www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Cars & Cars (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/)
-   -   Subaru Forester or Mazda CX-5 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/subaru-forester-mazda-cx-5-a-6329565.html)

crazythen 08-07-2020 12:32 AM

Subaru Forester or Mazda CX-5

Car enthusiasts,

I am comparing the two above and couldnít cross the line. Key considerations:
- 1st car
- SUV
- Small family of 3
- Weekdays drive to send spouse to Jurong East to work and myself to CBD (from Northeast)
- occasional drive trip to Malaysia
- infant car seat rear facing (this is safer?)
- good handling and suspension
- affordable spare parts
- Reasonable fuel consumption
- good noise insulation
- safety
- eventually ideal for a family of 4
- Apple carplay

Based on the two above SUVs, which one should I opt for? Thanks.

sinistral 08-07-2020 07:14 AM

If you bring in fuel consumption, you have to strike off the Forester already. :s13:

If you don't mind a slightly smaller SUV, I would go for the CX-30 instead.

sanzhu 08-07-2020 07:31 AM

Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat Is the World's Most Powerful SUV

warr 08-07-2020 10:33 AM

CX-5: small space of essentially a 4-seater. more luxury fitting. more engaging drive. 2.0L engine for such a small car attracts unnecessarily higher road tax.

Forester: spacious interior, rugged style inside and outside, road presence. less luxurious interior than CX-5. boxer engine not efficient (not reliable in the past, but not sure now). high insurance. high fuel due to unnecessary AWD in city SG.

I'd choose Forester out of the above. Luxury interior gets old and forgotten quickly after 6 months, but space and road presence lasts forever. and CX-5 design is boring. Forester strikes out and ticks for me.

you should consider one more: Hyundai Tucson 1.6Turbo if it fits in the budget. better than CX-5 or Forester.

stylechap 08-07-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warr (Post 128304267)
you should consider one more: Hyundai Tucson 1.6Turbo if it fits in the budget. better than CX-5 or Forester.

Tarkson worse CO2 emissions of all 3
Still want to recommend

zzt231 08-07-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stylechap (Post 128306138)
Still want to recommend

Worry about emission ,buy hybrid or ev...

Posted from PCWX using never on bended knees

oddeye82 08-07-2020 12:09 PM

I think most of people donít care abt CO2 emissions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stylechap (Post 128306138)
Still want to recommend

stylechap 08-07-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzt231 (Post 128306293)
Worry about emission ,buy hybrid or ev...

Posted from PCWX using never on bended knees

Quote:

Originally Posted by oddeye82 (Post 128306912)
I think most of people don’t care abt CO2 emissions.

Let me quote him again :s13:
So both of you want to kill thousands prematurely also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by warr (Post 128186241)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq-sGQdzYGU

To quote his comment on VW Audi Skoda:
another mass extinction now: Numbers 3, 4 and 5: Volkswagen, and related shitbox brands Audi and Skoda. This is the company decided it was OK to kill thousands of people prematurely by cheating emissions regulations in a massive, global criminal conspiracy.

2359_hrs 08-07-2020 01:02 PM

Maintenance for Boxer engine is going to be more expensive in the long run. Like changing the spark plugs have to take out so many things to access the spark plugs because of the way the engine is positioned.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

warr 08-07-2020 01:04 PM

Don't bring that into the topic. Wait until the "eco friendly" gov policy allows Tesla to sell tesla3. :s13:

Anyway, you can only wish the 10K carbon tax on Tucson is well spent by the gov to promote eco practices. At the same price with the carbon tax, it's a better choice.

crazythen 08-07-2020 01:47 PM

Quote:

CX-5: small space of essentially a 4-seater. more luxury fitting. more engaging drive. 2.0L engine for such a small car attracts unnecessarily higher road tax.

Forester: spacious interior, rugged style inside and outside, road presence. less luxurious interior than CX-5. boxer engine not efficient (not reliable in the past, but not sure now). high insurance. high fuel due to unnecessary AWD in city SG.

I'd choose Forester out of the above. Luxury interior gets old and forgotten quickly after 6 months, but space and road presence lasts forever. and CX-5 design is boring. Forester strikes out and ticks for me.

