Uber is going off, then what are my legal options with LCR?

coolyang

Reaction score
LCR renters lip lai, what are my legal options with LCR?

(PART 1)
Dear fellow Uber drivers,

We invite existing LCR hirers who wish to join us in seeking professional legal advice against LCR.

Uber has announced last month that they shall pull out of Singapore and its Uber Apps shall stop operation by/on 8 April 2018, which now extended to 7 May.

For existing LCR hirers, many are not willing to switch over to Grab for various reasons. However, hirers are pressured to fulfil their reminding contractual period with LCR even though Uber Apps will no longer become usable in days to come.

LCR has been using various tactics to push hirers awy, including threatening to sue and scaring tactics with bouncers shouting at their facilities, etc.

Hence, we are actively doing a Class Lawsuit against LCR.

The LCR contract is between LCR and the Hirer, to use “Uber Apps” ONLY.

Unless LCR issues a new or replacement contract(to be signed and accepted by both parties), we believe that all messages or emails from Uber or Grab does not represent or replace the contract with LCR; the contract was signed with “LCR”, not “Grab” or “Uber”.

The outcomes we seek:

1. Return the cars without any penalty against the hirers.

2. Based on the agreement, the terminating party needs to compensate the other party based on the remaining contractual obligations. Which means, LCR is to compensate the hirers whom do not wish to drive with any Apps providers other than Uber Apps.

3. For those who may wish to try out Grab, we seek for a trial window period, be set out and the ability to return the vehicles without penalty if the existing hirers decided to opt out later.

Please email your full name, contact number, car plate number and contract period(with expiring date) to ExitLCR@gmail.com indicating your interest in pursuing a negotiation or a possible class action against LCR.

Thank you

ExitLCR Team (we are a group of existing LCR hirers, volunteering to help all that has been affected)

Also follow us at:
https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-is-dead-what’re-my-legal-options-with-lcr.251873/

https://www.facebook.com/Richconcepts.sg/

Last edited:

coolyang

Reaction score
(PART 2)

Collective Lawsuit Against LCR – Updates

Our effort has taken to the local TV media – Channel 8 News interviewed us and released the following news on 13 April 2018, Friday.

https://youtu.be/TMgB63TuJp4

A heavy weight lawfirm is now working on our case to help all who has written in.

For all LCR hirers who may wish the return their car to LCR without penalty, please email us your full name, contact number, car plate number and contract dates at
ExitLCR@gmail.com.

We are pursuing a Class Lawsuit against LCR for breaking the contract and lose Uber Apps. Amongst our effort, we also seek for possible damages on behalf of existing LCR hirers.
Also follow us at:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-...th-lcr.251873/

https://www.facebook.com/Richconcepts.sg/

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought grab will take them in?

Anyway nobody forced them to hire from LCR with long term contract just to have a car to drive. Did they Remember about how they can being a own boss? Make a few trips a day to offset the rental cost and basically a free car to drive.

spurman

Reaction score
Good luck guys... hope for the best..dun let lcr bully drivers anymore

sacrificium

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uber trying to suck money then leave. LCR should compensate drivers for discontinuing the Uber App.

coolyang

Reaction score

Anyway nobody forced them to hire from LCR with long term contract just to have a car to drive. Did they Remember about how they can being a own boss? Make a few trips a day to offset the rental cost and basically a free car to drive.

This is clearly NOT a case of forcing somebody to do something. It's honoring a business contract. To a greater picture, nobody is forced to do anything in Sg. Everyone here make his/her choice, the law makers and the enforcers see to it that it's fair. You have a contention in seeing people driving a hired car 12 hours on average to make a honest living?

yrh0413

Reaction score
"The LCR contract is between LCR and the Hirer, to use “Uber Apps” ONLY."

"Based on the agreement, the terminating party needs to compensate the other party based on the remaining contractual obligations. Which means, LCR is to compensate the hirers whom do not wish to drive with any Apps providers other than Uber Apps."

i am not a lawyer but if the statements above are true then you have a strong case. Good luck!

jimmylimts

Reaction score
"The LCR contract is between LCR and the Hirer, to use “Uber Apps” ONLY."

"Based on the agreement, the terminating party needs to compensate the other party based on the remaining contractual obligations. Which means, LCR is to compensate the hirers whom do not wish to drive with any Apps providers other than Uber Apps."

i am not a lawyer but if the statements above are true then you have a strong case. Good luck!

