HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2018, 11:21 PM   #151
Master Member

Hi Starabby, thanks for replying.

I've managed to add my POSB Everyday MasterCard from my "Me" page successfully (^_^)v

Sent from Samsung SM-A730F using GAGT
Tried but unsuccessful. U install which locale wechat version? Singapore or HK or China?

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT
yhw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 11:58 PM   #152

Singapore. My WeChat has been installed for a few years already.

When you go to your "Me" page, there should be an icon that is related to money (the icon has disappeared since my Wallet is enabled). Tap the icon. There are 2 methods to add your local credit card. Tap the second method and follow the instructions.

kakukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #153
Master Member

When you go to your "Me" page, there should be an icon that is related to money (the icon has disappeared since my Wallet is enabled). Tap the icon. There are 2 methods to add your local credit card. Tap the second method and follow the instructions.

I tried at Me, click +, click money, click Enable Now. After providing my POSB everyday card, said not supported yet.

I had tried method of re install the app too.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Old 16-08-2018, 10:34 AM   #154
Arch-Supremacy Member

Able to link local credit card too, but yet to try out the top up from the credit card, are we able to top up and transfer to any wechat users?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
luei74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #155

I don't see 2 methods to add the cards. For me, after you click "enable now" , then it will ask to "Verify User Info". Then add bank card which will say it
must be a mainland issued bank card.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
Gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #156

I don't see 2 methods to add the cards. For me, after you click "enable now" , then it will ask to "Verify User Info". Then add bank card which will say it
must be a mainland issued bank card.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
try press + on top right > Money > Receive Money > Add New Card
GamersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #157

Able to link local credit card too, but yet to try out the top up from the credit card, are we able to top up and transfer to any wechat users?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
Unable to top up from credit card. You can top up using third party service and transfer to other wechat user.
Starabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unable to top up from credit card. You can top up using third party service and transfer to other wechat user.
Yes, trying out last night but failed....look like still need to go through middle man...
luei74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #159

Yesterday manage to get the "wallet" for another 2 mobile phone which one no problem to link card and another was not able to after a few tries.

Finally successful as I sent a red packet to help open the wallet.

Maybe for those not able to link card can try get their friend to help sending red packet to help open up the wallet.
Old 17-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #160

Thumbs up

Yes, trying out last night but failed....look like still need to go through middle man...
Is easy. I top up by credit card using this local top up services and they can top up within 2 second without the 实名认证 which required by those China top up service provider.

http://redpacket.fomodigital.com/web/order/default
luei74 likes this.
Old 17-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #161

Smile

the rate sibei lousy sio, 4.2+ Go carousell top up got rate 4.8+
Carousell got few top up providers but no sure whether can be trusted. For what I think just to top up for a small amount to test whether the "wallet" is working so I do not care about the exchange rate.

As compare to those individual top up service provider listed on Carousell, at least this one was reported on news and they promised full refund if in the event the top up can not get thru.

https://www.fomopay.com/2017/07/17/f...business-boom/
Old 18-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #162

I got a problem.. got someone to send me quite a lot of rmb. But when I use more than 1k RMB, they said my account needs to be verified before any further purchase can be done.

Anyone has any idea how to go about solving it? Now my money is stucked inside...
seetimex likes this.
earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #163

i think the only way is to open a bank account in china to get a debit card.
ngml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #164
Greater Supremacy Member

i think the only way is to open a bank account in china to get a debit card.
You can have WeChat wallet but you need to have a valid china debit or credit card linked to receive any transfer or hong Bao

Last year it was still possible to add a singapore credit card until recently or this year must use china credit card le
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #165
Master Member

But saw news few month back that those downloaded from HK/Macau/TW store will be able to use their local credit cards.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.