Thanks. I will take a look at Tucson. The be fair I was looking at CRV and RAV4 as well before eliminating them for various reasons. The CX5 caught my attention. There is some novelty to the interior and exterior as well as the handling and ride. However, as a family car I am just concerned with the rear space. Particularly to fit in infant seat, rear facing. I am not keen on the eboxer though because you lose a spare tyre which is important for road trips in Msia.

Though is not politically and morally correct to say I am not worried about CO2 emission, I believe as an individual I have a negligible impact.

crazythen 08-07-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2359_hrs (Post 128308249)
Maintenance for Boxer engine is going to be more expensive in the long run. Like changing the spark plugs have to take out so many things to access the spark plugs because of the way the engine is positioned.

Thanks. Another reason to worry. But I heard they are ready to offer for 10 years warranty.

crazythen 08-07-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinistral (Post 128301082)
If you bring in fuel consumption, you have to strike off the Forester already. :s13:

If you don't mind a slightly smaller SUV, I would go for the CX-30 instead.

Is the Forrestsr FC really that bad? The eboxer is supposed to mitigate this, but it comes with its own problem that I am not ready to commit.

ktyandkyc 08-07-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazythen (Post 128309414)
Thanks. I will take a look at Tucson. The be fair I was looking at CRV and RAV4 as well before eliminating them for various reasons. The CX5 caught my attention. There is some novelty to the interior and exterior as well as the handling and ride. However, as a family car I am just concerned with the rear space. Particularly to fit in infant seat, rear facing. I am not keen on the eboxer though because you lose a spare tyre which is important for road trips in Msia.

Though is not politically and morally correct to say I am not worried about CO2 emission, I believe as an individual I have a negligible impact.

Y eliminate rav4? Harrier?

Sent from Xiaomi MI A3 using GAGT

2359_hrs 08-07-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazythen (Post 128309453)
Thanks. Another reason to worry. But I heard they are ready to offer for 10 years warranty.

That's for the engine block only right? The wear and tear parts like belts, chains, engine mounts, all these will cost more in terms of labor

Also the previous gen Forester are famous for aircon compressor failure and lower arm also wear out prematurely. Not sure whether they rectify for current gen. All these even if covered by warranty is quite frustrating and time consuming.

estoppel 08-07-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazythen (Post 128309414)

Correct me if i am wrong but the interior space is almost similar to the mazda 3. Basically a mazda 3 on stilts.

I currently own a mazda 3 with a rear facing childseat and boy it's pretty cramp for the front passenger since i have to shift the seat forward to allow the child seat to rotate. It's comfortable if it's just my wife, my kid and me. Anymore passengers and it is going to be cramp.

This is 1 of the main factor that drove me to change my car.

crazythen 08-07-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estoppel (Post 128312378)
Correct me if i am wrong but the interior space is almost similar to the mazda 3. Basically a mazda 3 on stilts.

I currently own a mazda 3 with a rear facing childseat and boy it's pretty cramp for the front passenger since i have to shift the seat forward to allow the child seat to rotate. It's comfortable if it's just my wife, my kid and me. Anymore passengers and it is going to be cramp.

This is 1 of the main factor that drove me to change my car.

I suspect so. If another child is on the way, I can assure you, the rear space will be particularly challenging given your spouse will have to sit in between car seats. Any of those rear facing, or both, it will be an unpleasant ride. I almost cross the line for CX5 but this one thought keeps me on the sideline for this recent bid (anyway given where COE closed today, I will not make it with my bid in mind. Lol).

evening 09-07-2020 02:35 AM

Nope CX5 is a lot more spacious than Mazda3. I have driven and being driven in a CX5 long distance couple of times, very comfortable. It was a 2.0, decent ride, but not to my liking because not torquey at all. Only test drove Mazda3 before and the rear space is really cramped. Mazda3’s roominess should be compared with CX3 I think.

Frankly, I think any car center rear seat will be cramped if there r 2 child seats. Perhaps need an Alphard to make it more desirable. Maybe Noah, Odyssey, Sharan will be ok too.

Conan1986 09-07-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

CX-5 small?! I think you mistook it for the CX-3 issit?

Subaru has got better safety with eyesight, better handling with AWD, higher fuel consumption. Forester priced very competitive unless you're going for the e-boxer, which will help with fuel consumption.

CX-5 safety features comes with higher trims I think?

For child seat, rear facing is required when child is required when they are under 6 months, after that depend on weight and height you can transit to normal car seat. You may wanna invest in those which can adapt as they grow.

