Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

kelcyqiu

Reaction score
Looking for manual private instructor

Hellos all,

I am currently looking for manual private instructor for BBDC. It will be good if he/she can pick/drop at CCK area. Do kindly help to recommend with rates and details.

Thank yous(;

Reaction score
I need a good and patient PDI(BBDC) class 3A for my girlfriend. I've browse through all the pages and cannot even find any decent class3A bbdc PDI. Anyone of you guys got any reccommendation?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need a good and patient PDI(BBDC) class 3A for my girlfriend. I've browse through all the pages and cannot even find any decent class3A bbdc PDI. Anyone of you guys got any reccommendation?

3A pdi lesser
theres a female 3A pdi somewhere in this thread, suitable for ladies
maybe u try to search harder?

xuejia22

Reaction score
3A pdi lesser
theres a female 3A pdi somewhere in this thread, suitable for ladies
maybe u try to search harder?

There's a female PDI in CDC/Ubi area. Not bad I've heard. Will help to find her contact if you're interested in learning for CDC circuit and practical.

juntz1228

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the following PDIs or provide contact number?

Chua Im Hua
Ong Chin Hong
Leong Yew Keong
Neo Kee Fatt
Neo Eng Soon
Lim Heng Guan

These are my shortlisted PDIs. And I want to learn manual. Thanks a lot~

SMITTEN07

Reaction score
PLEASE DONT BELIEVE THE ABOVE. I TOOK DRIVING LESSONS FROM DAVID TAY TIANG CHONG AND THE POST ABOVE IS SO OBVIOUSLY WRITTEN BY HIMSELF. ON MY FIRST DAY HE ALREADY TOLD ME TO CHECK FORUMS TO SEE HOW GOOD HE IS, AND THIS IS THE ONLY ENTRY ON HIM.

ANYWAY, HE NOT ONLY DIDN'T TEACH ME NOTHING BUT DRIVING AROUND ON MAIN ROADS, NO CIRCUIT, ATTEMPT U-TURN TWICE, 3 POINT TURN TWICE, AND ONLY ONE CIRCUIT LESSON BEFORE YOUR TP TEST.

DURING LESSON, HE WILL BE ON THE PHONE, LISTENING TO HIS KARAOKE, AND I JUST FAILED TODAY NOT BECAUSE I COULDNT PARK OR DRIVE, BUT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TEACH ME THE BASIC THINGS LIKE CHECKING BLIND SPOT WHEN MAKING LEFT OR RIGHT TURNS OR EVEN BRAKING.

HE CHARGES THE SAME EVEN WHEN YOU ARE LATE AND ENDS ON TIME. BUT HE GOES FOR 20 MIN TOILET BREAK. THIS BREAK WILL INCLUDE RINSING HIS MOUTH, EATING HIS FOOD OUTSIDE HIS CAR, AND TONGUE CLEANING. NOT ONCE. NOT TWICE. BUT EVERY SINGLE LESSON. HE WILL TAKE A 10 - 20 MINUTE TOILET BREAK. OF COURSE HE DIDNT PRO RATE MY FEES TO 40MIN. WHAT A DOG.

ALTOGETHER, HE CHARGE $54 FOR ONLY ONE HOUR AND MADE ME DRIVE-ONLY FOR 29 LESSONS. OF WHICH, HE DIDN'T EVEN TAKE ME TO THE CIRCUIT. OR LEARN THINGS LIKE U-TURN OR 3 POINT TURNS.

I CREATED THIS ACCOUNT JUST TO WARN EVEYRONE NOT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY. HE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO PASS, BUT TO FAIL AND RETAKE MORE LESSONS WITH HIM.

I CHECKED WITH OTHERS, PRIVATE INSTRUCTORS NOT ONLY CHARGE MUCH LESS FOR 1.5 HOURS, BUT THEY TAKE ONLY 10 LESSONS BEFORE THEIR PRACTICAL TEST. AND THE CHERRY TO TOP IT ALL OFF IS THAT HIS PASSING RATE IS ONLY 21% WHICH I NEVER QUESTIONED UNTIL TODAY.

