Things you need to know about car insurance

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Car Ins. premiums hv escalate a lot over the last 2 yrs, with some new players. I heard 1 company quote my frd's RX8 $8,000, ( wtf, so much meh??) Company B quote $4,800, (so much difference?) Another co. officially refuse to quote her. (got such thing meh, she no bad record what)

Need to renew insurance, updating latest deals.
Which are the most competitively priced insurance company now?

Last edited:

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Just bought from Aviva online. Saved me $400 from my current insurer's quote for 'premier plan' which I don't need (which btw is slightly cheaper than another online quote). There is a 'go-green' option to receive the insurance cert through email which gives a $25 discount - of course I opted for it.

Thanks to artistick's post that led me to Aviva.

Last edited:

subeuro

Reaction score
Insurance

Hi frens out there, can advise me the following?

Intended to buy a used car and the dealer told me have to buy insurance from them also, else i have to give them 13% commission should i get insurance myself.

This is true?

Thanks

p9808997

Reaction score
Would like to get some insurance quotes. Below are my details.

License : <1 yr (p-plate)
Vehicle : Chevrolet Aveo5 1.4A SS (reg 2010)
Single

ahkeong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u guys can try aviva online for quote.

youngsters buy car insurance under daddy mommy is the cheapest

funnyclown

Reaction score
Which is better?

directasia.com OR aviva.com

I also noticed that when we key in one claim in the last 3 years, the online quote is higher then those that we call eg. AXA, MSIG, etc.. isn't the same for you?

Gcl123

Reaction score
hey, was wonder that the lower cc the car, the premium is lower. but why mazda rx8 is much more higher than honda integra.

famasutika

Reaction score
just to let u guys know this guide is outdated liao.

now the older your vehicle is the more expensive your insurance is

jia lat.. the older the vehicle, the more expensive the insurance premium is? i tot it's the other way round? sian liao...

frozie

Reaction score
problem with axa

dear bros, need some advices.
end of last year, i gotten into an accident. however, it wasn't my fault because my vehicle was stationary and another vehicle came hitting me from the back, pushing me forward to hit the vehicle infront. afew months after that incident, axa sent me a letter saying that my ncd will not be affected however my insurance might be claimed by the vehicle infront. immediately after receiving the letter, i was flared up and called their cs dept as once. i share the whole situation with their cso and was told that my insurance was totally not affected because i wasn't at fault and was also told not to worry.

about a month later, i planned to change my vehicle and being alittle worried about the previous incident, i called to clarify again and was told the same thing. after my cancellation of the policy at axa, i was told by the front desk that i will be getting back the remaining of the premium, which is about 1000. after waiting for 2 mths and there are no news from axa, i decided to call them. now they tell me that the vehicle infront actually did a claim on my vehicle and the remaining of the premium will be forfeited. I'm paying my insurance using a credit card and now im paying double insurances! pls advise what should i do.

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
dear bros, need some advices.
end of last year, i gotten into an accident. however, it wasn't my fault because my vehicle was stationary and another vehicle came hitting me from the back, pushing me forward to hit the vehicle infront. afew months after that incident, axa sent me a letter saying that my ncd will not be affected however my insurance might be claimed by the vehicle infront. immediately after receiving the letter, i was flared up and called their cs dept as once. i share the whole situation with their cso and was told that my insurance was totally not affected because i wasn't at fault and was also told not to worry.

about a month later, i planned to change my vehicle and being alittle worried about the previous incident, i called to clarify again and was told the same thing. after my cancellation of the policy at axa, i was told by the front desk that i will be getting back the remaining of the premium, which is about 1000. after waiting for 2 mths and there are no news from axa, i decided to call them. now they tell me that the vehicle infront actually did a claim on my vehicle and the remaining of the premium will be forfeited. I'm paying my insurance using a credit card and now im paying double insurances! pls advise what should i do.

why double insurance?

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, jus passed my tp and would like to ask some questions related to car insurance.

if my dad has a car and i will also be driving it, isit necessary for me to be added into his car's insurance as a second driver or something ?

if it is, would the cost of insurance be very high due to the reason that i jus passed my tp ?

if not necessary, would my dad be able to claim insurance in the unfortunate event that while i am driving the car, met with an accident ?

lastly, there is this section about unamed driver excess in my dad's insurance policy however after reading it i still dun quite understand what isit about, anyone can help on this ??

many thanks :):)

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, jus passed my tp and would like to ask some questions related to car insurance.

if my dad has a car and i will also be driving it, isit necessary for me to be added into his car's insurance as a second driver or something ?

if it is, would the cost of insurance be very high due to the reason that i jus passed my tp ?

if not necessary, would my dad be able to claim insurance in the unfortunate event that while i am driving the car, met with an accident ?

lastly, there is this section about unamed driver excess in my dad's insurance policy however after reading it i still dun quite understand what isit about, anyone can help on this ??

many thanks :):)

u can drive without insurance
if u wanna add as 2nd driver, it will cost higher lor

not sure about the claim tho :o

XuiteShop

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise if say i want to buy insurance under my parents name & they do not have license, is it possible to do so?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.