Forester in terms of price makes the better choice, but CX-5 has got a premium feel to it. Sometimes car ownership isn't just about better money sense, most important thing is your feel when you see and drive it. Just test both extensively and buy the one you like.

warr 09-07-2020 12:53 PM

CX-5 is small, more of 4 seater in the segment it's competing, in the likes of RAV4, CRV, Forester. Middle rear seat is for a teenager sized person. I didn't mean CX-3, which is not in this comparison.

crazythen 09-07-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan1986 (Post 128332875)
CX-5 small?! I think you mistook it for the CX-3 issit?

Subaru has got better safety with eyesight, better handling with AWD, higher fuel consumption. Forester priced very competitive unless you're going for the e-boxer, which will help with fuel consumption.

CX-5 safety features comes with higher trims I think?

For child seat, rear facing is required when child is required when they are under 6 months, after that depend on weight and height you can transit to normal car seat. You may wanna invest in those which can adapt as they grow.

Forester in terms of price makes the better choice, but CX-5 has got a premium feel to it. Sometimes car ownership isn't just about better money sense, most important thing is your feel when you see and drive it. Just test both extensively and buy the one you like.

When I sat in the CX5 driver seat, i already like it. The test drive didnít disappoint and on the contrary is one of the torqueish drive I think. However, my spouse who sat at the back the entire time didnít like the rear space. Obviously I was carried away by thinking I am buying this for myself to drive and enjoy before she reminded me is for the babies. Common sense sunk in. I measure the distance and compare against the rear facing child seat, to make it work, the front passenger will be very uncomfortable.

I am going to test drive forester to get a sense. Watched YouTube review and so far so good. Agreed decent budget, however the OMV is so low. Pros and cons but I do like the large windows and larger space. I hope the drive will be positive. Then I can cross the line.

m@maboi 09-07-2020 05:39 PM

Specs to specs, Mazda aces over forester.

Bloodboilboy 09-07-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazythen (Post 128339555)
When I sat in the CX5 driver seat, i already like it. The test drive didnít disappoint and on the contrary is one of the torqueish drive I think. However, my spouse who sat at the back the entire time didnít like the rear space. Obviously I was carried away by thinking I am buying this for myself to drive and enjoy before she reminded me is for the babies. Common sense sunk in. I measure the distance and compare against the rear facing child seat, to make it work, the front passenger will be very uncomfortable.

I am going to test drive forester to get a sense. Watched YouTube review and so far so good. Agreed decent budget, however the OMV is so low. Pros and cons but I do like the large windows and larger space. I hope the drive will be positive. Then I can cross the line.

Await your field report on forester test drive, please remember to share, thanks in advance.

Perceptor 09-07-2020 06:47 PM

Forester bigger and more spacious. Read doors open wide for mounting child seats.
Fuel consumption quite good for a SUV.
Safe and tall.

If kids still small, try the Skoda Karoq.
Safer.

givach 09-07-2020 08:30 PM

why not consider MG HS? i am interested in HS. :s13:

Conan1986 09-07-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazythen (Post 128339555)

So you haven't test drove the Forester. Give it a shot and see how you and your wife feels about it. Gotta give it to you treating your wife so well *thumbs up*

IMO I think your driving pleasure should still dictate the choice since you're the one who's gonna spend more time on the road after chauffeuring the kids and wife. But of course if your wife's gonna be upset for the next 10 years, it's not gonna work :s22: I think you need to double confirm if Forester comes with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto cause the website isn't very clear and doesn't indicate that it is compatible with either.

CX-5 top trim has got ventilated seats which is superb in our weather. Another thing to note is that CX-5 price had actually dropped alot, for the premium model, it was at $149k which makes the $128k look like a super good deal. If power is your thing, I think you can even get the 2.5L model but need to specially indent at much higher price.

ktyandkyc 09-07-2020 11:06 PM

But y no harrier or rav4????

crazythen 10-07-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan1986 (Post 128345887)
So you haven't test drove the Forester. Give it a shot and see how you and your wife feels about it. Gotta give it to you treating your wife so well *thumbs up*

IMO I think your driving pleasure should still dictate the choice since you're the one who's gonna spend more time on the road after chauffeuring the kids and wife. But of course if your wife's gonna be upset for the next 10 years, it's not gonna work :s22: I think you need to double confirm if Forester comes with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto cause the website isn't very clear and doesn't indicate that it is compatible with either.

