HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Instructions: Free shuttle bus to Terracotta Army Xi'an

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not a lot. One to two days Huangshan. One day Terracotta. Another day in Xi'an, the bell tower, city wall, etc.

no go huang he?
rain_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #17

Xi'an tourist itineraries were organised in the 4 cardinal directions:
East-
Banpo Museum, First Emperor Mausoleum, Terracotta Army Museum, Huaqing Pool, Mt Li, Lintong Museum, Mt Hua /Huashan
West-
Xianyang Museum, Mao Mausoleum, Zhao Mausoleum, Tomb of Huo Qubing, Concubine Yang, Famen Temple
South-
Dumu Shrine, Mt Cuihua, Mt Taibai etc
North-
Yan'an, Huangdi Mausoleum, Sima Qian Shrine, Yellow River Bottleneck etc
City-
City Wall, Shaanxi Historical Museum, Steele Forest Museum, Big and Small Goose Pagodas, Muslim Quarter, Drum and Clock Towers

Each route will easily take one day. Mt Hua deserves a night. Unless you are keen on historical sites and museums in the above list, my efforts are wasted on you.

Last edited by beanstalk6; 15-04-2019 at 09:02 PM..
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #18
Master Member

Not a lot. One to two days Huangshan. One day Terracotta. Another day in Xi'an, the bell tower, city wall, etc.
I correct myself. It's Huashan, not Huangshan. Always mixed up these two.
Old 15-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #19
Master Member

Xi'an tourist itineraries were organised in the 4 cardinal directions:
East-
Banpo Museum, First Emperor Mausoleum, Terracotta Army Museum, Huaqing Pool, Mt Li, Lintong Museum, Mt Hua /Huashan
West-
Xianyang Museum, Mao Mausoleum, Zhao Mausoleum, Tomb of Huo Qubing, Concubine Yang, Famen Temple
South-
Dumu Shrine, Mt Cuihua, Mt Taibai etc
North-
Yan'an, Huangdi Mausoleum, Sima Qian Shrine, Yellow River Bottleneck etc
City-
City Wall, Shaanxi Historical Museum, Steele Forest Museum, Big and Small Goose Temples, Muslim Quarter, Drum and Clock Towers

Each route will easily take one day. Mt Hua deserves a night. Unless you are keen n historical sites and museums in the above, my efforts are wasted on you.
I find the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda a waste of time. The fountain/light show too.
Old 15-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #20

I find the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda a waste of time. The fountain/light show too.
Yes, other than the historical significance- rarely do structures date over 1000 years back. Fountain/light shows are rarely worth the while too.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.