Wechat wallet

starcrys

Reaction score
I was able to use wechat wallet linked credit card to pay for my ctrip train and flight tickets. I don't think the limit applies in cases where the money is deducted from credit cards via wechat wallet.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Ooohh...So there seems to be no limit if we are using credit/debit cards (debit if one is able to link their sg dc to the account). Thank you for that info (*notes down*).

Erm...Any idea of the limit for the wallet if not using cc/dc, cos I got some change in the wallet due to red packets/ transfers received? Scared that the balance will be over the usage limit. I've been searching on the net, but there seems to be 2 kinds of limit for the wallet, first is the everyday can take out $1000, every month max $2000. Second is the $1000/lifetime limit. Not sure which one is correct...Anyone knows? Also not very sure which tier is one's wallet...Anyone knows how to check this also?

david_yyy

Reaction score
I was able to use wechat wallet linked credit card to pay for my ctrip train and flight tickets. I don't think the limit applies in cases where the money is deducted from credit cards via wechat wallet.

Are you able to provide instruction on how you link your credit card to wechat pay to make payment?

Taurus123

Reaction score
Are you able to provide instruction on how you link your credit card to wechat pay to make payment?

You need to make the wechat wallet appear first. After that, you add your credit card using the top right plus sign.. disclaimer: I only added 2 cards.
1 icbc travel MasterCard
1 DBS altitude card

david_yyy

Reaction score
You need to make the wechat wallet appear first. After that, you add your credit card using the top right plus sign.. disclaimer: I only added 2 cards.
1 icbc travel MasterCard
1 DBS altitude card

Can you confirmed you are able to make purchase payment from the 2 credit cards that you have added? Cause i have added 2 cards, citibank and dbs altitude, but still not able to make payment. Thanks.

Taurus123

Reaction score
Can you confirmed you are able to make purchase payment from the 2 credit cards that you have added? Cause i have added 2 cards, citibank and dbs altitude, but still not able to make payment. Thanks.

I have not try paying in china. However, I'm able to pay for airline tickets and train tickets using china ctrip app. With wechat in the payment mode.

prisleongsing

Reaction score
I have not try paying in china. However, I'm able to pay for airline tickets and train tickets using china ctrip app. With wechat in the payment mode.

I can use mine too - last visit in Shanghai. Its like the EZLink card for me. Minor buys will do. =:p

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 icbc travel MasterCard
1 DBS altitude card

Mine can only link to china bank....?

Last edited:

david_yyy

Reaction score

So, which card was charged for paying airline and train tickets?

david_yyy

Reaction score
I can use mine too - last visit in Shanghai. Its like the EZLink card for me. Minor buys will do. =:p
When making payments, did you top up your wechat account prior to purchase or the amount was deducted from your credit cards?

My experience was that i am not able to use the credit cards stored in my wechat account to pay, but i can get 3rd party to transfer RMB to my wechat account for me to make purchase.

Taurus123

Reaction score
So, which card was charged for paying airline and train tickets?

You get to select the card to be charged when you select on the wechat icon. I chose ICBC one for simple reason. Lesser fees.

david_yyy

Reaction score
You get to select the card to be charged when you select on the wechat icon. I chose ICBC one for simple reason. Lesser fees.

I see. I will try it out. Thanks.

my_SLK

Reaction score

I read that ctrip has been rebranded internationally to trip.com?

Having a free and easy China with some friends next month so in the midst of considering trip.com for accommodation and train bookings.

Was in Beijing awhile back , saw everyone using meituan / dazhong for food and ticket discounts , very gian but still making no headway after researching for the entire past week.

Heard from those carousell top up sellers that I can use alipay (register with passport) to link with dazhong then do a top up via them but they themselves not sure if i will encounter any issues in china.

Not a good idea to be stuck with few thousands RMB in ewallet and no way to spend !

Interested to figure this out though as I should be heading to Beijing again in feb/ march

Any experts around? Willing to pay a small fee to have everything set up swee swee

zorrus

Reaction score
Ooohh...So there seems to be no limit if we are using credit/debit cards (debit if one is able to link their sg dc to the account). Thank you for that info (*notes down*).

Erm...Any idea of the limit for the wallet if not using cc/dc, cos I got some change in the wallet due to red packets/ transfers received? Scared that the balance will be over the usage limit. I've been searching on the net, but there seems to be 2 kinds of limit for the wallet, first is the everyday can take out $1000, every month max $2000. Second is the $1000/lifetime limit. Not sure which one is correct...Anyone knows? Also not very sure which tier is one's wallet...Anyone knows how to check this also?

hello! did u managed to clarify your situation yet?
i am currently in SH now and i realised i am edging towards the 1K limit and i have personally tested that i cannot make payment or transfer any amount once the value exceeds 1k.

now i got some balance amount in my Wallet and i am kinda stuck on what is my next steps (since i wont be able to open a china bank account too)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Taurus123

Reaction score
I read that ctrip has been rebranded internationally to trip.com?

Having a free and easy China with some friends next month so in the midst of considering trip.com for accommodation and train bookings.

Was in Beijing awhile back , saw everyone using meituan / dazhong for food and ticket discounts , very gian but still making no headway after researching for the entire past week.

Heard from those carousell top up sellers that I can use alipay (register with passport) to link with dazhong then do a top up via them but they themselves not sure if i will encounter any issues in china.

Not a good idea to be stuck with few thousands RMB in ewallet and no way to spend !

Interested to figure this out though as I should be heading to Beijing again in feb/ march

Any experts around? Willing to pay a small fee to have everything set up swee swee
The prices are better in ctrip compared to trip.com. I used the Chinese language in ctrip app and paid in CNY. Dazhong requires local id and phone number and also I cannot find the alipay link in the app.

my_SLK

Reaction score
The prices are better in ctrip compared to trip.com. I used the Chinese language in ctrip app and paid in CNY. Dazhong requires local id and phone number and also I cannot find the alipay link in the app.

crap

10char

Piano

Reaction score
When making payments, did you top up your wechat account prior to purchase or the amount was deducted from your credit cards?

My experience was that i am not able to use the credit cards stored in my wechat account to pay, but i can get 3rd party to transfer RMB to my wechat account for me to make purchase.

Hey there, quick question, just wondering where do you go for legit and trustworthy 3rd party with decent rates? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.