Hokkien no limit

Driver4lyfe

#lor18han
Sitkpt#
I friday return lcr car.

I monday collect another car.

Sat sun maybe try smove or tribecar

Got referral a not i can use

Posted from PCWX using Don’t avoid, just pick any job, easy, step and go, no need use brain , remember u need Grab,Grab don’t need u
Old 25-09-2018, 05:13 PM   #9558
Supremacy Member

The spirit of UBER continues to haunt the living.

——-
Uber struggling to dispose of its sizeable fleet six months after pullout

SINGAPORE - The Uber-owned vehicle leasing operator, Lion City Rentals, still has several thousand cars - many unhired - in its fleet, six months after the American ride-hailing firm pulled out of Singapore.

The Straits Times understands that Lion City intends to close down, and has been trying to dispose of the fleet. For a number of months now, it has been putting up cars for bidding by rental fleet owners and used car dealers.

Many of its cars - mostly Mazda 3 sedans and Honda Vezel crossovers with low mileage - were also advertised on online portals such as sgCarMart.

But response has been weak. Lion City is said to still have up to 10,000 of the 15,000 estimated cars in its fleet as of early this month.

"The market cannot absorb so many cars. It is now deregistering cars, and exporting them to other countries," a senior manager at a rental firm said. "We hear Grab has also bought some."

Asian ride-hailing giant Grab, which took over Uber's regional business in March, said it bought "a small proportion" of Lion City's fleet.

Transport giant ComfortDelGro also bought some cars. Uber would not say much when contacted.

"Lion City Rentals continues to partner with thousands of drivers and hirers every day in Singapore and remains committed to the market," a spokesman said.

Checks by The Straits Times revealed that several hundred unhired Lion City cars are parked in places such as Big Box Singapore, Carros Centre and Sports Hub.

On Monday, the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) fined Uber $6.6 million for contravening competition laws when it sold its South-east Asian ride-hailing business to Grab in March. Grab was fined for $6.4 million for its role in the sale.

The CCCS also set out a number of measures which both companies had to meet. Among them, Uber must sell vehicles from Lion City Rentals - which was not included in the deal with Grab - to any potential competitor with a "reasonable offer". Uber will need the approval of CCCS to sell the vehicles to Grab.

In a related development, motor traders said Lion City's car disposal has weakened demand for new cars, contributing to sliding certificate of entitlement prices.

The situation is in stark contrast to 2016 and 2017, when Uber's ambition to grow its Lion City fleet helped drive COE premiums sky-high.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-after-pullout
Old 25-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #9559
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Straits Times understands that Lion City intends to close down

Now this is serious business... Noooooo... Cheap cheap rental
Old 25-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #9560
Arch-Supremacy Member

siao liao...my prius also
Old 25-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #9561
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see FB group many say LCR going to tie up with Go-jek?

Say what go jek going to buy over LCR fleet

Posted from PCWX using Don’t avoid, just pick any job, easy, step and go, no need use brain , remember u need Grab,Grab don’t need u
Old 25-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #9562
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see FB group many say LCR going to tie up with Go-jek?

Say what go jek going to buy over LCR fleet

Posted from PCWX using Donít avoid, just pick any job, easy, step and go, no need use brain , remember u need Grab,Grab donít need u
That's what i feel but i nv seen such chatters yet. The thing that matters to me is the price I paying that is all.
Old 25-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #9563
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's what i feel but i nv seen such chatters yet. The thing that matters to me is the price I paying that is all.
now alot of drivers on the fence..we shld see in October if ah jek is really coming and what they going to do
Old 25-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #9564
Arch-Supremacy Member

I feel as long as they can offload the excess car. Likely they wont close

They still have thousands of hirer lei.

Business sure still can go on one as long they dont burden by those excess car

Old 25-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #9565
Arch-Supremacy Member

now alot of drivers on the fence..we shld see in October if ah jek is really coming and what they going to do
It's coming. I think they just appointed the CFO for SG.
Old 25-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #9566

Dang. Shazam mode on since 5pm and snail pace drive from Bishan to Novena still no ping! Jiak sai liao.
Old 25-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #9567
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dang. Shazam mode on since 5pm and snail pace drive from Bishan to Novena still no ping! Jiak sai liao.
waiting for ur happy story

see u otr later
Old 25-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #9568
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then u nid to play this.

Old 25-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #9569
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then u nid to play this.

i prefer jay chou 一 路向北
Old 25-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #9570
Arch-Supremacy Member

Month end.... Everyone wallet very thin....

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.