Wechat wallet

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do I send red packets to other wechat users? I've set up my wallet and topped up some money (from a friend) but I don't see the option to send red packets (it should be available in the + button of the chat window but I don't see it there).
Did you ever received any red packet from your friends? If NO maybe try to ask your friends to send you a red packet first, yes it should be under the available options menu once you click on the +

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

divinepotato

Reaction score
Did you ever received any red packet from your friends? If NO maybe try to ask your friends to send you a red packet first, yes it should be under the available options menu once you click on the +

Yes I did receive a red packet from a friend and I've collected it. But when I press + in the chat window, the option to send red packet doesn't show up. Is it unavailable in international version of wechat?

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I did receive a red packet from a friend and I've collected it. But when I press + in the chat window, the option to send red packet doesn't show up. Is it unavailable in international version of wechat?
My current version is Wechat 6.6.7, think should be the same bah..

AwblWNll.jpg

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
My current version is Wechat 6.6.7, think should be the same bah..

AwblWNll.jpg

Where is your locale installed? From Singapore or China?

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is your locale installed? From Singapore or China?

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
My wechat app installed locally (Singapore) quite sometimes ago.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is the same version 6.6.7, but don't have the red packet option.

This is strange Bro! Mine before receiving the red packet also doesn't have the red packat option. But once my cousin sent me a red packet it just auto show up and I'm able to transfer the red packet back to him, or to my friend.

Even my friend never accept, it will auto transfer back to my wechat.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you don't have the Red Packet Options or WeChat Transfer version.

You'll need someone to send you a red packet. And you need to register a Credit Card to receive it. (Can be done on Singapore Credit Card, not Debit). [VISA or Master Card, not too sure, since both have seen people register OCBC 360 card and POSB Everyday Card].

Be it whichever WeChat you install from.

Velton

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay finally achievement unlocked. Linked my OCBC CC to it. Then ask a friend to send me 1RMB red packet. I can receive. Finally..

divinepotato

Reaction score
This is strange Bro! Mine before receiving the red packet also doesn't have the red packat option. But once my cousin sent me a red packet it just auto show up and I'm able to transfer the red packet back to him, or to my friend.

Even my friend never accept, it will auto transfer back to my wechat.

Really strange, but after a few days, my red packet option is now visible. And I didn't even do anything.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really strange, but after a few days, my red packet option is now visible. And I didn't even do anything.
Deng Deng!! Here u go Bro!!! Maybe xi da da checking if u got any illegal business running in the mainland :)

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Hi all
I have manage to activate my WeChat wallet and add a local sg bank cc. However I am not able to topup the WeChat wallet at all? Is that cause it’s not activated by red packet yet or no way to topup and pay without a China cc?

absolut777

Reaction score
Hi all
I have manage to activate my WeChat wallet and add a local sg bank cc. However I am not able to topup the WeChat wallet at all? Is that cause it’s not activated by red packet yet or no way to topup and pay without a China cc?

T&C states that can't use foreign credit card to top up WeChat wallet.
Basically it's just use as credit card at vendors who accept it.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I believe you need to have a local C.C link up in order to topup and use the Wechat wallet.

orangemonkey88

Reaction score
I just linked my local credit card to my wechat account.
If I get my friend to send me a angbao or pay those carousell service to send me money, will I be able to use the credit as a normal wallet when I am in china and pay for services?
or will the money be stuck inside but cannot spend until u link a china credit card with a china phone number?

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just linked my local credit card to my wechat account.
If I get my friend to send me a angbao or pay those carousell service to send me money, will I be able to use the credit as a normal wallet when I am in china and pay for services?
or will the money be stuck inside but cannot spend until u link a china credit card with a china phone number?
you can spend normally when in china :)

as long as the option appears :D

st2shaw

Reaction score
Hi All

I looked through this thread and some other threads, i can't seem to get a clarification on these issues

Q1- using singapore downloaded app wechat or alipay, can we get someone to send RMB to the app (wallet?) and just use the app to pay for food and stuff like the local chinese.
That person has to have a china mobile phone?

Q2 - can link singapore credit card to wechat or alipay?

I dont' want to open china account or keep china mobile phone.

someone ( i don't know well) told me that i can buy value cards in convenience stores (7-11 type) like mobile phone cards and top up the wallet in the app and then it's like cash, can just scan and pay in china and the locals

after all these days of googling....still i can't seem to find any info for tourist to use mobile payments in china!!! please help. thank you!!!

absolut777

Reaction score
Most places in China will still take cash. As tourists, mobile payment platform are not necessary. It's helpful, convenient definitely, but not necessary.

Similar to how if a tourist comes to Singapore; no local sim,no ride hailing app,no ezlink card, no PayLah/NetsPay.

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Visa / MasterCard applications are so difficult, they would have up lorry & not used worldwide.

Well some may say it is successful but that’s local.
Even Malaysian WeChat Pay can’t use in China .
It would be a big joke if Visa / MasterCard cards have such issues.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.