I thought the contract also say LCR can change the terms and inform the renters in writing?
Then renters just have to give 7 days notice to terminate. End of story?

hanayorisg

Reaction score

The whole be your own boss is a joke. From the beginning I knew that. This kind of business model will not last. Go and find a job, do UG part time only.

coolyang

Reaction score
The whole be your own boss is a joke. From the beginning I knew that. This kind of business model will not last. Go and find a job, do UG part time only.

On hindsight, anyone can easily say "from the beginning I knew that". Pls la, 事后诸葛亮 or Hindsight Einstein, this thread is about raising awareness and signing up to build a case against LCR, and not "see, I knew it".

Kindly, demonstrate your cleverness & gloat somewhere else.

Last edited:

iamveryguailan

Master Member
Reaction score
TBH I doubt there's a strong case

LCR did not pull out from the market. Uber did. So while the contract is to use LCR cars for uber, due to uber pulling out, LCR can opt to end the contract at max. But if you ask for LCR to compensate the Drivers, feels like the Drivers are pushing their losses to LCR under the pretext of contractual obligations.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friend, try pro bono services at various locations. State courts have one. Do bring your LCR contract to them. You only have 20mins so make sure you write down only one or two things you wish to clarify, and what you hope to achieve in the end.

I recommend you ask if your contract wih LCR has been “frustrated”. See what the lawyer on duty says.

If you are still unsure, go for a second session at another legal clinic. The same rules apply. Thereafter you may decide to pursue or not to pursue legal action against LCR (something I don’t advise you to do hastily).

Check this link for contact details:
http://probono.lawsociety.org.sg/Pages/default.aspx

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So what should lcr do with all these vehicles? They absorb all the depre and sit on losses everyday? Do u think they allow this to even happen?

2. Based on the agreement, the terminating party needs to compensate the other party based on the remaining contractual obligations. Which means, LCR is to compensate the hirers whom do not wish to drive with any Apps providers other than Uber Apps.

If i read what u wrote correctly, they are not terminating the contract. They offer the grab option but the hirers arent willing to accept.

3. For those who may wish to try out Grab, we seek for a trial window period, be set out and the ability to return the vehicles without penalty if the existing hirers decided to opt out later.

That would result in a breach of contract by the hirer?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on what you said about #3, it appears that LCR is willing to accept termination by driver (without penalty) if driving with Grab doesn’t work out. If so why not opt for this solution?

So what should lcr do with all these vehicles? They absorb all the depre and sit on losses everyday? Do u think they allow this to even happen?

If i read what u wrote correctly, they are not terminating the contract. They offer the grab option but the hirers arent willing to accept.

That would result in a breach of contract by the hirer?

jimmylimts

Reaction score
Based on what you said about #3, it appears that LCR is willing to accept termination by driver (without penalty) if driving with Grab doesn’t work out. If so why not opt for this solution?

No lah, these are the outcomes they "hope".

Basically, most viable is when CCCS allow Uber to go away, LCR will have to officially amend the contract and drivers have 7 days to reject and return car.

Last edited:

coolyang

Reaction score
ExitLCR Cause:

(Part 3)

Updates on the recent progress of our combined efforts.

Progress made:

1. The number of LCR hirers who have written in to us has exceeded expectations. More writing in to ExitLCR@gmail.com daily.

2. We have a joint effort with another group that is suing LCR for the similar reasons.

3. For hirers who have not yet submitted your complete information in full, please remember to provide us with your full name, contact, car plate and exact contract dates( Starts and Expiry). We need your information in order to assist you. Thanks!

5. We have put together a list of results that we wish to achieve. So far, the progress is encouraging. This proves that your support through facebook and other media are attracting the right audiences, hence, starting to produce positive results. Great job guys and gals!!!

6. LCR is now starting to contact some Hirers to make the following offers:

A. Write in or confirm over phone call to return car within 7 days (possibly no penalties, but LCR would not put it in writing)

B. Try out Grab Easy Rebate (100 trips for $100 incentive) for 2 weeks, then return car with no penalties and deposit return to hirer. (Again, no black and white for the no penalty and return car portion).

C. Return car directly to LCR and they will sign a document stating they have received your car. However, they might hold the deposit and reserve the right to penalize hirers later. At least one of our members have returned the car every recently and was told that there will be no penalty.

7. LCR may contact you after you fill in their form through the following links:

http://lcr.sg/no2grab

8. We will continue to work with our lawyers on the matter of compensation from LCR for losing Uber Apps resulting in lost of income while having to continue to pay for rentals.

aranor

Reaction score
best is uber drivers all return car go do some other job, clear our roads

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.