Shanghai 1 day tour package / private guide

roger595

Reaction score
Any recommendations please? Online platforms or even hotel tours can be considered.

Ones on ctrip looks really good but can't purchase without China number or wallet.

Going with some elderly relatives so it will be nice to have a guide around explaining things.

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just book on ctrip.. put a fake phone number. no choice. but make sure you contact the tour agency a day before departure/ add wechat etc and during tour, dont do anything funny/ arrive late etc

if joining those multi-day tours, ask if they accept foreigners as many hotels dont accept foreign guests

roger595

Reaction score
just book on ctrip.. put a fake phone number. no choice. but make sure you contact the tour agency a day before departure/ add wechat etc and during tour, dont do anything funny/ arrive late etc

if joining those multi-day tours, ask if they accept foreigners as many hotels dont accept foreign guests

Merry xmas !

Payment wise can accept meh ?

edit:

I just tried and went all the way to payment page , seems to work. There is even an option to pay in RMB or SGD. If so , i believe we can buy a china SIM to prebook before departure? - assuming it can receive SMS locally. Or worst cast scenario, purchase upon arrival at shanghai airport.

the fake number options seems a bit too risky since i'm traveling with elderly relatives

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.