Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherica

Reaction score
Just board a $5 hitch for 4 pax from depot close to vivocity. Poor uncle and he's a FT driver..must be really no biz to take this kind of job..

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My avante can fit a ikea study table also back row seat can fold down flatten.

You be surprised how many things you can stack in a Jazz. Or get a Shuttle non-hybrid.

Wa thanks for the math. Appreciate it.

Because I need to get a car that can ferry goods then end up can’t get the $50 car Liao. $50 should be like vios or something like that? My minimum spend will be a Honda shuttle non hybrid which I think is $60+ .... zzz I have to consider a few things ...so a bit hard to make decision.

Stirling69

Reaction score
First consideration is whether the vehicle will help you generate higher revenue and gross margin. If the answer is YES, then dont try to save that few pennies and lose that pound.

Because I need to get a car that can ferry goods then end up can’t get the $50 car Liao. $50 should be like vios or something like that? My minimum spend will be a Honda shuttle non hybrid which I think is $60+ .... zzz I have to consider a few things ...so a bit hard to make decision.

But your rental end up minus away the savings.

$20 more 1 week is $140.

U drive or not drive u spent $140 more.

But taking cheaper car. U drive or not drive u save $140 and less on petrol if no drive.

Unless u tell me hybrid cars u can clock 2k km and non hybrid car u clock 500km, savings of 1.5k km.

Actually is simple maths leh...

All price for example

Non hybrid - $50 per day
Hybrid - $67 per day

Petrol for non hybrid per week - $150 per week
Petrol for hybrid per week - $90 per week

Got savings meh??

Non hybrid - $50 x 7 + $150
Hybrid - $67 x 7 + $90

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
You be surprised how many things you can stack in a Jazz. Or get a Shuttle non-hybrid.

I drive a Jazz
Fold down the rear seats (it folds down flat) and it becomes a van

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even so must make sure the higher income is worth paying more. Scally higher income not much but got minus off by rental also LL.

Rental is cost so must work out carefully else end of day only cover cost also no use. So the lower the cost the better.

Again simple maths.

Current rental cost - $50
Expected rental cost (bigger car or whatever) - $70

Now your cost increase by $20 per day.

If daily profit is always ard $200, minus current rental cost still gives u $150 (dun talk about petrol first).

But with change of bigger vehicle, profit increase to $300. Now is it worth? To earn extra $100? What if u fell sick for a few days? All u earn goes back to paying off your sick days.

But another scenario... if profit doubles... i can immediately tell u MTL!

For me if i pay anything extra, i must earn back 10 times that extra amount at least else not worth paying for it.

Low cost = lower risk
High cost = higher risk

First consideration is whether the vehicle will help you generate higher revenue and gross margin. If the answer is YES, then dont try to save that few pennies and lose that pound.

Last edited:

PlayDough

Banned
Reaction score
Just get a car that makes you happy. No point making money spending so much time on the roads inside a lousy shiatty car that gives problems and make you unhappy and frustrated end up health gets affected.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BdJbvJHl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.