Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2021, 09:43 PM   #256

Any idea if the model Y will be coming to SG
jerseystronghk likes this.
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 11:05 PM   #257

Any idea if the model Y will be coming to SG
We will probably be behind on priority to UK, Australia and Japan and likely HK too. Market here too small for them to give two hoots.
Old 24-02-2021, 12:50 AM   #258
Arch-Supremacy Member

At least 3k for insurance, another 3.2k for road tax

Probably another rich man car
Stallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 01:17 AM   #259

Guess another few years then.

Saw an article only model 3, S and X coming.

We will probably be behind on priority to UK, Australia and Japan and likely HK too. Market here too small for them to give two hoots.
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 05:48 AM   #260
Supremacy Member

At least 3k for insurance, another 3.2k for road tax

Probably another rich man car
Agreed... from the comments here can see liao. Staying Condo or landed mostly.
Plus over news knew only saying starting to install charging stations in condos but no hear plans sayings in mscp though the govt says charging stations infra will be expanded.
The fleets companies not even wana take it up since EV is available yrs ago and the byd thingy also closed down.
Not for mass market i think. Let the hype subside first as sinkie loves new stuffs.
Hopes not another cng saga again.
Lolz
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #261

Agreed... from the comments here can see liao. Staying Condo or landed mostly.
Plus over news knew only saying starting to install charging stations in condos but no hear plans sayings in mscp though the govt says charging stations infra will be expanded.
The fleets companies not even wana take it up since EV is available yrs ago and the byd thingy also closed down.
Not for mass market i think. Let the hype subside first as sinkie loves new stuffs.
Hopes not another cng saga again.
Lolz
The car manufacturers are being pressed by overseas emission and other policies. Hence, it will not be surprised that they eventually would have ev as most of their fleets. Unlike the cng and hydrogen vehicles where overseas infrastructure are lacking, the supporting infrastructure and financial subsidies for ev are relatively better. If overseas government continues to press these car manufacturers, final decision for motorist could be ev or public transport.

For now, it could be good to enjoy the last 1 or 2 decades of ice vehicles, no rush to jump into the bandwagon of ev.

Never know whether the favouring of ev over ice vehicle was a strategy to up the benchmark of owning a car locally. Public transport is the main focus in Singapore. An expensive car will either remain expensive or become more expensive locally.
LoUsyGamER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 01:48 PM   #262

I will installing EV chargers islandwide, not Tesla chargers tho. Here are some details you may want to know.

Tesla Singapore introduced Model 3 in 2 flavours and their maximum onboard chargers (for AC to DC Conversion) capacity is as follows:
1. Standard Range Plus - 7.2KW
2. Performance - 11KW

The home installation for Tesla Chargers will be AC chargers. The maximum limit for their charges are 16A, 3 Phase, which works back to 11KW. Depending on your available capacity for your
Home Electrical Installation and the model 3 that you have ordered, you can cater for an appropriate sized isolator in anticipation for Tesla installer.

Unless you are driving long hours, you really donít have to worry about charging speed. A typical 7.2KW AC charger can get your Model 3 from 0 to 100% charge in 8-9hours. You probably need to plug in once a week if you drive mainly to work.
Does this mean that Tesla won't be able to fully utilise SP's 43kW AC charger?

How about SP's 50kW DC charger?
denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 02:04 PM   #263
Supremacy Member

The car manufacturers are being pressed by overseas emission and other policies. Hence, it will not be surprised that they eventually would have ev as most of their fleets. Unlike the cng and hydrogen vehicles where overseas infrastructure are lacking, the supporting infrastructure and financial subsidies for ev are relatively better. If overseas government continues to press these car manufacturers, final decision for motorist could be ev or public transport.

For now, it could be good to enjoy the last 1 or 2 decades of ice vehicles, no rush to jump into the bandwagon of ev.

Never know whether the favouring of ev over ice vehicle was a strategy to up the benchmark of owning a car locally. Public transport is the main focus in Singapore. An expensive car will either remain expensive or become more expensive locally.
Yeah, i dun see our neighboring countries so much pushing on these ev thingy except here. Singapore always wana be the first as usual and a small market to begin with. As much, what we want to see in a ev (design, spec...ect) will never be heard by the manufacturer for sure.
myviowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 02:17 PM   #264

Yeah, i dun see our neighboring countries so much pushing on these ev thingy except here. Singapore always wana be the first as usual and a small market to begin with. As much, what we want to see in a ev (design, spec...ect) will never be heard by the manufacturer for sure.
Haha. True about neighbouring countries. If I stay in our nearby countries, I won't be scared of the sudden change. As technology matures, maybe no need to even install the ac chargers, I could just plug in from home wall socket through a converter.

Headache of high rise housing.
LoUsyGamER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:31 PM   #265

Will be fine.

Does this mean that Tesla won't be able to fully utilise SP's 43kW AC charger?

How about SP's 50kW DC charger?
Should work find using the CCS charger heads from Shell Recharge and SP. Donít forget Tesla is quite aggressive w their own supercharger rollouts and dense locations mean its easier to blanket a place (see HK as example)

To note: weíre getting the new LFP based batteries from the Shanghai factory, latest software upgrades suggests decently fast charging, especially in warmer climate such as ours.

Just check the reddit threads from actual owners in harsher conditions, lots of misinformation here...
jerseystronghk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #266

Only in europe. China. Americas r pushing ev hard and harder than sg.

Our neighbours produce oil mah. So no incentive to cheong ev but eventually will have to when all the resr doing so.

Critical is still getting the infra up to support ev.

And yeah. Peob 5yrs down the road. Cost to make ev will be like cost to make petrol diesel cars. When batteries prices comes down hard presumeably.

But i still tink sg will price cars high. Ll one.
spurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #267

Anyone received any updates from Tesla SG? Can anyone confirm if it will come with onboard mobile charger?
myth_shenhua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #268

Anyone received any updates from Tesla SG? Can anyone confirm if it will come with onboard mobile charger?
The agent said they were not including UMC units at the moment since it was their judgement that most owners would not be able to utilize it since they don't have access to an outlet (her words not mine), and have priced down accordingly. They're focused more on getting the superchargers up at the moment.

I guess this cohort is more HDB/condo owners than landed owners? Who knows.

You can always get a 3-prong off the HK Tesla store under Model 3 Upgrades & Accessories Brochure. It's about 5K HKD

(HWZ won't let me post a URL sorry)

Last edited by jerseystronghk; Yesterday at 05:56 PM..
jerseystronghk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #269

The agent said they were not including UMC units at the moment since it was their judgement that most owners would not be able to utilize it since they don't have access to an outlet (her words not mine), and have priced down accordingly. They're focused more on getting the superchargers up at the moment.

You can always get a 3-prong off the HK Tesla store under Model 3 Upgrades & Accessories Brochure. It's about 5K HKD

Thatís a pricey sum... looks like I will hold on my decision to make the reservation.

Had originally planned to install an electrical outlet and charge at home which will be a great cost saving.
myth_shenhua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #270
Supremacy Member

whahahah really bare borns model 3. charger also don't give. Who do they think they are, Porsche?
cubana is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.