Tesla Now Available in Singapore

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
A road tax rebate means that I pay road tax and I get it back.
There is no such thing happening with the implementation of the revised road tax formula for EVs.
It is just that there is a not so large reduction in road tax from what used to be charged in 2020 and the reduction will be even lesser as we hit 2022 and 2023. There is absolutely no rebate given.

Furthermore there is no licence fee. The fee you are citing is basically to collect a petrol fuel tax from EVs because the car does not use petrol (yes I know it doesn't make sense). Basically, they just created some lame excuse to tax EV buyers on something.

Last edited:

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True that applies also in SG context? is hard to believe lor:s13::s13::s13:

Possible. Because Tesla don’t really do major refreshes like other brands. So buying an older Tesla don’t actually feel that much different vs newer ones.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
For new orders starting today, Model 3 delivery schedule has fallen back to "by Mid 2021". Seems there are enough initial orders to fill the first "12-14 weeks" shipment.

Well done people.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For new orders starting today, Model 3 delivery schedule has fallen back to "by Mid 2021". Seems there are enough initial orders to fill the first "12-14 weeks" shipment.

Well done people.

eh...actually now already 1 week to March. 12-14 weeks is 3.5 months
also around mid June. aka Mid 2021.

OMV is already on LTA site, already paid custom duties i supposed .
First batch somewhere in SG ler.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
eh...actually now already 1 week to March. 12-14 weeks is 3.5 months
also around mid June. aka Mid 2021.

OMV is already on LTA site, already paid custom duties i supposed .
First batch somewhere in SG ler.

The Jan 2021 OMV for Tesla Model 3 on LTA's website is not for the official Model 3 sold to consumers by Tesla.com

Probably parallel importers or Tesla itself (management unit).

Tesla works on a BTO basis.
If you place an order, then they start building it in Shanghai. Hence, 12-14 weeks delivery previously. i.e. the first batch is NOT in Singapore already.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
First post updated with a better price estimate and likely car insurance cost (likely to be higher than what i have written in tentatively).

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Jan 2021 OMV for Tesla Model 3 on LTA's website is not for the official Model 3 sold to consumers by Tesla.com

Probably parallel importers or Tesla itself (management unit).

Tesla works on a BTO basis.
If you place an order, then they start building it in Shanghai. Hence, 12-14 weeks delivery previously. i.e. the first batch is NOT in Singapore already.

ah....that is right too.

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think can chill about getting tesla now. Their giga Shanghai is ramping up production. Even Elon musk shared in his 'the verge' interview that best time to buy is at the beginning of production or at steady stage.

This explains the recent issue between tesla and the China regulators.

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think can chill about getting tesla now. Their giga Shanghai is ramping up production. Even Elon musk shared in his 'the verge' interview that best time to buy is at the beginning of production or at steady stage.

This explains the recent issue between tesla and the China regulators.

When is a quick setup to meet demand, hicupps usually surface on the final product. In this case, is the cars.
Again, Singaporeans been KS as usual

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When is a quick setup to meet demand, hicupps usually surface on the final product. In this case, is the cars.
Again, Singaporeans been KS as usual

Soon will see Singapore people posting their seats are not attached to their tesla, door misalignment and condemning this brand. But I rather have an unattached seats than ev software problems (from some big companies).

Think worth waiting to see solid state battery can solve state of health issue in hot climate.

Last edited:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think with the recent rebates probably other brands will be more willing to bring in their EV offerings. And if by 2030 those chargers figures are on target, even if the battery is not as long lasting as the tesla's it dun matter.

Doing 300-400 km a day probably only a small portion of the car population excluding the PHV n taxi

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soon will see Singapore people posting their seats are not attached to their tesla, door misalignment and condemning this brand. But I rather have a unattached seats than ev software problems (from some big companies).

Think worth waiting to see solid state battery can solve state of health issue in hot climate.

There are couple of dudes here placed the order for this. Lets wait for their feedback.

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Existing automobile brands in Singapore might have brought in or preparing to bring in their ev lineup.

Personally, if money is not issue, taycan, tesla and i3 seemed to be better in reliability for their drivetrain.

If money is issue, electric mrt is the best.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Price recently cut by US$1,000 in the USA.

Wonder if Singapore will get it.

cubana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like anything batt powered, its batt lifespan degrades. Looks like model 3 batt degrades 7-8% after 2yrs, u can google for info

Capitalist

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like anything batt powered, its batt lifespan degrades. Looks like model 3 batt degrades 7-8% after 2yrs, u can google for info

No biggie to me.

Akin to a normal petrol car’s fuel consumption ‘deteriorating’ over time.

Normal ‘fair, wear & tear’ to me.

Am keen to change to one when it arrives.

Attractive price point too.

Capitalist

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How high is the yearly depreciation, $30k/yr for a basic model and $40k for the top end one? What is the warranty for battery, if battery least than 80% will replace?

What did you score for Mathematics ah?

How you arrive at $30-40K pa depre?

Or you spouted without reading the article/news?

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What did you score for Mathematics ah?

How you arrive at $30-40K pa depre?

Or you spouted without reading the article/news?

lol jin satki 160k car can get 30k depre :s22:

but it's true lah depre is higher than similarly priced ice cars due to the rebates gotten

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.