HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Possible to join CSIT or any idea where else to look for?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2020, 11:54 PM   #1

Possible to join CSIT or any idea where else to look for?

Hello guys, I graduated from a Private Diploma in Cyber Security course. The course offered EC-Council modules & I got the 'main' certs like CND, CEH, CEH Practical & CHFI.

Right now looking for a job to gain experience & hopefully to settle down on one too. No prior experience in this field, so things are kinda tough.
Currently teaching myself basic Python & reading up materials to keep myself updated and fresh.

No specific reason why but I want to work in a civil service like CSIT/DSTA but the bare minimum requirements for joining them is to have a Bachelor's Degree. Though I have plans on taking part-time degree in the future.

May sound naive but you guys think is it a good idea or even possible to drop them an email asking if there's any opportunities for a Diploma fresh grad or not?

If not, is there any other direction I can look towards at? Maybe some kind of guidance or advise. Thankful to all the helpful replies!
Artimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:38 PM   #2

You can try applying for system admin roles to gain experience while u brush up on your skills.
However the requirements are not fixed you can still try to apply no harm trying
frozened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #3

private diploma 0 chance
unless you're going in for a job that requires o/n level only.

Last edited by Thoreldan; 11-01-2020 at 03:48 PM..
Thoreldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #4

Hello guys, I graduated from a Private Diploma in Cyber Security course. The course offered EC-Council modules & I got the 'main' certs like CND, CEH, CEH Practical & CHFI.

Right now looking for a job to gain experience & hopefully to settle down on one too. No prior experience in this field, so things are kinda tough.
Currently teaching myself basic Python & reading up materials to keep myself updated and fresh.

No specific reason why but I want to work in a civil service like CSIT/DSTA but the bare minimum requirements for joining them is to have a Bachelor's Degree. Though I have plans on taking part-time degree in the future.

May sound naive but you guys think is it a good idea or even possible to drop them an email asking if there's any opportunities for a Diploma fresh grad or not?

If not, is there any other direction I can look towards at? Maybe some kind of guidance or advise. Thankful to all the helpful replies!
i have one job position available related to security.

If you are interested, please pm me. Thanks.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.