Time to disallow 'Right Turn' without the indicator shown at traffic light junction?

jfkoh

Reaction score
Think this is one of the talking point, as many suggested if the mpv speed would have been 'slower' this accident may not be fatal.

Imho, not insisting on 'right of way' but guess it is really the mpv 'right of way' ya?

Look at this in this way, if thw taxi driver would chose to wait and not to turn, this accident will be avoided.

Relying much on human's judgement seem to be kinda a bad choice at times?
If the traffic light could be cleared, indicating who's turn it is, it will be safer for all thou more time consuming but at least everyone get to reach home safely ba.

Just saw this:
https://youtu.be/WBln2iLi86M
Another case of bad judgement?

In this video, many will said the biker should be more defensive, should go slower? Etc etc..
It depend on how you drive. Cannot say he is 0% liable.

For me, if i'm driving straight going near a junction and i'm the only car i will normally slow down. Because i saw alot of idiot like to turn out suddenly. They like to assume no car for 5-10second = no car forever.

To add on, if he saw the first car turning out already, he should be more alert to slow down instead of going at such fast speed.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Last edited:

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For me, if i'm driving straight going near a junction and i'm the only car i will normally slow down. Because i saw alot of idiot like to turn out suddenly. They like to assume no car for 5-10second = no car forever.

To add on, if he saw the first car turning out already, he should be more alert to slow down instead of going at such fast speed.

True, sadly the mpv cant be 0% liable and the driver will feel guilty for sure......

To me personally; it will be said as: Being there at the wrong time and the wrong place ba.

If still want to debute about the mpv's speed then again, we can too say if the taxi will to turn out faster, the mpv would have hit the taxi's rear aka boot.

Or if the taxi will to turn out slower, the mpv would have hit the front of the taxi?

And maybe the girl will survive?

But sadly it an accident, it just cant be planned. 😭😭😭😭

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But he drove damn fast. May not even actually saw first car

lionsroar

Reaction score
They should fine those idiots behind who incessantly horn at the driver in front to turn even though there are cars approaching.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess alot of it(mentioned) are human's errors?

Like this?

https://youtu.be/geKgiCKfJjQ

Another right turn incident.
Heng the pesdestrian is alert to know he's not spotted by the car.

To reduce such error made, better to stop right-turn without indicator aka right arrow shown?

It may not be 100% fool proof as drivers may still beat red light or recklessly.

But hopefully it bring down the probability for mis-judgement to happen?

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You got brains or not? Only an idiot will think it possible to legislate your way to zero accidents. It is impossible. As long as cars are there, accidents will happen. You can ban this ban that, people will still break the rules.

This lady pax will not be the last to die in a road accident, even when we have 100% self-driving cars. You want to be safe, just stay at home.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow chill bro.
You won't know when you get fixed and banned permanently for just 3points

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You got brains or not? Only an idiot will think it possible to legislate your way to zero accidents. It is impossible. As long as cars are there, accidents will happen. You can ban this ban that, people will still break the rules.

This lady pax will not be the last to die in a road accident, even when we have 100% self-driving cars. You want to be safe, just stay at home.
Ya you got brain, only you got.
I naive de, happy?

Nothing you need to discuss further as ypu are the smartest in the country.

Thanks for your comment to make this a better world to stay in.

Meanwhile for those who been to malaysia understand better what this topic is about ba.

Clearly not a got brain no brain issue, or is it for the smartest in the house??
Lolol

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you don’t seem to catch his idea, a change in traffic timing and design will reduced the probability of accidents. While nothing cannot eliminates the incidents, a better traffic light deign will reduce the chances and therefore prevent preventable accidents from happening. I guess you don’t take statistics.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you don’t seem to catch his idea, a change in traffic timing and design will reduced the probability of accidents. While nothing cannot eliminates the incidents, a better traffic light deign will reduce the chances and therefore prevent preventable accidents from happening. I guess you don’t take statistics.

I think my suggestion like in malaysia of allowing only one direction of vehicle to move in a junction is the easiest and best solution for everyone.

What do you think?
Lolololololol

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s all about awareness and mindfulness.

If many drivers can pass this junction without issues then again it’s the driver problem for failing to anticipate the other party’s probable action

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s all about awareness and mindfulness.

If many drivers can pass this junction without issues then again it’s the driver problem for failing to anticipate the other party’s probable action

True, but many people like to try their luck after a while. Once you give a bit of flexibility/leeway,people test the limit, this applies in everything in life.
Do it once, the other party will give way.
Do it twice, no problem.
Do it N times until something happens.

Only way is to eliminate chance-takers.

What do you think?
Lololololol

iamveryguailan

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, agree with the red light turn arrow.

Sometimes I can't see, so will wait and kena horn by the car behind. Wind down window and signal for him or her to overtake me if he or she wants. End up they still guai guai queue behind me.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya man, the word used is 'reduce', for those who can see and read?
...To reduce such error made, better to stop right-turn without indicator aka right arrow shown?

It may not be 100% fool proof as drivers may still beat red light or recklessly.

But hopefully it bring down the probability for mis-judgement to happen?
Gosh thought my england language was bad, got clever people here uses london slang wor?? =p
Out of my naive world really.

Guess this is the only NO EASY answer's question in the world ba.

If relatives got conned - straight away comment they stupid. They will not feel offended. First time car buyer, do it all alone, never ask for advise, maybe dont want to look stupid. What do you expect when they meet used car salesmen for the first time?

Put it another way. If your father had to sell used cars for a living, how would you react knowing it was wrong, yet it had to be done at times to survive?

There are no easy answers.

Everyone remember to LOVE YOUR PAPA.

Back to topic for sure.

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smooth brained bonobo. I was not directing at you. Someone with frontal lobectomy might have heightened sensitivities like yourself. My focus is on dumb farks who think this country needs even more laws to prevent cross junction accidents. Maybe you are, maybe not. If you keep reacting, then perhaps your immediate ancestor was a bonobo.

We all learnt in bbdc or ssdc or cdc that we must slow down when approaching a junction. Likewise when making a turn, one must check blind spot. In this case, both parties failed to exercise safety. I have no idea what kind of statistics and what kind of junction signalling will stop this behaviour. Have you not seen enough of red light beaters? This accident was completely preventable.

Traffic signalling was designed to give a mix of speedy traffic and safety. If you want absolute safety, travel times will be increased.

If you want reduced travelling time, safety will be compromised. Whatever you propose to reduce the chance of this accident happening, make sure it does not affect the economy of our GLCs. Nobody is going to change the traffic light signalling unless it does not significantly affect economic activities. Every minute counts in logistics. One solution is simply to install average speed cameras at this junction. I dont know about those signal changes you propose, you have to calculate whether the throughput in terms of vehicular traffic remains constant. Any reduction in throughput will mean jams elsewhere.

The powers up there will not make changes because someone died here unless those changes will not require them to fatten roads elsewhere to accomodate the reduce travelling times.

It is all about money in the end.

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Blame on the taxi driver... the car going forward had the way of right...

nfshp253

Reaction score
Why are knee-jerk reactions so popular in Singapore? One or two accidents, and you guys want to ban turning across junctions? Come on.

Literally millions of people travel everyday in Singapore. One dies maybe every few weeks, and you guys want to ruin it for the rest of the population? Might as well ban give way and stop signed junctions since they lead to accidents too?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.