Thorough Car Interior And Air Filter Cleaning?

Reaction score
I posted before that my car always have fragrance when enters. And it made me giddy whenever I drive. So I changed the filter after mechanic checked that it was dirty. It improved greatly after that. I don't feel the giddiness so drastic already. But it still comes back a little.

I believe the car interior still have some of the toxi fragrance that was stuck to the car seats, and interior surfaces.. And the toxic still is there a little.

Normal air con mechanic can do thorough cleaning of the entire car interior and air con system?

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Switch the aircon mode to allow air from outside to go in. Instead of just internal circulation

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heres wat some workshop do.
Open all car doors, air con fan speed max, blast at maximum hot temp for abt 10 mins. After that switch down gradually. I guess it wld kill most of what is living in ur air flow system & some smells i guess. I had same issue when i bought 2nd hand long ago. Dude must have been smoker so they masked the smell by using those bloody lemon scent. Took me abt 6 to 9 mths juz to get rid of the smell. I never used scents for any of my rides.

Reaction score
Heres wat some workshop do.
Open all car doors, air con fan speed max, blast at maximum hot temp for abt 10 mins. After that switch down gradually. I guess it wld kill most of what is living in ur air flow system & some smells i guess. I had same issue when i bought 2nd hand long ago. Dude must have been smoker so they masked the smell by using those bloody lemon scent. Took me abt 6 to 9 mths juz to get rid of the smell. I never used scents for any of my rides.

Wow u also felt uncomfortable, giddy for that period?

Thanks for sharing. Will try to do that..

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Car fumigation .
Removed the ciggy smell from 2nd hand car.

Reaction score
Car fumigation .
Removed the ciggy smell from 2nd hand car.

It is more like a fragrance smell that still stays in the car. it was much stronger when i bought it in the first week. After replacing the filter, it was better.
guess i will go for a full fumigation for the car interior...

thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.