PLEASE DON'T LEARN FROM THIS DAVID TAY SGC 8471 TOYOTA VIOS SILVER

YES!!! i was his student!!
he did the same to me!! i swear he DID THE SAME TO ME!!!
Eating in the car, SLEEPING, TAKING ALL THE TIME. THE TOILET BREAK!!! Is ANNOYING!!! Every f***ing lesson!!!
:mad:
I AM NOT LYING!! I SWEAR.
TOOK 38 LESSON from him and at the same time he charged me $18 extra to Learn parking. WHEN I ASK WHY!!? he said because he have no place to teach me to learning parking.

He teach parking at a multi story CARPARK near BBDC.
So i asked, he dont need to book anything at the carpark why charge $18??
he said later got HDB people take photo and he will KENA saman!!

(SO IF THERE IS NO SAMAN, HE POCKET THE MONEY LA!!)

WTF?? SERIOUSLY!!
and i said he never said anything about $18 extra when i want to learn form him on the 1 lesson after 17 lesson than he said all this!!

i have no choice seriously! i started my lessons already and its on my 17 lesson!

To add on, i was on my 14 lesson. I question him "Mr Tay, i dont recieve any feedback from you. Did i drive correctly?"
His reply was "Girl, You have no fault Dont find Fault!", "You drive very good" :s39:

WTF
i've been driving and he never say anything to me, because its all on straight road. No much turing, 2 time 3 point turn. just few U turns. NEVER TEACH ON CHECKING BLIND SPOT!

Few times he was unwell! He never cancel the class! Instead he ask me to drive around to buy his medication and food to eat before taking the medicine! WTF!! I just gave him the black face!!

He buy waffles leh!! Waffles need to wait long you know!!

MY TP GETTING NEARER and i feel VERY VERY nervous! that was on my 25 lesson. i have yet to learn parking. So i asked "are we learning parking soon?" he said ouh yes yes! on that day itself he started to talk about my turning no good. My turning & U turn got problem. WTF!!!
after so much lessons I ATTENDED!! now then say?

i start learning parking only on my last few lessons!
i'm VERY pissed. i have no confident. i paid so much!
i shouldnt have took him as my PDI.

He also only inform me about E-Brake on my TP DAY!!
WTF!
But NVM, E-Break is easy. so no issue. :slant:

JUST WOULD LIKE WARN LEARNER OUT THERE.
PLEASE BEWARE OF DAVID TAY TIANG CHONG!

38 LESSONS and extra 10 PARKING with $18 charge (EACH PARKING LESSON), ITS ALOT OF MONEY!
$33 FOR 3 CIRCUIT
(some days1 hour, some days 1.5 hour, some days 2 hour)

38 LESSONS ON A F***ING AUTO CAR LEH!!!!
Best part is he ask me to practice pararrel parking while he take a rest as he is unwell.. That was 3days before my test!

HOWEVER I DID PASSED! with 18points! :eek:
get what those 18POINTS was due to never check blind SPOT correctly and some parrarel parking thingy.
before the tester give me the paper.
He ask me a question "DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CHECK BLIND SPOT?" i noded

i said check mirrors and look over shoulders. But he feedback that i do it wrongly.

THANK GOD I DONT NEED TO GO THRU THE TEST AGAIN. :s12:

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME! :mad::mad::mad:

AVOID THIS PDI! There is better ones out there!
$$$$ really matters.. Actually if he deserve that amount of money.. I would gladly promote him.. Honest truth, its was a heartache.. His toilet break is horrible!

TAY TIANG CHONG
SGC 8471 TOYOTA VIOS
Meeting Point @ West Mall

TAY TIANG CHONG
SGC 8471 TOYOTA VIOS

TAY TIANG CHONG
SGC 8471 TOYOTA VIOS

Last edited:

ruffy65

Reaction score
I just failed my 2nd 3A test on 26th Jan. And i've spent ard $2k (PDTest$280x2, Lessons $1330 including 3x circuit $30 each round) with my PDI. 1.5hour lesson cost me $52, 2hrs=$72 & 2hrs including circuit =$102.

I'm so damn upset with my PDI & his girl who always mess up my lesson date & time. Sick not allow to cancel, need 3 days in advance. While they can call me up one night before telling me tmr lesson cancelled...not once but several times. Worse part is...this happened even the same week before my test. The girl cropped up all my lessons which were booked one month ago..even missed booking my circuit practice at BBDC before my test.
How to have any confidence after missing lessons whole week before my saturday test?

