HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Like Tree102Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2018, 05:51 AM   #2296
Great Supremacy Member

Used to do also. But not always. Cheers.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:51 AM   #2297
Great Supremacy Member

Where u go siah. So long no sound no pic
I’m back....
Old 06-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #2298
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah now online have one beedio

the beedio show one phv driver steal one ho

jin jialat
Steal 1 ho? Wtf is ho?
Old 06-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #2299
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorlee i mean hp

Steal 1 ho? Wtf is ho?
Old 06-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #2300
Great Supremacy Member

Good morlengz.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #2301
Supremacy Member

Will measures proposed by Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore really change things on the ground?

Christopher Tan
Senior Transport Correspondent

By now, there is little doubt that the disruptors in our midst are disruptive in more ways than one.

As illustrated by recent events, there is little anyone can do should these start-ups decide to pack up and leave.

But unlike bike-sharing firm oBike's sudden and complete exit which left many quarters with red faces, ride-hailing firm Grab is still here to face the music.

And yesterday, the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore(CCCS) turned up the volume.

After an investigation spanning more than three months, the watchdog has found that Grab's acquisition of US rival Uber's South-east Asian business is anti-competitive.

In a strongly worded statement, it accused Grab and Uber of going ahead with the deal despite knowing very well it might contravene anti-trust laws.

It has spelt out a number of measures to counter the "significant lessening" of competition the deal has given rise to.

But how realistic and fair are these measures? Let's examine them one by one.

REMOVING EXCLUSIVITY CLAUSES

Grab must remove exclusivity obligations, lock-in periods and termination fees on all its drivers. It must remove exclusivity arrangements with taxi and private-hire fleet operators too.

This requirement sounds reasonable on the surface. But does the CCCS require other players to do the same? For instance, taxi giant ComfortDelGro has prevented its hirers from signing on to the JustGrab app. None of the other cab operators has done so.

Many merchants adopt similar methods to retain clients, from loyalty programmes to instant rebates.

KEEPING RATES THE SAME

Grab must maintain its pre-acquisition pricing algorithm and driver commission rates until competition is revived in the market.

Easier said than done. First of all, market conditions have changed significantly since Grab's deal with Uber was announced in March. Some 20,000 private-hire drivers have not obtained a professional licence and have exited the market, although many are now operating as car-pool drivers.

And as NUS-LTA Transport Research Centre director Lee Der-Horng puts it, the previous pricing had largely been the function of incentives. It was unrealistic and commercially unsustainable.

In short, the fares and driver commissions were not real. Also, Grab fares are still generally lower than cab fares today.

SALE OF LION CITY RENTALS

Uber must sell Lion City Rentals wholly or partly to any potential competitor, and not sell to Grab without CCCS approval.

Lion City Rentals has already been disposing of its assets on the open market, starting with its excess fleet of cars which it is selling to consumers and car dealers at a loss.

Will CCCS approve now if Lion City sells the rest of its vehicles to ComfortDelGro? That was actually on the cards in December last year-a development which the commission was not quite ready to approve back then.

Observers have rightly surmised that there is not much recourse the CCCS has should the parties concerned fail to carry out its recommendations.

UNDOING THE DEAL

Unwinding the acquisition? That is as realistic as getting oBike to come back.

That leaves financial penalties. It would be a mockery if the CCCS allowed Grab to carry on as long as it paid a fine. So, presumably, it will continue to slap the firm with fines until competition is returned to the level deemed fit by the CCCS.

That also does not achieve much. And it might even be detrimental to Singapore's drive to attract foreign investment.

And if push comes to shove, Grab will pack up and go. After all, it is a private limited company, with shareholder Grab Inc sited in the Cayman Islands.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-on-the-ground
Old 06-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #2302
Supremacy Member

Who is this? You?
This is a real man.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #2303
Supremacy Member

Hunk
Hunk
Hunk
You are a real man ah?
Old 06-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #2304
Supremacy Member

wah now online have one beedio

the beedio show one phv driver steal one ho

jin jialat
Thieves and other law-breakers tend think they will not be caught, shamed and brought to justice. “It will not be me” becomes “please give me a chance”. Stupidity is forever.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #2305

VAR. everywhere now😆

Thieves and other law-breakers tend think they will not be caught, shamed and brought to justice. “It will not be me” becomes “please give me a chance”. Stupidity is forever.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #2306

First peak hour kanna one cash trip, immediately check with him he selected cash payment and will have erp, along the way inform him of each erp charge, upon destination then say not enough money for total $6.50 erp. He has no dbs pay lah too

Rebuke him that I have already inform him there's erp charge. Gave him my bank account number, told him if I don't receive by today will proceed to make a police and grab report

That young long hair huan na guy with his ang mo girl not happy that I mention police, act gung ho to impress his girl

Have since reported to grab, and they say i can only wait

Last edited by littledaogei; 06-07-2018 at 11:29 AM..
Old 06-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #2307

No money nevermind, leave your gf with me.😆

First peak hour kanna one cash trip, immediately check with him he selected cash payment and will have erp, along the way inform him of each erp charge, upon destination then say not enough money for total $6.50 erp. He has no dbs pay lah too

Rebuke him that I have already inform him there's erp charge. Gave him my bank account number, told him if I don't receive by today will proceed to make a police and grab report

That young long hair huan na guy with his ang mo girl not happy that I mention police, act gung ho to impress his girl

Old 06-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #2308
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Yah i also dulan cash payment sometimes fare 6-7 gave me $50 to change then used up my notes

Old 06-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #2309
Master Member

just to check attrage cannot use for Grab anymore? thats why LCR sell all away
Old 06-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #2310
Arch-Supremacy Member

There was one night

nnb, 6 riders all give me $50 note, my float use up.

knn

Yah i also dulan cash payment sometimes fare 6-7 gave me $50 to change then used up my notes

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.