HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thorough Car Interior And Air Filter Cleaning?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #1

Thorough Car Interior And Air Filter Cleaning?

I posted before that my car always have fragrance when enters. And it made me giddy whenever I drive. So I changed the filter after mechanic checked that it was dirty. It improved greatly after that. I don't feel the giddiness so drastic already. But it still comes back a little.

I believe the car interior still have some of the toxi fragrance that was stuck to the car seats, and interior surfaces.. And the toxic still is there a little.

Normal air con mechanic can do thorough cleaning of the entire car interior and air con system?
Cloudchaser777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Switch the aircon mode to allow air from outside to go in. Instead of just internal circulation

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #3

Heres wat some workshop do.
Open all car doors, air con fan speed max, blast at maximum hot temp for abt 10 mins. After that switch down gradually. I guess it wld kill most of what is living in ur air flow system & some smells i guess. I had same issue when i bought 2nd hand long ago. Dude must have been smoker so they masked the smell by using those bloody lemon scent. Took me abt 6 to 9 mths juz to get rid of the smell. I never used scents for any of my rides.
mel1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #4

Heres wat some workshop do.
Open all car doors, air con fan speed max, blast at maximum hot temp for abt 10 mins. After that switch down gradually. I guess it wld kill most of what is living in ur air flow system & some smells i guess. I had same issue when i bought 2nd hand long ago. Dude must have been smoker so they masked the smell by using those bloody lemon scent. Took me abt 6 to 9 mths juz to get rid of the smell. I never used scents for any of my rides.
Wow u also felt uncomfortable, giddy for that period?

Thanks for sharing. Will try to do that..
Old 08-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Car fumigation .
Removed the ciggy smell from 2nd hand car.
elf108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #6

Car fumigation .
Removed the ciggy smell from 2nd hand car.
It is more like a fragrance smell that still stays in the car. it was much stronger when i bought it in the first week. After replacing the filter, it was better.
guess i will go for a full fumigation for the car interior...

thanks
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.