CX-5 top trim has got ventilated seats which is superb in our weather. Another thing to note is that CX-5 price had actually dropped alot, for the premium model, it was at $149k which makes the $128k look like a super good deal. If power is your thing, I think you can even get the 2.5L model but need to specially indent at much higher price.

Yeah. Canít imagine the nagging for 10 years every time we put in the car seat.

Indeed CX5 was at going below 120k on the July bid for premium. TKE no longer carry 2.5 model. CX5 top trim is still going at 15-18k pricier than Forester.

Forester 2020 comes with apple car play.

crazythen 10-07-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktyandkyc (Post 128346179)
But y no harrier or rav4????

I tried rav4. Drive was ok. Power is good. Generous space. A tad bit disappointed with the interior for a new model. Looks like designed in the 80s. Very rugged and too much for my liking. Also the finishing with lots of basic plastic - a bit hard for me to commit.

In the showroom next to it was harrier. Only 10k pricier. No offense but it looks like a car for those in the 45s+. Not there yet. Watched some review - indeed is the best selling Toyota suv.

bwaysaikryptonite 10-07-2020 12:18 AM

dunch waste time on teh Mazda.....of all teh jap cars their selling prices always higher compared to other brands wif similar omv...they want to keep their margins high....and teh cx5 is outgoing model soon...they want to clear teh old 2019 batch and sell teh facelift at 5k more soon...those buy sure stuck when new model comes around 2022

Conan1986 10-07-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazythen (Post 128347144)
Yeah. Canít imagine the nagging for 10 years every time we put in the car seat.

Indeed CX5 was at going below 120k on the July bid for premium. TKE no longer carry 2.5 model. CX5 top trim is still going at 15-18k pricier than Forester.

Forester 2020 comes with apple car play.

Happy wife, happy life! :s12:

Actually for most people, the car seat is gonna be like there "permanently" after you install until you need to reconfigure or "upgrade" when they grow up, unless you're gonna always ferry others at the backseat without the baby. Or unless you are using those travel system which you detach and secure it every time. I used to use the travel system style, its ok but not the most secure since it doesn't use ISOfix, upgraded to a seat that suits from 0 to 7YO and never looked back.

If you really have to install/uninstall the child seat on a frequent basis, i think you really should consider Forester as the door opening is much wider which helps a lot by not getting in the way, of course you must be parked somewhere which allows the door to be fully opened to utilise this feature.

Another thing to note, for Subaru, you can't install window tint on the windscreen as it'll obstruct the eyesight cameras and will cause problem

anytime 10-07-2020 09:18 AM

Subaru drivetrain can last longer than most think and fc is probably on par with cx-5. For the safety, you will appreciate more if you go msia often with its adaptive cruise. Size is generous. Can tint front window too since MI has confirmed with jp. Subaru devised this cvt had help them to improve on FC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan1986 (Post 128347536)
Happy wife, happy life! :s12:

Actually for most people, the car seat is gonna be like there "permanently" after you install until you need to reconfigure or "upgrade" when they grow up, unless you're gonna always ferry others at the backseat without the baby. Or unless you are using those travel system which you detach and secure it every time. I used to use the travel system style, its ok but not the most secure since it doesn't use ISOfix, upgraded to a seat that suits from 0 to 7YO and never looked back.

If you really have to install/uninstall the child seat on a frequent basis, i think you really should consider Forester as the door opening is much wider which helps a lot by not getting in the way, of course you must be parked somewhere which allows the door to be fully opened to utilise this feature.

Another thing to note, for Subaru, you can't install window tint on the windscreen as it'll obstruct the eyesight cameras and will cause problem

cloudwane 10-07-2020 11:35 AM

I’m in the same boat as TS. Looked at both Forester and CX-5, in the end I went for Forester due to it’s space, safety features and best bang for bucks.

CX-5 does looks nicer and better than forester and it depends on what you want or like. For me, I went on practicality.

Window tint at the windscreen is possible and confirmed as well by MI. You can also top up a bit to get the Apple/Android headunit. Features wise, forester has its better than CX-5.

My kids are growing up in sizes and would prefer better space at the back.

crazythen 12-07-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwane (Post 128354803)
Iím in the same boat as TS. Looked at both Forester and CX-5, in the end I went for Forester due to itís space, safety features and best bang for bucks.

