HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Subaru Forester or Mazda CX-5

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #46
Master Member

Itís very true Mazda AD servicing is expensive and IMO not worth it. Do outside workshop can easily save 50%. Subaru AD servicing also expensive but not as crazy.

What really turns me off at Mazda is that my service officer who dgaf, some others are much better and can plainly see the difference.
I find outside workshop better than tek, cheaper somemore.

The original spare parts or oem can buy from stocklist. I changed my wheelbearing cw wheel hub, plus installation only $275 including alightment, but if u go AD confirm x 3 times.

Fyi, i change the wheelbearing because i run over a pc of thick wood
Kia7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 02:55 AM   #47
High Supremacy Member

Why ppl say awd not useful in Sg?
Shutterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 08:30 AM   #48

Unless u go offroad.. else awd or 4wd is practically not useful

Why ppl say awd not useful in Sg?
iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 08:37 AM   #49
High Supremacy Member

Unless u go offroad.. else awd or 4wd is practically not useful
not sure if you have driven a subaru before
1) take off feels different. it feels like the whole car move together, instead of head pulling the tail. more obvious on slopes are expressways.
2) on wet weather, which is not uncommon in Sg, given same tyre between AWD and non AWD, those who drive Subbies will know how stable it is to drive.

these practical points are something that when you drive subbies, then u go back drive FF, you know
Old 16-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #50

E only subaru i drove before is Legacy🤣🤣 for a short trip..

Yeah i know good for slippery road due to more traction provided by awd but most cars today aredy have e relevant tech to deal with it.. n how slippery is sg road to begin with and we dun snow. So personally i find it not practical.

e set up of awd or 4wd is more complex than 2wd.. i.e. u may need pay more for repair if smthg happen (touchwood)

Also it increase ur fc cos e engine need more power to move 4 instead of 2 wheels

not sure if you have driven a subaru before
1) take off feels different. it feels like the whole car move together, instead of head pulling the tail. more obvious on slopes are expressways.
2) on wet weather, which is not uncommon in Sg, given same tyre between AWD and non AWD, those who drive Subbies will know how stable it is to drive.

these practical points are something that when you drive subbies, then u go back drive FF, you know
iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 11:00 AM   #51
High Supremacy Member

E only subaru i drove before is Legacy🤣🤣 for a short trip..

Yeah i know good for slippery road due to more traction provided by awd but most cars today aredy have e relevant tech to deal with it.. n how slippery is sg road to begin with and we dun snow. So personally i find it not practical.

e set up of awd or 4wd is more complex than 2wd.. i.e. u may need pay more for repair if smthg happen (touchwood)

Also it increase ur fc cos e engine need more power to move 4 instead of 2 wheels
FC deltas prolly result in $20-40 a month?
on the greater scale of things, that amount really doesn't translate much to most car owners who drive not for livinghood.
Old 16-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #52
Master Member

Well if i had a choice, i will buy AWD for my car. It improves grip thus translates to safety. Esp since i heavy foot, need to gŕrrrrrip corners more. Lol.
mel1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #53

Haiz...

As TS I thought I already constrained the discussion to the captioned subject cars. If deviate also within similar price range...hijacked with continental car, has a dilution effect to the confirmation bias we are forming here. If possible should just compare to cars of the same price range c.10%.

Without such constraint, next Lamborghini SUV will be brought up and it becomes a fantasy discussion.
crazythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 08:36 PM   #54
Master Member

This is a open to all views. Different ppl different strokes. Now TS more headache. Better you avoid asking online on such topic. lolz
myviowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 08:07 AM   #55
Master Member

Forester over teh overpriced cx5....they trying to maintain a premium feel for Mazda but chiu wanna sell time....chiu suffer depreciation more than teh forester and same category jap cars
warr likes this.
bwaysaikryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 10:22 AM   #56

FC deltas prolly result in $20-40 a month?
on the greater scale of things, that amount really doesn't translate much to most car owners who drive not for livinghood.
TS run road alr?

My first car was an old Subaru, though I loved its looks, I felt that AWD was unnecessary in SG. Fuel consumption is high and it is slow, really slow (mine was a 1.6M)

The boxer engine felt dated, it seems like Toyota Honda etc. has moved on with the times whereas Subaru is still stuck with their early 2000 technology. Moving on to a FF car, the car feels more eager to move off the line, albeit the handling is not as good as a Subaru.
warr likes this.
Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 10:50 AM   #57
Supremacy Member

My first car was a Subaru, yes driving is stable but I also never chiong like crazy especially around a corner.

Now driving a Mazda, which is know for good handling, can feel the difference but easy to mitigate.

As long know how to drive safely within the car's limit, I don't think AWD is necessary considering the fuel consumption and like some mentioned more parts that may break though my Subaru lasted 10 years without any power train issue, only air con problem. As long as you like the way the car drives, the above can be ignored.
warr likes this.
Conan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 05:00 PM   #58

Should consider outlander too. Me from wish to sienta to outlander...
Specs, FC, power is sufficient. But would be good if they hv 4wd for the 2.0 sg version.
frozted12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #59
Master Member

Should consider outlander too. Me from wish to sienta to outlander...
Specs, FC, power is sufficient. But would be good if they hv 4wd for the 2.0 sg version.
SG don't really need 4WD/AWD, good tyres matter the most.
Old 23-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #60
Master Member

SG don't really need 4WD/AWD, good tyres matter the most.
Different ppl different stroke...
myviowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.