Comptia Security+

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering that the new SY0-601 is coming out sometime in Oct 2020. It is still relevant to take the current SY0-501 and get certified this year for 3 years validity as the new format will also take time to adjust.

Anyone who taken this certification find it useful? I'm currently start studying and planning to take during June 2020.

AveragePudding

Reaction score
hi. i am planning to take security+. Wonderin where do you guys take it in singapore? I am planing to take it at bridgingminds. Should i do Sec+ given that the syllabus is going to change?

senpai4

Master Member
Reaction score
hi. i am planning to take security+. Wonderin where do you guys take it in singapore? I am planing to take it at bridgingminds. Should i do Sec+ given that the syllabus is going to change?

Can take online test, i am not sure is it open now

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah I also saw its going to be refreshed to SY0-601. But i still think its okay to study now, and if still go ahead for the SY0-501 first before SY0-601 is not released yet. Probably just add-on, but the knowledge acquired still not gone to waste.

Ks1991

Reaction score
barely passed Security+ with 796/900.
Studied for a good 3-4 weeks before sitting for online test.

gonna take a 1-week break before starting CISSP study.. this is not gonna be as easy as security+ though.

senpai4

Master Member
Reaction score

gonna take a 1-week break before starting CISSP study.. this is not gonna be as easy as security+ though.

Go for sscp?

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

comptia exams are not easy to me. i took their cloud essentials+ and score 742/900, barely passed as compared to your score.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a lot to study . i took the Jason Dion and professor messer training . any other to try ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.