CX-5 does looks nicer and better than forester and it depends on what you want or like. For me, I went on practicality.

Window tint at the windscreen is possible and confirmed as well by MI. You can also top up a bit to get the Apple/Android headunit. Features wise, forester has its better than CX-5.

My kids are growing up in sizes and would prefer better space at the back.

Thanks. Exactly my predicament. I would have crossed the line with CX5 with the sportier design. But in practical sense, on you grow the family, or even with a small family but the need to ferry parents, CX5 just doesnít make the cut (CX9 is perfect but price is beyond my reach).

So I tested forester. Verdict:
1. Able to accommodate rear facing infant seat. Not one but two. If you 6foot / 180cm, you still have 1-2 inch to spare from the child seat frame.
2. Space is very generous. Can accommodate stroller, travel luggages, huge boxes without struggle.
3. Overwhelmed by the amount of info and buttons. Just too heavy information download.
4. Sunroof gives an impression the car is spacious.
5. Large windows - like omg it makes the entire car well lit for a morning / afternoon drive.
6. Felt slightly underpowered - though it is a 2.0, it takes a while to gradually pick up speed (with accelerator floored).
7. Rear seats can fit 3 adults reasonably comfortable.
8. Finishing is ďplastickyĒ. Lack of soft touches.
9. Apple CarPlay only comes with ďupgradeĒ.
10. Relatively large SUV, and if your spouse is driving this, may be a challenge.

Immediately after, I paid a visit to CX5, the rear does feel claustrophobic with a child seat. The middle seat might be too compact for a comfortable ride if an adult is seating in between. But CX5 finishing has an ďatasĒ factor undeniably.

Kia7200 12-07-2020 01:45 PM

U can try MG HS

cloudwane 12-07-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazythen (Post 128423946)
Thanks. Exactly my predicament. I would have crossed the line with CX5 with the sportier design. But in practical sense, on you grow the family, or even with a small family but the need to ferry parents, CX5 just doesnít make the cut (CX9 is perfect but price is beyond my reach).

So I tested forester. Verdict:
1. Able to accommodate rear facing infant seat. Not one but two. If you 6foot / 180cm, you still have 1-2 inch to spare from the child seat frame.
2. Space is very generous. Can accommodate stroller, travel luggages, huge boxes without struggle.
3. Overwhelmed by the amount of info and buttons. Just too heavy information download.
4. Sunroof gives an impression the car is spacious.
5. Large windows - like omg it makes the entire car well lit for a morning / afternoon drive.
6. Felt slightly underpowered - though it is a 2.0, it takes a while to gradually pick up speed (with accelerator floored).
7. Rear seats can fit 3 adults reasonably comfortable.
8. Finishing is ďplastickyĒ. Lack of soft touches.
9. Apple CarPlay only comes with ďupgradeĒ.
10. Relatively large SUV, and if your spouse is driving this, may be a challenge.

Immediately after, I paid a visit to CX5, the rear does feel claustrophobic with a child seat. The middle seat might be too compact for a comfortable ride if an adult is seating in between. But CX5 finishing has an ďatasĒ factor undeniably.

Now you would have a better comparison on both cars. Safety comes to mind with the kiddos.

I do agree that wife would have trouble driving but itís more on parking and manoeuvre Iím close spaces as there are certain multi-stories carpark which can be harder. For driving on the road, itís should be easier to accommodate as itís a matter of getting used to the car.

Coming from continental car, Iím going to try Japanese car for another time. Ultimately, itís what you want.

CX5 price is higher and Forester as well and Mazda did not give a good deal on my current car trade in as well. So thatís another consideration point for me

cloudwane 12-07-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kia7200 (Post 128423981)
U can try MG HS

Looks good!

myviowner 12-07-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwane (Post 128426707)
Looks good!

MIC car.
With the price can have lotz of other options. This brand a come back kid, suggest you wait and see.

emo3lmo 12-07-2020 10:59 PM

Buy outlander.. cheap and good
Interior dated but its value for money
Sg cnt drive too fast also
Able to cruise at 100-110 easily

Kia7200 13-07-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwane (Post 128426707)
Looks good!

Ya looks good but maybe too good to be true

mel1888 13-07-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kia7200 (Post 128423981)
U can try MG HS

This car looks good esp interior & review was pretty good. 1.5T @ 9.9s to 100kmh is quite decent. Only thing is whether people can get pass the MIC.

