used 520i

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will get the IL6 over the 520. but one man meat can be another poison and this will be an endless discussion.

i prefer the silkiness of in-line over turbo... of course for in-line, you cant get the sudden surge but what you can get is the linear push.

Chiron

Reaction score
Avoid 2010 and 2011 F10 models. 2012 is more reliable. The facelifted version (September 2013 onwards) is even better.

This car is fine although the mileage is a little high for my liking.

Inline 4 twin turbo is great. BMW’s engineering is undeniable.

Have personally driven F10 both pre and post facelift. Now driving G30.

How's the G30? I'm still on my E60, left 1.5 years. Am torn between getting a new one or continue with it. Love the IL6, smooth as silk
😎

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly I am not a big fan to cheong type .,.. sudden surge is not my cup of tea, prefer a silky cruise.

i will get the IL6 over the 520. but one man meat can be another poison and this will be an endless discussion.

i prefer the silkiness of in-line over turbo... of course for in-line, you cant get the sudden surge but what you can get is the linear push.

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the 520i not have electronic seat adjustment even for driver seat?

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nice. in fact i dont like the sudden surge...

Majestic12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the G30? I'm still on my E60, left 1.5 years. Am torn between getting a new one or continue with it. Love the IL6, smooth as silk
😎

Definitely get the G30 over the F10.

It depends on your driving style. I drive like a maniac on sports mode most of the time if am alone or with wife in car. If fetching clients or parents around, I put it on comfort.

Suspension alone beats the F10’s, which I found too floaty.

F10 also too bulky - like a muscled bruiser. G30 in comparison is lithe and agile.

Majestic12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Having tried both, realised I like the turbo.

Well there’s always the F90 M5. Lol

Majestic12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ too. My friend bought a resale 2011 F10 520i too nothing much of an issue too.. the only thing he regretted is he told me that time he bought he didn’t know got 528i if not he would have gotten it. Haha anyway he chip up his 520i so hp is about same as 528i. Until now he still feel regretted he did not get the 528i

There’s no replacement for displacement haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.