My PDI using laptop, making phone calls, filling up schedules updates.... not paying much attention at what i'm doing unless i swerve widely or jammed brake!!!! (BTW, my PDI is using Honda Insight for tests.. a more lengthy car than Honda Jazz or civic. Poor rear windscreen vision when raining coz the windscreen is very small.) I've made the wrong choice of sticking with him for the re-test...as i thought of saving time & trouble to go thru hunting for another PDI.) Worse error i made..

Therefore, i'm really hope to find a good Class 3A PDI at BBDC... can anyone here please helps me?
Thanks in advance.

ruffy65

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the following PDIs or provide contact number?

Chua Im Hua
Ong Chin Hong
Leong Yew Keong
Neo Kee Fatt
Neo Eng Soon
Lim Heng Guan

These are my shortlisted PDIs. And I want to learn manual. Thanks a lot~

Are these PDIs only teaches Manual?

ruffy65

Reaction score
Whose your PDI? Can I know.. your situation same like mine. 2 circuit before TP test.

Hi me too! First test went 2 x into circuit. 2nd test only went circuit once & that is 3-4wks before my test. Put me on a sloppy car park beside BUkit Gombak to practice parking one week before test. What the hell! I endured until went half hearted at 2ndtest! Not a single apology for cancelling or postponing my lessons. I'm not theonewho want to complain, just wanna get things done.. But in this case, .. Really boil my blood! Haiiz..... Mine is private PDI Mr Lim for BBDC ..with him from last June till now.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TAY TIANG CHONG
SGC 8471 TOYOTA VIOS

Noted, the charging extra $18 is too much sia, somemore buy things during lesson.

Go carpark learn still charge $18, i think is too much. I heard some instructor go carpark teach parking only ask learners not to turn on headlight so wont attract attention

Last time i 1 hour lesson i wan revise parking My instructor ask me drive to a open area and position the wooden planks nicely for parallel, vertical, directional change etc also never charge extra. Near TP almost every lesson i ask him teach he also ok

Anyway i learnt parking on 2nd or 3rd lesson, your this instructor really took too long to teach

SMITTEN07

Reaction score
Noted, the charging extra $18 is too much sia, somemore buy things during lesson.

Go carpark learn still charge $18, i think is too much. I heard some instructor go carpark teach parking only ask learners not to turn on headlight so wont attract attention

Last time i 1 hour lesson i wan revise parking My instructor ask me drive to a open area and position the wooden planks nicely for parallel, vertical, directional change etc also never charge extra. Near TP almost every lesson i ask him teach he also ok

Anyway i learnt parking on 2nd or 3rd lesson, your this instructor really took too long to teach

Ya lor!!! Kaoz!!
Its auto car leh!!! Not manual!!
38 lessons u know!! Really must beware of him..
Its for your own good..

SMITTEN07

Reaction score

Honestly i did try to look out for his reviews, so far nothing. (when i pass my FTT, i started looking for one)

Check the website for PDI, his grade seems not bad.

than 1 day before MY TP i decided to just google!! and found some people have have the same issue as me!!!!!!

David Tay Tiang Chong
Learners please beware.

He charge very high
- Register $80 1st time
- Go TP need to use his car he charged $280
- Go circuit $33 each
- Learn Parking $18 each lesson.
- 1.5 hour is $54 (parking is add on, So if u have 1.5 hours with parking is $54 + $18)

if you need 10 lesson for parking! how much u need to pay to this person!

i go for 38 lessons.
He just refuse to teach parking!(i poke him a few times, "Mr Tay, when can we leaning Parking" He reply "Girl, get use to the car 1st"
F*** la 14lesson.. not enough ah
Seriously, what is so difficult to drive an auto car?
its learning how to park that take more time..

Honestly he dont teach much. All he do was resting and go toilet brake, eating & such.

Honestly all my points come from mistake from the circuit.

Private Learners really need to go Circuit more. Its helpful during test

Last edited:

ruffy65

Reaction score
...Last time i 1 hour lesson i wan revise parking My instructor ask me drive to a open area and position the wooden planks nicely for parallel, vertical, directional change etc also never charge extra. Near TP almost every lesson i ask him teach he also ok

Wow..so good. Hmm.. maybe i should inform the next PDI to revise my parking every lessons too! I just booked a TP date on my own on 26th Feb 2013 without the need to fill up ID of PDI. So I think I better start looking for 3A PDI for BBDC within these two days.

Still, there is no one recommending any good auto PDI for BBDC?
Please someone,.. Can advise so?

Thanks a million ahead!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.