Kia7200 13-07-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel1888 (Post 128456357)
This car looks good esp interior & review was pretty good. 1.5T @ 9.9s to 100kmh is quite decent. Only thing is whether people can get pass the MIC.

Ya, the interior looks quite conti. Low road tax with good performance

If only MG can provide a 5-10yrs warranty, and the price can be more competitive then I guess they can have more market share in SG.

dibromoethene 14-07-2020 01:06 PM

From test drive I was really impressed with forester suspension. Over bumps and drain covers the forester really shines in terms of comfort.

The low CG (boxer engine and AWD) allows them to use softer springs without sacrificing on body roll.

Also if you prefer agent servicing, Mazda definitely not the cheapest. For example, 60k servicing for mazda3 is about $800. Regular service is about $300. May be good idea to negotiate for servicing package until warranty over.

Spare parts wise I hear from mechanics that mazda parts tend to be more expensive. But couldn't verify as the parts seem to last very long.

Conan1986 14-07-2020 01:26 PM

Itís very true Mazda AD servicing is expensive and IMO not worth it. Do outside workshop can easily save 50%. Subaru AD servicing also expensive but not as crazy.

What really turns me off at Mazda is that my service officer who dgaf, some others are much better and can plainly see the difference.

myviowner 14-07-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dibromoethene (Post 128470288)
From test drive I was really impressed with forester suspension. Over bumps and drain covers the forester really shines in terms of comfort.

The low CG (boxer engine and AWD) allows them to use softer springs without sacrificing on body roll.

Also if you prefer agent servicing, Mazda definitely not the cheapest. For example, 60k servicing for mazda3 is about $800. Regular service is about $300. May be good idea to negotiate for servicing package until warranty over.

Spare parts wise I hear from mechanics that mazda parts tend to be more expensive. But couldn't verify as the parts seem to last very long.

The a/c con parts - 3 years up lorry. Hearsay from air con shop.
My colleague ride, NA version, 3rd +, cooling coil up lorry. Thirsty car as is heavy.

Kia7200 14-07-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan1986 (Post 128470718)
Itís very true Mazda AD servicing is expensive and IMO not worth it. Do outside workshop can easily save 50%. Subaru AD servicing also expensive but not as crazy.

What really turns me off at Mazda is that my service officer who dgaf, some others are much better and can plainly see the difference.

I find outside workshop better than tek, cheaper somemore.

The original spare parts or oem can buy from stocklist. I changed my wheelbearing cw wheel hub, plus installation only $275 including alightment, but if u go AD confirm x 3 times.

Fyi, i change the wheelbearing because i run over a pc of thick wood

Shutterbox 16-07-2020 02:55 AM

Why ppl say awd not useful in Sg?

iceraider 16-07-2020 08:30 AM

Unless u go offroad.. else awd or 4wd is practically not useful

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutterbox (Post 128505005)
Why ppl say awd not useful in Sg?

Shutterbox 16-07-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceraider (Post 128506248)
Unless u go offroad.. else awd or 4wd is practically not useful

not sure if you have driven a subaru before
1) take off feels different. it feels like the whole car move together, instead of head pulling the tail. more obvious on slopes are expressways.
2) on wet weather, which is not uncommon in Sg, given same tyre between AWD and non AWD, those who drive Subbies will know how stable it is to drive.

these practical points are something that when you drive subbies, then u go back drive FF, you know :)

iceraider 16-07-2020 10:38 AM

E only subaru i drove before is Legacy🤣🤣 for a short trip..

Yeah i know good for slippery road due to more traction provided by awd but most cars today aredy have e relevant tech to deal with it.. n how slippery is sg road to begin with and we dun snow. So personally i find it not practical.

e set up of awd or 4wd is more complex than 2wd.. i.e. u may need pay more for repair if smthg happen (touchwood)

Also it increase ur fc cos e engine need more power to move 4 instead of 2 wheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutterbox (Post 128506343)
not sure if you have driven a subaru before
1) take off feels different. it feels like the whole car move together, instead of head pulling the tail. more obvious on slopes are expressways.
2) on wet weather, which is not uncommon in Sg, given same tyre between AWD and non AWD, those who drive Subbies will know how stable it is to drive.

these practical points are something that when you drive subbies, then u go back drive FF, you know :)