HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

anyone took ferry from HKIA to guangzhou before?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
High Supremacy Member

anyone took ferry from HKIA to guangzhou before?

how was it? Does it drop off near the city center? From the map the 2 possible ports to land at seem quite far from there but I'm not sure of the ground situation - if there are convenient buses/trains into the city center from these ports.

The ferry seems like a cheaper and faster way from HKIA than the buses since it goes direct to china immigration points without crossing into HK.

Last edited by Sausage; 06-10-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #2

http://www.guangzhoutravelguide.com/...hou-ferry.html
These are unusual times, so the higher expense and longer travel time of this route is worthwhile. You will be able to avoid any possible disruptions to the MTR and the Airport Express.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Yes, I saw that site but was thinking the ferry is actually not that much more expensive than a hsr and also no need to take the airport train into central hi to get onto a hsr, can board it direct at the airport instead. But worried that upon landing at the port it will be inconvenient to get into Guangzhou town

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT
Old 07-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #4

For all this trouble, why don't you fly Guangzhou Baiyun or Shenzhen Baoan instead? Even Macau can do. Lianhuashan is part of Guangzhou city. It is simply a taxi ride to the nearest MRT or your ultimate destination.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:59 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Contingency.. if the HK situation cools a bit I can go in... If not, I can go direct to Guangzhou from the airport. I haven't fixed my plan yet

Old 07-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #6

I would plan everything around Guangzhou and regard HK as a bonus add-on in the unlikely event that MFA removes the travel advisory against visiting HK ie. If I were you, I'll buy my ticket for China, and not HK.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

OK... Unfortunately I just bought the air ticket to hk already Via SIA. It was a good price, so we'll see how it goes. The alternative was a SIA flight direct to Guangzhou with bad timing, using a scoot plane, and more expensive too.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #8

I've done it via hongkong to shenzhen. Loved the sea breeze and cool air. But nothing much else to do on the boat. Its perfect for people like me who want to just relax and do nothing
augustin0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #9

I went to Shekou, Shenzhou by the hydrofoil from Skypier HKIA. It made a lot of sense as Shekou is a long way from downtown Shenzhen, about 20 MRT stations.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.