Harbin free and easy

vuzuuu

Reaction score
I'm on Budget and I'm wondering do I need a pair of snow boots for the coming trip. But, will only stay in Harbin for one week only. So, it's a waste to spend hundred over dollars for the one week trip.

Do you think a pair of nice quality wool socks enough to keep my feet warm, besides, it's more easier to bring over.
Am thinking to get it upon arrival.
Any tips or advises to share with??

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I'm on Budget and I'm wondering do I need a pair of snow boots for the coming trip. But, will only stay in Harbin for one week only. So, it's a waste to spend hundred over dollars for the one week trip.

Do you think a pair of nice quality wool socks enough to keep my feet warm, besides, it's more easier to bring over.
Am thinking to get it upon arrival.
Any tips or advises to share with??

You can buy over there. More choices, and better value for money. Your shoes will get wet and freeze, if you do not have the right gear. Wear at least shoes with good water resistance and thick socks before you get to the better stuff over there.

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, just get winter boots,
dun need snow boots.

clothing wise, just wear more and drink hot water before you go out...

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a budget traveller and was unprepared by heavy snow in NorthEast China. Fortunately winter clothings are affordable in the cities i had visited, 延吉, 珲春,绥芬河。i bought a snow (or winter?)boot at 50RMB, glove at 15RMB, cap at 35RMB, warm pant at 60RMB, 2 thick cotton long sleeves tees at 78RMB.

And many jackets are available at 100RMB.

BTW the 亚布力 ski center had opened....

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows where could I catch a cheap flight from Singapore to Harbin?
Thanks.

Take a scoot flight to Shenyang. Take airport bus @15RMB to 沈阳北。

The bus takes you to long distance bus station. You need to find your way to the rail station. Just a 20 minutes walk to the 沈阳北 station.

[Download 高铁管家 app, for train departures and arrival timings between 沈阳北 and 哈尔滨]

In 哈尔滨, I stayed in 速8 (super 8), 88RMB for a windowless room. Taxi from rail station is 10 RMB.

There is a pasar malam @ 安静街 (started at 1600h and pasar pergi too) nearby the hotel. (15 minutes walk from hotel) 。

You can buy cheap winter wears there. Just saw them selling boots at 40RMB, inner pants at 35RMB, jacket at 75RMB, gloves, socks and hats too.

Weather is cold here, not sure if you can tahan the cold here , without proper winter wears. It is cold in 沈阳 too.

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When u wear specs and breathe through the mask, there will be water condensation form on the specs lens. You need to remove the specs and wipe the mist off the lens quickly. If you dun, the mist will turn into ice and you cannot see properly. Soon it will turn into ice Specs frame... then u need to go indoor and wait for the ice on the lens to melt and wipe off.

Quite troublesome. Dun underestimate the coldness in harbin.

Very good advise. I got running nose, and got a mask. But the mist formed on my glass, blurred my vision. I decided not to put on the mask thus.

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a Walmart at the 中央大街, you can buy cheap winter wears there. Saw boots selling at 50rmb and jackets at 60-400rmb. There is an uniqlo shop here too, but the prices are not attractive, can skip uniqlo.

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Along 中央大街, someone was selling the 亚布力 and 雪乡 package.

For 亚布力, it's a one day package at 80RMB, which include return transport, lunch and a 2hr free ski.

For 雪乡, it's a 2 day (all in) package at 860RMB, which include return transport, simple hostel stay (民宿 maybe, didn't ask for more), and free entries to all activities there, like cable car..

All transport left at 0600h...

BTW there are many scams in 雪乡 , Google for more info.

Fyi..

Last edited:

Poubelle

Reaction score
Along 中央大街, someone was selling the 亚布力 and 雪乡 package.

For 亚布力, it's a one day package at 80RMB, which include return transport, lunch and a 2hr free ski.

For 雪乡, it's a 2 day (all in) package at 860RMB, which include return transport, simple hostel stay (民宿 maybe, didn't ask for more), and free entries to all activities there, like cable car..

All transport left at 0600h...

BTW there are many scams in 雪乡 , Google for more info.

Fyi..
Thank you for the info. In looking at going in Feb 17. This is so useful!

kukubirdie

Master Member
Reaction score
Any feedback or iteniary info?
Am looking for Jan 2018 trip.
Any good deals for snow village n wonderland 3d 2n local?

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Yes yes I know about seven days but I choosing others. I think this area is good, I can tour the nearby snow attractions myself then join Day tour to go further out.

you book hotel liao beside the hotel within
5min got 7 天hotel , cheap and good

juxtaposition

Reaction score
zDmsA5F.jpg

dGW0pwV.jpg

Shiok just arrived.
Took public bus from domestic airport Taiping Harbin, 20rmb and 40mins ride. Then it is about 5-10mins walk from bustop to ibis at Sophia church.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.