Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

Adrian1987

Banned
Reaction score
u can try this guy if you are in the north.. William - 96663369

Charging $27/hr for L learners and $30/hr for refresher course. Flat rate. No extra charges for "peak hours".

initez

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm looking for a private driving instructor for Ubi's test centre. Any recommendation?

Learning 3A. Prefers fetch and send service (I stay in tampines) at least from station since Ubi is quite inconvenient. Thanks.

straberrytomb

Reaction score
Mr Yeo was also my instructor. Passed under him 1st time. He is good instructor. But must see his mood. Also, i agree that he does not speak clearly. like to mumble.

had enough of his nonsense.

my appointment is supposed to be 6pm today, he called me at 4pm & asked why i haven't arrived.

my nickname in office is called "Ms Double-confirm", there's NO WAY that i had gotten the wrong timing down becos i will ALWAYS clarify & double-confirm the date & timing when making arrangements with him in the car after each lesson.

my usual arrangement is 4pm on Saturdays, but becos he is SOOOOOOOOOO popular, he said he only has sunday 6pm slot left for me today, to which, i remembered very clearly i went "HUH" when he told me that! i still took it in the end anyway.

he claimed i indicated the timing wrongly, i claimed he indicate wrongly instead. Seeing the argument is going no-where, i then proposed we re-arrange the date but he INSISTS on forfeiting my 1 hour $30 lesson fee!!

come-on?!!! i'm a serious learner here! i paid for 4 lessons in advance & he couldn't even try to compromise??!! he said i WASTED his time today!!!!

i then told him to refund all my 4 lessons fees. but i highly doubt he will refund me all 4, maybe 3 only.

TO THOSE WHO ARE LEARNING FROM HIM, PLS BE AWARE!!! it's best u let him write down ur appointment on ur student enrolment card. don't be like me! i made a wrong mistake in not insisting for him to write down. now i have nothing to backup even though i was not in the wrong!!!

WHAT A JERK!

:mad:

Yunnnn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TO THOSE WHO ARE LEARNING FROM HIM, PLS BE AWARE!!! it's best u let him write down ur appointment on ur student enrolment card. don't be like me! i made a wrong mistake in not insisting for him to write down. now i have nothing to backup even though i was not in the wrong!!!

mr yeo always writes down the timings in the enrollment card unless you forget to bring it...never had to insist for that to be done :(

i think he's really too busy :\

Last edited:

straberrytomb

Reaction score
mr yeo always writes down the timings in the enrollment card unless you forget to bring it...never had to insist for that to be done :(

he'll refund u three lessons most likely, not 4

NOPE, he didn't ask me for my card. it's always in my bag, never forget to bring.

should not have given him 2nd chance like what some of u said when i complained abt him the first time.

valuesniper

Reaction score
NOPE, he didn't ask me for my card. it's always in my bag, never forget to bring.

should not have given him 2nd chance like what some of u said when i complained abt him the first time.

Since things have come to this stage, my advice will be to change PDI.

On a side note: I'm not sure how come the communication (in terms of time/ date of slot booking) between the two of you can go wrong.

1. For me: end of lesson, without fail, i will take out my card and book my next few lessons with him. The card is important not just for him to indicate the timing and date but most importantly, he has to sign to acknowlege that he received my payment.

2. To know what are the slots available, he will open his diary/ appointment book. And I will definitely look at it and choose the better timing/ dates. And I will watch him fill up my name in the correct time slot and date. And obviously, i will also check my card to ensure that it tallies.

straberrytomb

Reaction score
Since things have come to this stage, my advice will be to change PDI.

On a side note: I'm not sure how come the communication (in terms of time/ date of slot booking) between the two of you can go wrong.

1. For me: end of lesson, without fail, i will take out my card and book my next few lessons with him. The card is important not just for him to indicate the timing and date but most importantly, he has to sign to acknowlege that he received my payment.

2. To know what are the slots available, he will open his diary/ appointment book. And I will definitely look at it and choose the better timing/ dates. And I will watch him fill up my name in the correct time slot and date. And obviously, i will also check my card to ensure that it tallies.

yes, definitely changing PDI, no doubt.

and i don't peek/look at his diary, don't have this habit. besides, i have DOUBLE-confirm, repeating the date & time each time I book my lesson. he did not request the card from me probably becos i have not paid him yet. he said i could do a bank transfer.

before doing the bank transfer, i again, double-confirm by calling him up, making sure the 6pm slot has NOT been taken up. at the same time, i made appointment for another 3 slots for the next 2 weeks at my usual 4pm slot.

i think this is where he could have confused himself, by indicating all 4 slots at 4pm!! if not, i really duno why he wrote mine as 4pm instead of 6pm for today's lesson.

or, he might have given up my slot to someone who paid him before i made transfer. in any case, i did confirm whether 6pm slot is still vacant before i paid. so where went wrong??!!

i'm pissed becos i'm a serious learner. i was NEVER late for any of my previous lessons. and i paid in advance for 3 more lessons! why can't he compromise? why does he spoke in such STERN tone that i WASTED his time & fees will be FORFEITED no matter what! there's also a possibility that he wrote wrongly right?? he's not a saint!

i had to wait 2 weeks plus for my 1st lesson. + another 2 weeks in between my lessons becos he is always fully booked. i could have progress so much more else where but i waited! talk about who is wasting whose time here!

:mad:

initez

Reaction score
straberrytomb, sorry to hear that. I guess that's what happens when we decide to get our own PDI. I'm still finding mine. Not been easy finding the right one so far. Would have gone for the school, but i've already had driving experience in the army.

lovehatez

Reaction score
looking for a pte instructor.. just got my pdl, (ex army-driver but never get license)

stays in whampoa (balestier area)
prefer fetch and send
ssdc or cdc also can.

please pm me or drop me a message 91838430 KEN..

thanks

sportage

Reaction score
Private Driving instructor near Jurong East

Hi,

I am looking for private driving instructor near Toh Guan Road for 3A license. I am free on Sat & Sun.
Can anyone recommend a good instructor.
Thanks

DogClutch

Reaction score

Next time dont put inside ur bag. before u go in the car, hold the card in ur hand and give it to him before the start of lesson. he will then clip to the front pocket of the car. like that no need worry of him not writing on ur card.. :)

Last edited:

straberrytomb

Reaction score
Next time dont put inside ur bag. before u go in the car, hold the card in ur hand and give it to him before the start of lesson. he will then clip to the front pocket of the car. like that no need worry of him not writing on ur card.. :)

no more next time, already told him i won't be learning from him anymore. :)

katoboy

Reaction score
Looking for Auto PDI pick up at Serangoon, any good recommendations? Please sms me at 90220122 !

teddymouse

Reaction score
do u all recommend sch or private at BBDC for manual?
me trying to learn but hvn decide whether to take sch or private..
any gd driving instructors for manual at BBDC to recommend?will appreciate it alot if i could hv their contacts. thanks alot
by the way,watz the estimate cost for sch and private respectively and is there any data regarding their passing rate?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.