HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

where to duplicate car key

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Master Member

where to duplicate car key

I want to duplicate another key for myself.I looking to duplicate those key with alarm not 3th partyy.Anybody know where?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

i think that one u gotta go to one of those shops which can duplicate keys with immobilizer in them
Old 08-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry, dig old thread, but desperate now.
Broke car key in pockets.

Key with IC chip. I can't remember a specialized place that can replicate key+chip for like $200. Normal shops do not carry the Merz key templates,let alone the chip, and worry cannot handle broken key precisely.

Anyone knows of one that carries a comprehensive range of templates, with skills to dup a broken key?

Wonder can dig the mini block chip out from old key, melt new key base and insert in? (Seen the workshop mechanics did that before)

Help appreciated.

Last edited by touchme; 08-10-2014 at 02:07 PM..
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #4

Try Malaysia. Bukit Indah AEON, SGD 100.
BillaMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Try Malaysia. Bukit Indah AEON, SGD 100.
Sounds good, thks.
Inside the mall, or outside shophouses?

But now handicapped, not so practical, more local lobangs pls?
(No need chip, just key base to try out first)
Old 08-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #6

Sounds good, thks.
Inside the mall, or outside shophouses?

But now handicapped, not so practical, more local lobangs pls?
(No need chip, just key base to try out first)
I remember one at Toh Guan Centre which claims they can duplicate most car keys. Showed them my Opel car key, they said 'cannot'
There's another at Turf City.

Hope that helps.
kevin301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Go to the one at turf city. Newton Auto. They are the expert but prepare for long waiting time occasionally.
m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:35 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Go to the one at turf city. Newton Auto. They are the expert but prepare for long waiting time occasionally.
This unit is directly facing the Standard Chartered (formerly GE Money) repossessed cars auction lot. Never ever seen them actually busy, but I would assume that if they did it would be after auctions, i.e. when winning bidders collect their cars that don't come with keys.
CCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #9

Can try call this shop at Toa Payoh, saw they display different brands of car keys at their shop.

HDB Toa Payoh #01-418, 186 Toa Payoh Central, (S)310186
Tel: 8153 0621 Soxxi Master @ Toh Guan Centre
cis2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

got one shop at international plaza (i think its near the BK outlet iirc), claim they can duplicate car keys with immobilizer.

got another small shop at icon (also tanjong pagar, beside mapletree anson), beside the japanese restaurant and beside the carpark entrance. also claim they can duplicate car keys
Old 09-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you all, guys for your rcdms.

Newton Auto (Kevin) PMed me ytd to quote. But put on hold.

Spoke to a couple of keymasters about handling broken key. They say can try, as long as no chipped-off bits. Soxxi Master (Kaki Bukit), said the same, but can use code-cutter (whatever it is) to machine key $50, even without key. Just provide veh. regn plate...woah!!?? Asked if he is the Geylang one, he said yes.

Thinking of trying out self-swap-reinsert IC chip with $5-10 dup, dropped in along the way to Tiong Bahru Plaza B1, general shoe/keysmith with many key bases. Nice old man, willing to try/help broken key, but doesn't have my keybase. During which, he did a quick $2 key dup for someone. Good low humble price considering inside a mall, cf. those Mr. Minit franchises.

Continued train down to Kaki Bukit Soxxi Master, (lurching along a big toy box, sending for DOA, from the weekend Eunos warehouse toys sale nearby). On reaching, asked when he shifted from Geylang, he said geylang is geylang, KB is KB, different entity, then i realised Soxxi Master is a franchise, with a handful of branches (as seen here in thread too).

He asked for my veh regn. while he pieced the key together. I politely asked again if my nicely broken key, can be clamp and cut? He fired away with arrogance, 'You want me clamp/cut, key can't work, dun find me, and you dig/swap chip yourself, I won't do it! Actually I don't even want to do this type of car key anymore."
I was shocked, but relagged down, and told him do as his suggested key code cut. (actually seen chip-swap before, very easy)

I stayed around, and saw him clamp in normal keycuting machine and cut new key. Of course I diam diam, $50 he needs for his expertise, so be it.

During this time, saw his colleagues collecting cash of $480 and $600 from 2 different customers, duplicating 1x immobiliser key each. All parties quoted and paid, no close eyelids, 0.2% of their car prices only. Lucky mine's LauPok, $50, very lucky can step into this atas franchise mini stall already.

I don't recommend anyone to go Kaki Bukit Soxxi Master for Joseph's dirty and rude service.

Key worked, Thanks for reading and and will keep this good thread and all the good people's rcdms here!

Last edited by touchme; 09-10-2014 at 08:50 PM..
Old 14-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #12

Sorry to dig this out.

Does anyone have recent recommendations for transponder duplication? The transponder comes with immobiliser chip for keyless engine start also.

The posts above are from 2014 so hoping for updated reviews.
Thanks!
Jun.Hao19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 10:19 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Or JB

Joo Fatt Key Service
37&39, Jalan Bentara 20,, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah,, 81300 Skudai, Johor Bahru,, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-557 1289

https://goo.gl/maps/kBbQvCFuLKQ2

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 03:41 AM   #14

Thanks for the recommendation
Jun.Hao19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.