HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tibet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #1

Tibet

Hi,

We are planning to visit Tibet in Sep and was looking at the tour options available. We are thinking of joining small group tours by China tour operators for the tibet portion. Does anyone has recommendations on tibet tour operators?

Also, we were thinking if Everest base camp is worth a visit since it's almost 2 days of travelling. Can anyone share their experiences?

thanks!
travbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #2

You will want to see if whoever you sign up with is able to handle the permit.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ch...A-4175878.html
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #3

In plan to visit Tibet and EBC during Feb 2018

so far 8 day Tibet and EBC tour
the tour agent in Tibet offer me USD720

anyone been to Tibet to share

anyone keen
pioneer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #4

Since i started this thread, i thought i could give an update on how to do a tibet trip from sg.

We finally made the trip in sep 2018. And this is how we did it.

1. Book flights from air china to lhasa via chengdu or beijing. Stopover in chengdu for 2 days to do some sightseeing and collect the original tibet travel permit which the local agency couriered to our chengdu hotel.

2. Book local agency at least 1.5 mth in advance so that they can arrange the tibet permit. We used tripadvisor to find a suitable agency and tour plan.

3. We joined a group join tour with other foreigners. Max group size was 12. And no shopping stops.

4. Asked the agent about hotels that will be used.

5. Insist on partial payment of tour with rest of pyt in tibet. Get quotes in rmb.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #5

Since i started this thread, i thought i could give an update on how to do a tibet trip from sg.

We finally made the trip in sep 2018. And this is how we did it.

1. Book flights from air china to lhasa via chengdu or beijing. Stopover in chengdu for 2 days to do some sightseeing and collect the original tibet travel permit which the local agency couriered to our chengdu hotel.

2. Book local agency at least 1.5 mth in advance so that they can arrange the tibet permit. We used tripadvisor to find a suitable agency and tour plan.

3. We joined a group join tour with other foreigners. Max group size was 12. And no shopping stops.

4. Asked the agent about hotels that will be used.

5. Insist on partial payment of tour with rest of pyt in tibet. Get quotes in rmb.
Mind sharing which agency? Is the service good?
krazyhippo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:51 PM   #6

Mind sharing which agency? Is the service good?
We used tibet vista. It was alright. Completed the itinerary without too much issues.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:00 AM   #7

We used tibet vista. It was alright. Completed the itinerary without too much issues.
How much does it cost for 2pax?
krazyhippo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #8

How much does it cost for 2pax?
Depends on the tour that u signed up. U can google their website by searching the agency name and see the various tour options they have on offer. While the website may stated prices in usd, do get the rmb quote from them. Cheaper to pay in rmb
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.