Red Light Camera

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
this one I do not agreed (every junction is different) :s13::s13:
it may turn red before clearing, even thought the car had crossed the stop line when the traffic light changed to amber.

the vehicle detection sensors are located right after the stop line, so if you cross the stop line just as it turns amber, you will clear the detection sensors (unless you are going at a snail's pace) before it turns red.

bh10101

Reaction score
the vehicle detection sensors are located right after the stop line, so if you cross the stop line just as it turns amber, you will clear the detection sensors (unless you are going at a snail's pace) before it turns red.

how to compare with you car then? yours a Sports car vs the low end BnB cars :s13::s13:

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the light changed to amber and then red instantly

got no such thing de

anyway, red light cameras are a bit weird

my bro beat before, got 2 flash, verified from in car cam red alr then cross
never received letter...

i myself also, got camera there, then red for damn long alr I blur blur just cross also never received letter...

so dun think too much now, receive letter alr then worry.

anyway p plate after deduct 12 points still can drive on 0 points.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how to compare with you car then? yours a Sports car vs the low end BnB cars :s13::s13:

you clearly do not understand what I am trying to say. do try a little harder to understand before making another nonsensical response.

bh10101

Reaction score
you clearly do not understand what I am trying to say. do try a little harder to understand before making another nonsensical response.

arent you not doing the same too? not trying to understand TS but making unreasonable response :s22::s22:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

bh10101

Reaction score
wacko power leh.. got access into the surveillance camera system? :s13::s13:

like that, with evidence by wacko? & TS comments, only 1/3 of the car body will be after the stop line with normal brake.
if emergency brake applied, only the car bumper will cross the stop line. front wheel shouldnt cross the line technically

https://www.google.com/maps/@1.3679...4!1sqKbmzj_Cpo4ukmBgDo639g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

look at the stop line, and where the embedded "red light" sensors are. and then try to explain how TS is making a sensible explanation of what happened, since you seem adamant that TS is speaking the truth.

There was a junction ahead and it was green light so i just maintained my speed of around 45-50 kmh, when a car suddenly cut into my lane from my right and it was already quite close to the stop line. I braked a bit to avoid collision as the car was really close to mine. But when my front tyre just crossed over the stop line, the light changed to amber and then red instantly, followed by a flash from the back.

bh10101

Reaction score
actually I did witness such scenario this morning, around north-east area.

a sliver MPV was traveling at the same speed (not above 60) on the same road as me.
But when the light change to amber & suddenly switch red (it was secs, not mins, from green to amber, then to red), both applied emergency brake.
There is about 1.5 car length to the stop line.

I stop before the line, but the sliver MPV front wheels is after the stop line. indeed there was a flash from behind. :s22::s22:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
actually I did witness such scenario this morning, around north-east area.

a sliver MPV was traveling at the same speed (not above 60) on the same road as me.
But when the light change to amber & suddenly switch red (it was secs, not mins, from green to amber, then to red), both applied emergency brake.
There is about 1.5 car length to the stop line.

I stop before the line, but the sliver MPV front wheels is after the stop line. indeed there was a flash from behind. :s22::s22:

silver MPV situation is different from what TS describes. silver MPV stops completely beyond the stop line, and this may still trigger the red light camera, because as long as the car, while stationary, is over the embedded sensors that are a meter or two from the stop line, the camera and flash will be triggered. TS says he/she brakes a little (hence not stop completely), crosses the stop line, traffic light changes to amber, and he/she clears the entire junction and still gets "flashed". for a vehicle that is in continual motion to clear the junction after crossing the stop line just as the light changes to amber, will clear the embedded sensors before the light turns to red. and the sensor don't get triggered immediately once the traffic light turns to red, there is a half second or so "grace period".

wanna give justifying TS description of the situation another shot?

bh10101

Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.