thicker oil if you wanna save fuel. you might press more gas hahaha.

Just for sharing. cos i have some friends who insist the thickness is denotes by the number infront so got one goondu went to buy 5w50 oil cos its cheap and insist can be use. i said yup go ahead lol the thicker the oil, usually its cheaper btw

laksafan

Reaction score
Thanks for the correction. Yes I know viscosity at low and normal temp unfortunately not everyone knows so i was putting it in more layman terms but sorry it turns out to sound very incorrect i notice i hope nobody thought it was the oil at a temp of 5 degrees lol I stand corrected

To be honest in Sg a 0 or a 5 in my opinion dun make a difference at engine startup so there are many people very caught up with the front numbers than with the back and notice a more sluggish car... for me the normal operating temp viscosity for me that is more important as a driver in sg. Thanks for correcting sorry for the inaccurate explanation

You got it slightly wrong.

The first number describes viscosity at low temperatures. The second number refers to viscosity at normal engine operating temperatures.

Cheers

Last edited:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many smart alecs watch/read Europe, USA articles/videos without thinking that sg got no winter.

Any number before the W just ignore.

totoro78

Reaction score
No worries bro. Most importantly is when it meets what’s require in the manual then it’s fine.

Thanks for the correction. Yes I know viscosity at low and normal temp unfortunately not everyone knows so i was putting it in more layman terms but sorry it turns out to sound very incorrect i notice i hope nobody thought it was the oil at a temp of 5 degrees lol I stand corrected

To be honest in Sg a 0 or a 5 in my opinion dun make a difference at engine startup so there are many people very caught up with the front numbers than with the back and notice a more sluggish car... for me the normal operating temp viscosity for me that is more important as a driver in sg. Thanks for correcting sorry for the inaccurate explanation

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any lobang for shops that does bodykits / add on lips all these in JB?

BTS spray paint at Bukit Indah.
Just tell him what you want and he will get it from his suppliers.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros.

After change my downshift cable at sg ws.
Few days later, I start to feel the below symptoms
Please advise what's the likely cause and if replace parts how much.

Start engine after fews seconds later. Car will idle rough.
Car will soft vibrate for few mins until rpm lower to 6-700rpm.

Can feel very slight vibrations on my seats and steering wheel and brake and acc pedals during driving.

When driving expressway on road, Like those flat roads car will be abit bumpy also.

My ride left 2yrs 9 moths.

Yesterday's try to hit 100km/h
Can feel the wheels thru my steering running on road surface.
Is not vibrations feel. Is like u can feel your wheels movement type.

Thinking should go JB ws check first.
If they check then I go the stockist there to buy.
They okay to fix back let me drive to buy ?
Please advise,

CAr can drive but feel not shoik

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros.

After change my downshift cable at sg ws.
Few days later, I start to feel the below symptoms
Please advise what's the likely cause and if replace parts how much.

Start engine after fews seconds later. Car will idle rough.
Car will soft vibrate for few mins until rpm lower to 6-700rpm.

Can feel very slight vibrations on my seats and steering wheel and brake and acc pedals during driving.

When driving expressway on road, Like those flat roads car will be abit bumpy also.

My ride left 2yrs 9 moths.

Yesterday's try to hit 100km/h
Can feel the wheels thru my steering running on road surface.
Is not vibrations feel. Is like u can feel your wheels movement type.

Thinking should go JB ws check first.
If they check then I go the stockist there to buy.
They okay to fix back let me drive to buy ?
Please advise,

CAr can drive but feel not shoik

Go the usual wkshp as recommended by bros here. Let them check and fix up everything for you. No headache for you.
Else when it happen again after fix new parts, finger pointing may arise.... spare parts no good lah or workmanship sucks...etc

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think wil go in jb later and go find lch brothers.

Ah yuan is the guy right.
The last time I went there told them about a sound but they say the sound not always so hard to check.

Say if sound more then coem back

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go the usual wkshp as recommended by bros here. Let them check and fix up everything for you. No headache for you.
Else when it happen again after fix new parts, finger pointing may arise.... spare parts no good lah or workmanship sucks...etc

Agree. Unless the parts are damn expensive but in JB, most parts are cheap. Unless you are able to DIY like Aircon filter, yes you do save.

Just go back to the same workshop that did that cable but be prepared that the workshop will taichi cos you didn't get the parts from them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.