Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who goes often to Malaysia and having keyless function do take note:

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/car-thieves-in-malaysia-have-gone-high-tech-using-device-to-unlock-car-with-keyless?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10
These statement show how useless manufacturers and police are?
Or how impressive car's thevies are with $50 device? Lolol

["To date, car manufacturers have yet to find a foolproof solution to beat these car thieves," the ADAC findings concluded.

A police spokesman said they were aware of this high-tech method.]

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for advice.

You all got replace your ignitiion coil every certain Mileage ?

Does replacing v belt , fuel filter , gasket tb
Take very long for labour. And does it cost a lot.

Inform workshop beforehand cuz they will need to order the parts and will take some time for it to be delivered.

For my fuel filter, it's tricky and I will change together with fuel pump. Belt and valve cover gasket shouldn't be too difficult as well.

You can ask the workshop to test your ignition coil (for resistance), change if need be and those don't come cheap.

But i can tell you out of all the JB workshop that I went to, LCH is really fast hand fast leg ;)

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The items I buy in sg then bring in jb to do.
Yes LCH quite fast in labour.
Was there on sat. Saw them replace 4 tyres for a sirocco

If fuel filter tricky then I will not change.
Actually I itchy hand thinking parts to replace.
Worry one day will wear and tear.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for advice.

You all got replace your ignitiion coil every certain Mileage ?

Does replacing v belt , fuel filter , gasket tb
Take very long for labour. And does it cost a lot.

1. Ignition coil. My ride coming to its 9th yo. I have not change it. I asked spare parts chops in JB & usual workshop mechanics. Both said got problem then change else why waste $$.
For ignition coil, Search for the user: Alan_01 in carousel. I am not related to him btw.

2. V-belt: Unless is noisy. Else, get your usual mechanics to check it during PM EO change.

2. Fuel Filter: My ride coming to its 9th yo. I have not change it. I asked spare parts shops in JB. The sales ppl says got problem then change lah.

Hopes the above useful ref for you.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

["To date, car manufacturers have yet to find a foolproof solution to beat these car thieves," the ADAC findings concluded.

Been happening since 2 yrs ago. Certain brands are affected.
Get a good steering wheel lock.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You are not alone. I had the same feeling/ thinking/ attitude when i got my pre-own ride.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Most of the items can just ask LCH for quote. It's not expensive. Buy the parts yourself = time + parking charges you don't save much.

The Malaysians are more mature in handling cars than sinkies. Nothing spoil no need to visit workshop except for oil change, tyres. Etc.

Fuel filter most likely need to change when your car is 20+ yrs old. Else just leave it.

MikeLou

Reaction score
When you guys service the car in JB, need to watch them to do it? Will it be safe to leave it there then collect later?

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
When you guys service the car in JB, need to watch them to do it? Will it be safe to leave it there then collect later?

No one can guarantee safety. Watch over if you don't feel at ease. I do watch over, only going off once in a while nearby for meal or drinks.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If it's your first time at the workshop better to stand around watch what they do.
For me I did the same when I visit LCH for the first time but after that didn't bother cos they really did a good job

HellHunter

Reaction score

In security circles this has been a well known vulnerability for well over a decade. There was a security consultant who wrote an open letter to car manufacturers about it which brought the issue into the mainstream spotlight almost a decade ago IIRC.

The tools for the job have just become cheaper and easier to acquire since then. When I first heard about it, it costed about USD$50 for the electronics needed for a DIY device along with some know how. These days any idiot can buy ready made kits.

https://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/lockcode.asp

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know where to fix Audi car seat? My front passenger sit the below part give way and the plastic cover of the back seat can be open now.

Also stock speaker got some static noise. So for this go sheng auto can fix?

Thanks

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depend how "close" relation you and the workshops ppl lor. First time, better watch every person that walk close to your ride.

As other bro said, there is no guarantee safety. Just be vigilant. And be low profile.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know where to fix Audi car seat? My front passenger sit the below part give way and the plastic cover of the back seat can be open now.

Also stock speaker got some static noise. So for this go sheng auto can fix?

Thanks

wah below part give way ah? that means when a bbfa sits on it, his entire bum will sink in n touch the floor ah? sounds jia lat leh... :(

may be can try gosford to fix the cushion... :(

may be speaker kaput liao... ya this one go sheng auto...

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah below part give way ah? that means when a bbfa sits on it, his entire bum will sink in n touch the floor ah? sounds jia lat leh... :(

may be can try gosford to fix the cushion... :(

may be speaker kaput liao... ya this one go sheng auto...

The seat and cushion and electric seat control is ok. Just below there is a part there hold the bottom part drop off. Like a piece of cover. Thus the passenger front seat behind the plastic is flimsy

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The seat and cushion and electric seat control is ok. Just below there is a part there hold the bottom part drop off. Like a piece of cover. Thus the passenger front seat behind the plastic is flimsy

may be can try using super glue?

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think is got 2 small parts drop off. so dont know is it important anot. so hope can fix 1 and for all

Sounds like original parts. You might not be able to substitute it with something else.

Speaker confirmed is kaputz. Unlikely to be loose wires. Just replace it with a used speaker from Sheng auto or Soon Lee at lor 39 geylang

Last edited:

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like original parts. You might not be able to substitute it with something else.

Speaker confirmed is kaputz. Unlikely to be loose wires. Just replace it with a used speaker from Sheng auto or Soon Lee at lor 39 geylang

Yup. Tomorrow I'm going lch and sheng auto. For sheng auto need look for who? The car seat the parts i think can glue back. Just don't know how to fix. If i go do in Singapore, any recommendation?

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. Tomorrow I'm going lch and sheng auto. For sheng auto need look for who? The car seat the parts i think can glue back. Just don't know how to fix. If i go do in Singapore, any recommendation?

few yrs ago, i went to one lau uncle at sin ming industrial area... he helped me stitch a small part where the thread was worn n came loose. solid work n price is reasonable. but now the whole place is gone... dunno whether he retire already or where he moved to...

try alexandra village... my friend repaired her merc backseat last year... if u need the address, I'll have to ask her... :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.