HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tampering of Odometer

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #571
Supremacy Member

In the eyes of law, have to go thru long process. By what you mentioned simply summon the Mazda tech? Mazda SG have to consult Mazda HQ and they do have own legal team to represent.
The owner (A legal practice himself) knows it and rather close the case than escalate it, else by the time another 2-3 years passby.

Personally, for such new car, i would validate with AD before committing the purchase. Yes, this is one of the risk of buying used ride when coming to mileage.
Ya the dealers know this and gamble that u will give up. For sure Mazada won't be so helpful....I think...typically is gonna troublesome drag drag...then if lose pay all...so Luigi even more. So with this the dealers will fug care u and tell u wanna sue me go ahead....quite strong evidence but technically was brought in the make it difficult for the plaintiff so...the scale is tilted.
Bieffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 09:01 PM   #572
Supremacy Member

Long long time ago I wrote in to police to report a case.. they also can't be bothered.
But this was like 15 or more years ago

That is why dealers continue to "cheat"
They will never bother....will not affect them...won't cause any major issues. Is like Sim Lim saga...we all know there many shop that sell camera etc has tricks...known secret but nothing was done until it made the head lines. Reactive not pro active.
A simple step to have ode reading recorded during inspection will be good enuff...but they won't do it. Why?
Bieffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 10:01 PM   #573
High Supremacy Member

No need to be so serious about this. Sg car business is a huge Ponzi, starting with the moment u buy a car, from gov, dealers, banks, insurance companies.

Correcting this issue doesn't impact anything. no point in doing it. If finding the car industry an unjust place, best is not even touching any car at all.
warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #574
Master Member

I call PML before. They didnít want to reveal. So I didnít buy the BM.
I lucky lor. I called in to CnC. They revealed the last recorded KM on the ride.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM   #575
Master Member

Long long time ago I wrote in to police to report a case.. they also can't be bothered.
But this was like 15 or more years ago

That is why dealers continue to "cheat"
Yeah, this is the reality.
Unless you knew someone inside and or letter issued by a law firm to the authority.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #576

I lucky lor. I called in to CnC. They revealed the last recorded KM on the ride.
I was lucky too. Called into KMC when buying my 2nd hand Tucson few years back, and the Cust Svc revealed the KM during the last servicing.

But do take note, dealers can also work around this too. They can adjust the Odo and then send it to AD for servicing (so that the "new" km can be recorded by AD. Be extra cautious when buying cars that dealers claimed they brought to AD for servicing "out of goodwill" after they bought over from previous owner
lion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM   #577
Master Member

I was lucky too. Called into KMC when buying my 2nd hand Tucson few years back, and the Cust Svc revealed the KM during the last servicing.

But do take note, dealers can also work around this too. They can adjust the Odo and then send it to AD for servicing (so that the "new" km can be recorded by AD. Be extra cautious when buying cars that dealers claimed they brought to AD for servicing "out of goodwill" after they bought over from previous owner
This thread name suggest, is not new and has been there since. Is so damn easy done if you know the person. This is one of the risk for getting a pre-owned ride, even from a direct owner.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #578
Supremacy Member

I call PML before. They didnít want to reveal. So I didnít buy the BM.
Usually most dont reveal unless you know someone inside.
m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #579
Supremacy Member

More like police doesnít want to catch.
If u want to eliminate this issue, catch the one who do the tampering for these dealers. Go for the root and issue harsh punishment for them if caught doing so.
m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.