Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Like Tree3947Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #76
High Supremacy Member

Bro EJB, is the 7k a month salary true?

Old 20-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #77

Hello lao jiaos, need some inputs from you pros.

I been driving smove Uber for 2 weeks, my incentive package for each week is only $85 for 45 trips (max), never seen the guaranteed per hr rate incentive b4. Went to Uber HQ to ask, they say the incentive is diff for diff drivers.

So.. can you big bros pls share your incentive package for the week here? Especially for full-timers, i am interested to rent for LCR but scared not profitable.

Also, anyone know if Grab have variable incentive for diff drivers? And if the guaranteed peak hr rate is persistent or only available on selected weeks or to certain drivers?

Thanks bros!
Old 20-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #78
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Bro EJB, is the 7k a month salary true?
I do mostly weekends, and I take home about $1.4-1.6K monthly. Dec and Jan don't say la, cos festive ma, $2.2-2.4K (including some days take off/leave go chiong rides).

If full time, should be even better, but note I chiong 10-12 hours a day on weekends.

To get 7K, I think need to chiong the same amount of hours a day during weekdays.

If you have a family, it might not sound good, weekends I idle at home, so I decide go out make some extra cash to pay off my car loan faster. My parents don't see me much on weekends, but weekdays they get loads of me in their way of the TV
Old 20-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #79
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Hello lao jiaos, need some inputs from you pros.

I been driving smove Uber for 2 weeks, my incentive package for each week is only $85 for 45 trips (max), never seen the guaranteed per hr rate incentive b4. Went to Uber HQ to ask, they say the incentive is diff for diff drivers.

So.. can you big bros pls share your incentive package for the week here? Especially for full-timers, i am interested to rent for LCR but scared not profitable.

Also, anyone know if Grab have variable incentive for diff drivers? And if the guaranteed peak hr rate is persistent or only available on selected weeks or to certain drivers?

Thanks bros!
You joined too late. The per hour guarantee is over since Oct '16. It's replaced by boost and mainly surge.

Smove Uber is standard cashking every week. No need compare, unless you're full-time then it differs. During the guaranteed per hour, my cashking can be 20 trips, $180. D*mn song, really.

You rent from LCR, you're tied down, you need to work EVERYDAY for hours, same as Smove, you're looking at 5-6 hours to break even (rental/petrol) before you start earning.

Unless you have other use for the car, or don't mind not earning at all. Smove is a better choice for now - till the next revision in incentives (which is always downhill).

The ping should come in the form of LCR > Smove > PhV. So LCR should always get pings first, shouldn't die from renting one, but it's heavy commitment for 6months or so?
Old 20-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #80
High Supremacy Member

I do mostly weekends, and I take home about $1.4-1.6K monthly. Dec and Jan don't say la, cos festive ma, $2.2-2.4K (including some days take off/leave go chiong rides).

If full time, should be even better, but note I chiong 10-12 hours a day on weekends.

To get 7K, I think need to chiong the same amount of hours a day during weekdays.

If you have a family, it might not sound good, weekends I idle at home, so I decide go out make some extra cash to pay off my car loan faster. My parents don't see me much on weekends, but weekdays they get loads of me in their way of the TV
So take home salary 7k possible!

Old 20-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #81
EJB
High Supremacy Member

So take home salary 7k possible!
Possible, issue is, you prefer your life, kidneys or money?

Not forgetting now CPF/Medisave contribution kicks in, 7K, less cpf 36% = 4480.

4480 top up medisave, rental/petrol = $2K+. If you want to take home 7K, you work backwards, you need to hit 10K in take home fares at least.

Worth it? I dunno... my 1.4-1.6K take home is after rental/petrol.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #82
High Supremacy Member

4480 top up medisave, rental/petrol = $2K+. If you want to take home 7K, you work backwards, you need to hit 10K in take home fares at least.

Tiagong cannot deduct cost for your tax hor?

Old 20-03-2017, 06:03 PM   #83
Supremacy Member

100 is not including rental and petrol. Mine bill is 50 plus so 50 profit for 4 hours. 1 hr $12.50.
Sat drive taxi 12 hrs gross 320 . less diesel and rental 80 so profit is 240 for 12 hrs. 1 hr $20.

Uber I no take any break. Taxi I keep taking breaks.
If like facewash chiong can earn even more.

If wanna drive uber might as well go work banquet partime also smelly smelly 10 per hour. Still got free food.
No accident risk. No worry about insurance excess, Traffic summons.
Your last paragraph is absolutely correct. Bang only $4280 fly away. Think carefully. How long do u need to drive to earn back the $4280. If during that time u bang again. How. Many youngsters don't have brain to think. See people say earn $7400 and $6000 straightaway jump in.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #84
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Tiagong cannot deduct cost for your tax hor?
Cannot, the car is bought/rented by you for personal usage, no relief given.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #85
High Supremacy Member

Cannot, the car is bought/rented by you for personal usage, no relief given.
You think fair or not?
Old 20-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #86
EJB
High Supremacy Member

Your last paragraph is absolutely correct. Bang only $4280 fly away. Think carefully. How long do u need to drive to earn back the $4280. If during that time u bang again. How. Many youngsters don't have brain to think. See people say earn $7400 and $6000 straightaway jump in.
Every job has a risk, just that big or small. $4280 is small if the car is totalled. Big if it's only a scratch.

Banquet servers also have risks, dropping 3 big pots of soup for 3 tables at one go is no joke. I've seen it happen.

So, they should just go home generate revenue by watching ads which will be safer than slipping and falling with food?
Old 20-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #87

one good reminder....thanks paparazzi
Old 20-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #88
EJB
High Supremacy Member

You think fair or not?
If life is fair...

1. Who'd build your cars for you ?
2. Who'd be your kids teachers ?
3. Who'd be your Uber drivers ?
etc......

Life is never fair, and that's the way it works. Wanting life to be fair, is like wishing for all to be billionaires.

Issue is... why I'd want to work for anybody if i'm a billionaire, and you too... we'll have money, but nobody to cook for me, build my house, do my errands for me.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #89

hello anyone can advise on the procedures to drive for grab/uber? Interested to drive temporarily while i'm looking for a full time job, probably for a few weeks to a month.
so go check out smove? Can i earn if i casually drive 5/6 hours a day?
Old 20-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #90
EJB
High Supremacy Member

so go check out smove? Can i earn if i casually drive 5/6 hours a day?
Yes, ideally 8 hours might be better. Normally 4 hours used to break even only. Now might earn maybe 50-60+.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.