HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Using Didi in china

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Master Member

Using Didi in china

Anyone used Didi in china?

any issues with using local registered credit card ( mastercard for eg)

TIA.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:06 AM   #2
Master Member

No issues using a SG credit card.

Works just like uber / grab / gojek - just that during peak hours, it's still difficult to get a car because demand is just so high.
jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #3

No issues using a SG credit card.

Works just like uber / grab / gojek - just that during peak hours, it's still difficult to get a car because demand is just so high.
I tried using it during my trip in May 2019, seems like only can link to WeChat acct wallet tho.
AL22DA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 07:15 PM   #4

I tried using it during my trip in May 2019, seems like only can link to WeChat acct wallet tho.
Is it you choose to book via wechat acc/app instead of downloading the actual app? Am always using wechat apps to book so can only pay via wechat wallet

Sent from Somewhere Ulu In Singapore using GAGT
ocw000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 05:19 PM   #5

Just came back from China on 15 Sep. No problem using Didi registered rd.with my Singapore credit card. But your phone must be the Singapore telephone number.
If you want to use a SIM Card purchased in China, then you have to register for a Didi account in China. Not sure if that will work with your Singapore credit ca
punggol12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #6

Is it you choose to book via wechat acc/app instead of downloading the actual app? Am always using wechat apps to book so can only pay via wechat wallet

Sent from Somewhere Ulu In Singapore using GAGT
I book via the app directly, then i try to choose payment mode, in 2018 i use cash payment it is allowed. but when i went earlier this year. the only option was via wechat wallet
AL22DA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

What if we have dual Sims? Can I use a internet sim to use didi, even if it was registered to the phone number of another sim (also in the same phone)?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT
Sausage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #8

What if we have dual Sims? Can I use a internet sim to use didi, even if it was registered to the phone number of another sim (also in the same phone)?

You can test this here by hyourself without going to China.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #9

I book via the app directly, then i try to choose payment mode, in 2018 i use cash payment it is allowed. but when i went earlier this year. the only option was via wechat wallet
Did anyone experience the same?
sesame246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

I installed didi and registered and it was in English and then it said English services are unavailable in my area and switched to Chinese. Is anyone using it in English?

Sausage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #11

Do we really need a China SIM card to use Didi? Last tried in China and they prompted to use China SIM card
FashyNisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #12

I'm in China currently. Can use Didi greater China in English. I ignored when they prompt me to update. Just use the one downloaded from Google play store.

You can pay Didi using cash or Alipay. Alipay can be setup with a sg credit card using your pass.

Using m1 data passport btw
joeidle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #13

I'm in China currently. Can use Didi greater China in English. I ignored when they prompt me to update. Just use the one downloaded from Google play store.

You can pay Didi using cash or Alipay. Alipay can be setup with a sg credit card using your pass.

Using m1 data passport btw
You booked taxi? Was told that cash is only applicable for taxi booking,
Old 03-12-2019, 08:31 AM   #14

error adding credit card to DiDi english version

i have sucessfully added my mastercard but when i clicked on the credit card icon, there is a prompt " disable password free payment" or "cancel".

when i click disable, my credit card details are gone. if i click cancel, it went back to previous page.

anyone pls help. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #15

Play store has DiDi-Rider and DiDi-Greater China. Which do y'all use? What's the difference between these two?

Do I have to set up before going to China?

Can I choose to pay by cash? If by visa, is there additional charge on card?
AugZie is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.