Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joblessman

Reaction score
It's a big problem now - Drivers income.

It's a problem to begin with actually, they started out by giving out low fare & high incentive... all these from their own pockets. Now? They might be stuck with low fare and incentive will be out of qns.

Wise one should know from start they cannot depend on Incentives long term..i think most of them are ok. Those who not prepare one are the one who KPKB i guess.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no place to hide. For passengers, it is indeed 'take it or leave it'.

----------------------------
Unhappy with inward-facing cameras in private-hire cars, cabs? Too bad for passengers

SINGAPORE - Taxi and private-hire car drivers scored a victory against fare cheats and abusive passengers with the roll-out of new rules that allow drivers to insist on the use of inward-facing video cameras.

The new rules, which kicked in on Monday (April 9), clarify the use of such cameras against the backdrop of privacy laws.

Passengers who do not want to be recorded can choose not to use the transport service, said Singapore's privacy watchdog, the Personal Data Protection Commission, in its new advisory guidelines on in-vehicle recording by transport service providers.

The National Taxi Association had been lobbying for the use of inward-facing video cameras in taxis since 2015 to tackle the problem of unruly passengers and fare evaders.

Said the association's executive adviser, labour MP Ang Hin Kee: "The cameras will provide a greater sense of security, especially for female drivers, and help resolve disputes."

Mr Ang holds the same position with the National Private Hire Vehicles Association, which represents the interests of Uber and Grab drivers.

While there has been no rule against the use of inward-facing cameras in private-hire vehicles and cabs, privacy laws have created some uncertainty.

The image or voice of a person constitutes personal data, and in 2016, the privacy watchdog started a series of closed-door consultations with taxi and private-hire driver associations, the Vehicle Rental Association, and taxi and car rental companies to address the use of such data.

After several months, the privacy watchdog, working closely with the Land Transport Authority, developed the guidelines.

Although the guidelines appear to be in favour of drivers, they also require transport service companies and drivers to abide by the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), fully in force since July 2, 2014.

For instance, the new advisories require transport service providers to display a prominent notice to inform passengers that inward-facing video cameras are deployed in the vehicle and to explain their purpose.

Drivers are not allowed to upload such videos on social media, but the videos can be used to assist in official investigations.

Passengers can request to view or to be given such recordings. The cost is borne by the transport company but if the company deems it too expensive to retrieve the recording, it can refuse the request.

Transport service providers must also put in place adequate security measures to protect consumers' personal data, or risk fines of up to $1 million under the PDPA.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...cameras-in-private-hire-cars-cabs-too-bad-for

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the number of driver dropouts will shoot up quite significantly after June/July. Some would look for new jobs or maybe even drive taxi.

It's a big problem now - Drivers income.

It's a problem to begin with actually, they started out by giving out low fare & high incentive... all these from their own pockets. Now? They might be stuck with low fare and incentive will be out of qns.

stone51

Reaction score
This one abit tricky isn't it? 1st rider no ERP, then ping to pick up 2nd rider but need to go thru ERP. Collect from 1st rider? Wont dispute ma? Collect from 2nd rider? Tot that passenger (2nd rider) need not pay ERP/toll if they are not in the car at the point of passing?

My case i only make the first rider pay for that erp. Unless there is a second erp then i make them share but first rider pay for the first erp.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one abit tricky isn't it? 1st rider no ERP, then ping to pick up 2nd rider but need to go thru ERP. Collect from 1st rider? Wont dispute ma? Collect from 2nd rider? Tot that passenger (2nd rider) need not pay ERP/toll if they are not in the car at the point of passing?
Ya erp for gs is tricky as there is no black n white on how they will b shared
Driver will determined the sharing method
So based on ur own common sense lo

If 2nd pax complain why he have to pay erp, just tell him gs will share erp
If he complain again, tell him this erp is going to pick u up so why shld the first pax pay full amt for it?
If u are the first pax, would u pay full amt?
They will diam diam one

Sometimes must shoot the pax, cannot give in de
At most u get 1 star, it doesnt matter
Driver rating go up very fast as it is calculated based on last 100 pax rating
Uber is last 500

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

Stirling69

Reaction score
Today drive down to town and exit at Havelock kenna ERP $2. Got a 1st Grabshare ping at upper circular rd, go pass ERP gantry along Eu Tong Sen kenna $1, do a U-turn kenna another $0.50 gantry before turning into upper circular road. Pick up 1st customer then got 2nd ping at armenian street. As i go through Eu Tong Seng Gantry again, passenger asked me : why i need to pay the gantry for 2nd passenger?

I asked him why do i need to pay the first two gantry charges before picking him up 😁.

Yah today quite quiet. Even grabshare mbs to dawson $10 + mbs to taka $9... this one is ard 6pm one

Last edited:

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Must share ERP. Kena this scenario before

Cyberboy128

Reaction score
7. How will ERP tolls and surcharges be split amongst passengers?
In the spirit of sharing the ride and the fare, all tolls incurred during the journey will be split between passengers.

Scenario 1: ONE passenger is onboard when it passes an ERP gantry.
Tip 1: All ERP charges to be paid by that passenger.

Scenario 2: TWO passengers are onboard when it passes an ERP gantry.
Tip 2: ERP charges will be split equally between both passengers.

Scenario 3: Passenger A is onboard. Driver passes an ERP gantry and picks up Passenger B.
Tip 3: ERP charges will be split equally between both passengers.

Above is from Grab Website

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think so. Everyone here invariably upset. Think need more clarity on what is going to happen. To incentives, etc. But might take awhile. Hang in there.

I already said before in this forum. Many Uber riders will not cross over to grab for many reasons. Hence now there is an oversupply of Drivers versus riders. Even till today uber pings are coming fast and furious

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
Quiet Monday, best of all...forgot to collect ERP 3.50 from my 1st customer (long trip 35km) of the day.

Always forget ERP if chit chat too much or long trip.

sherica

Reaction score
Circle and camp at various spot of SK and punggol for 30mins no ping at all. I go home liao. And my driver app don't know why start to sleep..I all along on never sleep option zzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.