Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Like Tree102Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2018, 04:06 PM   #766
Arch-Supremacy Member

how long is ur contract?

aiya, since u inside liao, just chin up and finish the contract.

it is tough but still must at least cover rental

Not worth it to drive for grab anymore.
I have just started to drive as full time, big regret. Every single day I am depress on whether I can cover the rental and petrol or not since I am lock into a contract, cannot back out.

Everybody, is using comfort app to book as it is much cheaper than grab.
Behind the scene, I felt that grab is also lowering the price for customer. Travel 20km+ only earn $19. Go to high demand places no surge. Still got to drive at least 5hrs in order to pay the rental, not including petrol.

Alot of times I am in high demand area, but the price didnt surge. Drive around with empty car most of the time.

Advice: Those who have not started, don't go in to the industry as a full time. The distance travel not worth the time and effort. Cannot even cover petrol. For part timers go ahead IF you have your own vehicle. if you do not have vehicle don't even bother renting, most of your salary will be going to paying rental.
Old 19-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #767

how long is ur contract?

aiya, since u inside liao, just chin up and finish the contract.

it is tough but still must at least cover rental

ya lo.. 2nd week only. contract 6 months... knn
still long way to go

This grab really pirate company, paint the picture so nice.. tio bluff inside
Old 19-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #768
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyway 2 weeks only

i believe u will get the hang of the system and improve

slowly find the time that u able to commit to and earn high fares

still long way to go

Old 19-06-2018, 04:51 PM   #769
Arch-Supremacy Member

Treat it as working low ses peasant job forcing ownself to buy a car lor. Dun think too much n dun be calculative. Life will be better this way. Afterwhich pls proceed to RWS basement lvl once u complete ur beginner course.
Old 19-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #770

still long way to go

U rent what car? Hybrid ?
Old 19-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #771
Master Member

Well said, very depressing to drive PHV nowadays.

Reasons:
1) petrol prices high
2) high mileage but gross fare low. Nowadays, grab ask me travel 3.5km to 5km to fetch a $7 to 10 bucks jobs. Ask them fly kite. (Travel 130km, earn only $105 gross, net $84.)
3) ERP, petrol and rental are non-deductible for tax.
4) cheapo GrabShare, lowest ever, 40mins earn only net $2.60.(worse than GrabHitch)
5) crazy customers.
6) 20% commission to Grab
7) Shitty incentive
8) prepare to cough out $X,XXX few thousands dollars for payment of income tax and medisave contribution.

Vomit blood after driving for Grab for past 1.5years.

Not worth it to drive for grab anymore.
I have just started to drive as full time, big regret. Every single day I am depress on whether I can cover the rental and petrol or not since I am lock into a contract, cannot back out.

Everybody, is using comfort app to book as it is much cheaper than grab.
Behind the scene, I felt that grab is also lowering the price for customer. Travel 20km+ only earn $19. Go to high demand places no surge. Still got to drive at least 5hrs in order to pay the rental, not including petrol.

Alot of times I am in high demand area, but the price didnt surge. Drive around with empty car most of the time.

Advice: Those who have not started, don't go in to the industry as a full time. The distance travel not worth the time and effort. Cannot even cover petrol. For part timers go ahead IF you have your own vehicle. if you do not have vehicle don't even bother renting, most of your salary will be going to paying rental.

Last edited by tomzire; 19-06-2018 at 05:39 PM..
Old 19-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #772

This reminds of a recent trip I took from a single mum grab driver. Just renewed her 1yr car contract before uber pulled out. Now very depressed. Waited 30mins for a ping with a low fare of $10. Yet cannot don't drive, cos beside rental, still need to cover income tax and medisave from last year.
Old 19-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #773
Master Member

Rental business collapsed since last Qtr 2017. LionCity/Uber got plenty of new cars not rented out. Now they selling off the toxic assets.

This reminds of a recent trip I took from a single mum grab driver. Just renewed her 1yr car contract before uber pulled out. Now very depressed. Waited 30mins for a ping with a low fare of $10. Yet cannot don't drive, cos beside rental, still need to cover income tax and medisave from last year.
Old 19-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #774

From 5pm till now still no ping while I go from Serangoon Nex to Paya Lebar Square. Today die liao.
Old 19-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #775
Arch-Supremacy Member

after july 1st might be even worse for rental business

Rental business collapsed since last Qtr 2017. LionCity/Uber got plenty of new cars not rented out. Now they selling off the toxic assets.
Old 19-06-2018, 05:32 PM   #776

Waseh..... now I see like so disheartening.... hurhur.... I hope all of u today get good pings and earn more ya!
Old 19-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #777
Master Member

Yes, don't auto accept. The system might throw you shitty jobs. With the shitty incentive, choose your jobs wisely and play along with the system.

I always on auto accept, then incentive cui so switch to manual. didn't accept a few jobs in between become 5s. grab algorithm very fast pin driver lo
Old 19-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #778
Arch-Supremacy Member

is not disheartening, is a fact of life.

ever since uber exit the market, it is never the same for the phv industry

if u ask why still drive when e market is not gd, for some ppl is bo bian (ie still finding work, no drive no monies)

being a phv driver is not as rosy as last time liao (2-3 years ago)

Waseh..... now I see like so disheartening.... hurhur.... I hope all of u today get good pings and earn more ya!
Old 19-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #779
Master Member

Hi all my father has decide to stop doing grab, got a personal owned z10 commercial insurance mitsubishi attrage for cheap rent. if keen do pm me .
Old 19-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #780
Arch-Supremacy Member

sometimes i monitor the ar and cr until quite tired lol

Yes, don't auto accept. The system might throw you shitty jobs. With the shitty incentive, choose your jobs wisely and play along with the system.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.